Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Season News?

Hi All,

I hope the week is going well for everyone and you are enjoying the football we are able to watch. I know athletic circles are small and at times information leaks out from word of mouth around different universities. I was wondering if there was any news out there about the NSIC season. Without getting into the politics of it I was wondering if anyone heard anything? Looking forward to Ark St. and App St. tonight. Should be a good game. Also it looks like Mike Van Diest has left the program. I was really looking forward to see him within the program. I like what I am seeing from new DB coach Mitchell White. Should be a fun year.

According to an NSIC program in MN the Spring season is not going to happen. Also, sounds like 2021 schedules will be the same as 2020 schedules. Best case scenario for MN NSIC programs in the Spring are scrimmages. It would be beneficial to scrimmage an opponent other than yourself at the conclusion of Spring Practice. Hopefully this happens. The MN programs still expect more rigorous covid restrictions that could limit Spring football. ND, SD, NE and IA schools should have more flexibility.

Comment

Originally posted by NSICFballFan View Post
      According to an NSIC program in MN the Spring season is not going to happen. Also, sounds like 2021 schedules will be the same as 2020 schedules. Best case scenario for MN NSIC programs in the Spring are scrimmages. It would be beneficial to scrimmage an opponent other than yourself at the conclusion of Spring Practice. Hopefully this happens. The MN programs still expect more rigorous covid restrictions that could limit Spring football. ND, SD, NE and IA schools should have more flexibility.
      No inside info, but who we kidding. Nothing in happening in the NSIC in 2021 either, Minnesota is already locked down by Timmy the Tyrant and it is only going to be more drastic starting November 4.

The overreaction on this is startling. The power grab is not going to be given up voluntarily.

The Minnesota schools are essentially locked down and ripping off their customers (students).

Comment

I understand the NCAA has set more rigid criteria for sports than the NAIA, but why aren't some presidents at D2 (and D3) schools demanding waivers so they can play. NAIA has lost some games, maybe 20-25%, but several programs have played 5 games to date and a few 6. There have not been issues of death, horrendous respiratory issues and such or we (I) would have heard about them. The half of NAIA schools scheduled to play in the spring, according to the coaches I have interviewed, seem well on their way, weather permitting. When you guys talk about no 2021, I think that's just crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post
          I understand the NCAA has set more rigid criteria for sports than the NAIA, but why aren't some presidents at D2 (and D3) schools demanding waivers so they can play. NAIA has lost some games, maybe 20-25%, but several programs have played 5 games to date and a few 6. There have not been issues of death, horrendous respiratory issues and such or we (I) would have heard about them. The half of NAIA schools scheduled to play in the spring, according to the coaches I have interviewed, seem well on their way, weather permitting. When you guys talk about no 2021, I think that's just crazy.
          It is my understanding that some NSIC schools are working to set up a few games in the spring

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

No inside info, but who we kidding. Nothing in happening in the NSIC in 2021 either, Minnesota is already locked down by Timmy the Tyrant and it is only going to be more drastic starting November 4.

The overreaction on this is startling. The power grab is not going to be given up voluntarily.

The Minnesota schools are essentially locked down and ripping off their customers (students).
            I disagree.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I guess a few games in the spring will be cool to see if it happens. Bottomline is all NSIC are experiencing the same thing, recruiting is still in full force and practices look like they have the intensity of a regular season. You have to give credit to coaching staffs for adapting. I really feel for NSIC football players who are being told they can;t play but have to watch a Saturday night primetime game on ABC in Minnesota. It really makes you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

I disagree.
                That's what makes America great !

Comment

Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post
                  Amen. Also, the NSIC hasn't even complained near as I can tell. Funny how college sports are happening in the Dakotas, Iowa, and nebraska, and some of the smaller Minnesota schools without issues. Yet the NSIC schools in those same states are locked down. No reason they have to have the insane testing demands here. Disservice to the students

Comment

Amen. Also, the NSIC hasn't even complained near as I can tell. Funny how college sports are happening in the Dakotas, Iowa, and nebraska, and some of the smaller Minnesota schools without issues. Yet the NSIC schools in those same states are locked down. No reason they have to have the insane testing demands here. Disservice to the students

Comment

Don't disagree. My point is simply the NSIC has been far too willing to sit back and let stuff be canceled

Comment

Don't disagree. My point is simply the NSIC has been far too willing to sit back and let stuff be canceled

Comment

There is zero reason Wayne State couldn't have played football this fall, other than conference politics. They'd have received financial support all the way from the state.

I suspect some of the other schools, whose state wasn't as supportive, appealed to the league to prevent them from getting recruiting advantages out of playing.

Comment

To my understanding, the league itself (Presidents) voted for no-football this Fall....but instead in the Spring. This meant all teams were in this "no football" (an agreement reached) together as to not give some programs a competitive advantage of being able to play games and work out roster kinks and so forth.

Some schools weren't thrilled about this (one's looking for potential games while having new coaches and such)..and I get that. MN kinda is driving the bus in the NSIC..and also stunting the ability to see football sooner than later. The cost of testing for the D2 level is still a real issue. I have no idea if the NAIA is doing the same frequency of testing and so forth..so I cannot speak to their gameplay.

My understanding is the league will not be scheduling a spring season for the conference..so the programs will need to go and find game (they haven't had to do this since 2011, imagine the thought..haha) and line everything up. Schools that already have a great thing going and see there's nothing championship to play for....they won't be real motivated for games. Squads who have something to prove, new coaches who wanna start making their mark, or squads that have a lot of questions about the ability of their existing team..would be more motivated for games. These will likely have the feel of a glorified scrimmage but for us fans, something is better than nothing.

To a large degree the planning of all this is very fluid, since potential mask mandates and other such COVID precautions might very well happen in the coming months as states like SD and ND are blowing up big time with the virus.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

There is zero reason Wayne State couldn't have played football this fall, other than conference politics. They'd have received financial support all the way from the state.

I suspect some of the other schools, whose state wasn't as supportive, appealed to the league to prevent them from getting recruiting advantages out of playing.
                              yep

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X