Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    Chris Reed signs with the Colts on a 1 year deal. Good luck Chris!

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2021/4/...-year-contract

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post

I'm curious also. Did no Mankato fans travel down?
    From some Twitter pics that I saw they evidently did. I haven't talked to my Mav sources yet so I haven't heard how things went.

Leave a comment:

• badboyblynn
    replied
    Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
    How was your scrimmage at Morningside yesterday?
    I'm curious also. Did no Mankato fans travel down?

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Oh. Was not aware of that.

Leave a comment:

• Clean Liver
    replied
    How was your scrimmage at Morningside yesterday?

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied
    Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Will the actual game count just as a stand alone game or count for next season? Will individual stats be counted towards career stats for players?
    I asked the MSU football account directly on twitter. No responses. I'm not sure if they even know. I gotta believe it will be an individual game. Academic years I'd assume wouldn't carry over athletic standings

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I didn't realize Davenport was gone until I read the announcement they hired a new guy - I guess his retirement was reported on back in August. Maybe I read about it then. What was the general consensus about him? I wasn't around enough to form a proper opinion of him, though I did hear him speak once. He didn't really strike me as the aggressive leader needed at a MinnState school, but those are just my passing thoughts.

IMO, that entire section of campus needs an overhaul if they plan to keep the stadium in that location. Dump the baseball field entirely, move the pitch to the T/F grounds - and build some walking bridges over Stadium Road for goodness sakes.

It'll never happen, but one can dream.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

He retired- I think it was after 18 years. I heard something once about his health but I don't know exactly what.

I look at the stadium- one of the best for actually WATCHING a game- as a safety issue. A walk around the old gal shows accidents waiting to happen, not just for fans but also players.
    I didn't realize Davenport was gone until I read the announcement they hired a new guy - I guess his retirement was reported on back in August. Maybe I read about it then. What was the general consensus about him? I wasn't around enough to form a proper opinion of him, though I did hear him speak once. He didn't really strike me as the aggressive leader needed at a MinnState school, but those are just my passing thoughts.

IMO, that entire section of campus needs an overhaul if they plan to keep the stadium in that location. Dump the baseball field entirely, move the pitch to the T/F grounds - and build some walking bridges over Stadium Road for goodness sakes.

It'll never happen, but one can dream.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    The obvious concern I have is his strong ties to west coast academia. Admins out there tend to not be very friendly to football, and especially at our level. That being said, there isn't enough information to form a proper opinion of his views - so I'll leave it at that.

Though, during his tenure at Pacific Lutheran University, they won three of their four national championships in football (and six in other sports) - so I'll hold out hope that he's seen the importance of small school athletics.

I also found this to be a bit curious, but I'm not going to read into it too much:

Capital University provost quits in first year - News - The Columbus Dispatch - Columbus, OH

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

What happened to Davenport?
    He retired- I think it was after 18 years. I heard something once about his health but I don't know exactly what.

I look at the stadium- one of the best for actually WATCHING a game- as a safety issue. A walk around the old gal shows accidents waiting to happen, not just for fans but also players.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    For those interested- MSU named a new president today. It wasn't the candidate from Northwest MO. Not sure about his feelings towards athletics, but the last school he was at didn't have football.

The Board of Trustees of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities has named Edward Inch to serve as the 13th president of Minnesota State University, Mankato. The appointment will become effective July 1, 2021.

Since 2016, Dr. Inch has served as provost and vice president for academic affairs at California State University, East Bay, a highly diverse, student-centered, community-engaged university with more than 14,500 students and 850 faculty.

From 2011 to 2016, he served California State University, Sacramento as dean of the College of Arts and Letters, where he led an academic unit comprised of 10 departments enrolling more than 29,000 students. His accomplishments in this role include collaborating with faculty, staff, students, and community partners to design and write the university strategic plan, developing processes to improve the diversity of staff and faculty applicant pools, and collaborating with faculty leadership to improve College retention and graduation rates.

Other engagements include serving Capital University (OH) as provost and vice president for academic affairs (2009 to 2010) and Pacific Lutheran UniversityWestern Washington University,

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    For those interested- MSU named a new president today. It wasn't the candidate from Northwest MO. Not sure about his feelings towards athletics, but the last school he was at didn't have football.

The Board of Trustees of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities has named Edward Inch to serve as the 13th president of Minnesota State University, Mankato. The appointment will become effective July 1, 2021.

Since 2016, Dr. Inch has served as provost and vice president for academic affairs at California State University, East Bay, a highly diverse, student-centered, community-engaged university with more than 14,500 students and 850 faculty.

From 2011 to 2016, he served California State University, Sacramento as dean of the College of Arts and Letters, where he led an academic unit comprised of 10 departments enrolling more than 29,000 students. His accomplishments in this role include collaborating with faculty, staff, students, and community partners to design and write the university strategic plan, developing processes to improve the diversity of staff and faculty applicant pools, and collaborating with faculty leadership to improve College retention and graduation rates.

Other engagements include serving Capital University (OH) as provost and vice president for academic affairs (2009 to 2010) and Pacific Lutheran UniversityWestern Washington University,

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Will the actual game count just as a stand alone game or count for next season? Will individual stats be counted towards career stats for players?
    Great question. I'm guessing it could go under the 2020-21 season. NDSU had only one game last fall- which I assume could go on their record. Unprecedented territory.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    Here is the latest spring schedule for MSU. Open at Morningside for a scrimmage March 20th, ends with an actual game at Northern on May 1st.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2021/3...-schedule.aspx

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Here is the latest spring schedule for MSU. Open at Morningside for a scrimmage March 20th, ends with an actual game at Northern on May 1st.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2021/3...-schedule.aspx

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X