Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Not SMSU related per se, but I was listening to the Mankato HS hockey game tonight. They interviewed the MSU Associate AD, and he name dropped Marshall as a potential opponent to Mankato to get Hockey Day.

He didn't elaborate on it, but I thought it was interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    Mustangs get a local kid Eddie Garcia. Plenty of upside. Played soccer most of life and didnt start football until a sophomore. Had a really good junior year just playing defense. Good DT. Not as good a year as a senior having to play both ways. I see him as a DT. good feet. works hard in weight room.
    Marshall produces good linemen. Would be nice if we got a hidden gem!

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Mustangs get a local kid Eddie Garcia. Plenty of upside. Played soccer most of life and didnt start football until a sophomore. Had a really good junior year just playing defense. Good DT. Not as good a year as a senior having to play both ways. I see him as a DT. good feet. works hard in weight room.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    Thanks fellas....I didn't realize I'd be interviewing in a prison..haha. (joke, given his background in the shot)

On a serious note..Scott is about the nicest and most genuine coach in the business. I tried to ask some questions on behalf of my board brothers..haha.
    great interview. enjoyed it

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    I've been in Founders Hall so many times, I didn't even think twice about it. That's how all the original dorms are too....

Not sure of the accuracy, but heard once that if Marshall wasn't awarded the college (it was between us and Redwood Falls), we would've gotten a women's prison instead.
    Heard the same. Also heard had it gone to RWF, it would have been overlooking the park, which would have been cool. Fishing in the creek in between classes and whatnot.

Anyway, we love our white painted concrete block and wood paneling. So much wood paneling.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    Thanks fellas....I didn't realize I'd be interviewing in a prison..haha. (joke, given his background in the shot).
    I've been in Founders Hall so many times, I didn't even think twice about it. That's how all the original dorms are too....

Not sure of the accuracy, but heard once that if Marshall wasn't awarded the college (it was between us and Redwood Falls), we would've gotten a women's prison instead.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    Thanks fellas....I didn't realize I'd be interviewing in a prison..haha. (joke, given his background in the shot)

On a serious note..Scott is about the nicest and most genuine coach in the business. I tried to ask some questions on behalf of my board brothers..haha.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Witt did a really nice interview with Coach Underwood. So excited for the fall!
    That was a good interview. You can see why people have nothing but good things to say about Underwood.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Witt did a really nice interview with Coach Underwood. So excited for the fall!

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

The Cooper kid just decommitted from us to commit to Bemidji.
    Well that solves that then.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

It was back around Christmas, but I saw a guy from Robbinsdale Cooper committed
    The Cooper kid just decommitted from us to commit to Bemidji.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    hearing nothing. know nothing about coaches nor recruiting. seeing very little information
    Starting to see more recruiting offers.....not much for commitments yet though.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    hearing nothing. know nothing about coaches nor recruiting. seeing very little information

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Anyone else hearing any names?

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
    Frana just took a job at Western IL.
    I see him being tagged on multiple recruitment tweets involving WIU, but nothing more official than that. No reason to question it though.

New WIU coach is former Northern State OC Myers Hendrickson, so it makes sense as there would be a natural connection there.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X