X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by 212 Degrees View Post

I'm glad the kid found a home here and wish him a great career, but the way Nava played vs. 3rd ranked Mankato and how, he looked in the first half vs Wayne State before getting hurt, I would be shocked if he's not the starter coming in to the season. He looked the part and was a good pick-up.
    Agree. That is why I said in the mix. I surely am not handing him the starting job by any means, but Nava played about 6 quarters of football last year. It's not like we got a big sample size from him either. I was impressed with what I saw.

Leave a comment:

• Clean Liver
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Not long enough, I see.

Not bad though, thanks for asking. You?
    Once a fan always a fan. Shorts 'n t's in the desert, so pretty good. Oh, and the occasional AMB.

Leave a comment:

• 212 Degrees
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

thanks for the inside info!

Looks like the kid can run and throw which is exciting.

I would guess he is in the mix to play from day 1

I'm glad the kid found a home here and wish him a great career, but the way Nava played vs. 3rd ranked Mankato and how, he looked in the first half vs Wayne State before getting hurt, I would be shocked if he's not the starter coming in to the season. He looked the part and was a good pick-up.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by DAWGS View Post
    Stanger86 replied
    02-13-2020, 12:09 PM
    I didn't realize the Arizona QB is from the state's largest class. More intrigued now.....

The QB from AZ went to Hamilton HS in Chandler, AZ. One of the best programs in the state (6A, which is the highest level here). They were on a role (perennial power, playing out of state super teams from NV, OH and Fla) until they had some off the field incidents (locker room hazing B.S.) that went national and knocked them back for a few years. The hazing was some bad stuff and crossed the line. New coaching staff, lots of transfers out of the program to close by rivals for about 3 years. Arvay was the leader of this past seasons team, which was returning to it's prior form.

In AZ this past year the HS football association,decided to pull the top teams from all divisions who qualified, based on SOS, etc. (1A -6A) into a super bracket to play for the undisputed AZ championship. Hamilton was one of the 8 teams this year and they got bumped in the semis .

I saw Arvay play two times this past season and he's a very good get for SMSU. It came down to SFU and SMSU and he made the last minute decision to go to SMSU. I would think he would be in the mix for the starting position or at least rotation, as I believe that would have been the selling point at any of the D2 level schools. Plus Sauter is known from his time in the Cardinals organization as an NFL QB, which I'm sure helped. I know he was talking to other kids in the Phoenix area who also were recruited at SMSU. I think this is a pretty big deal for SMSU.
    thanks for the inside info!

Looks like the kid can run and throw which is exciting.

I would guess he is in the mix to play from day 1

Leave a comment:

• DAWGS
    replied

Stanger86 replied
    02-13-2020, 12:09 PM
    I didn't realize the Arizona QB is from the state's largest class. More intrigued now.....

The QB from AZ went to Hamilton HS in Chandler, AZ. One of the best programs in the state (6A, which is the highest level here). They were on a role (perennial power, playing out of state super teams from NV, OH and Fla) until they had some off the field incidents (locker room hazing B.S.) that went national and knocked them back for a few years. The hazing was some bad stuff and crossed the line. New coaching staff, lots of transfers out of the program to close by rivals for about 3 years. Arvay was the leader of this past seasons team, which was returning to it's prior form.

In AZ this past year the HS football association,decided to pull the top teams from all divisions who qualified, based on SOS, etc. (1A -6A) into a super bracket to play for the undisputed AZ championship. Hamilton was one of the 8 teams this year and they got bumped in the semis .

I saw Arvay play two times this past season and he's a very good get for SMSU. It came down to SFU and SMSU and he made the last minute decision to go to SMSU. I would think he would be in the mix for the starting position or at least rotation, as I believe that would have been the selling point at any of the D2 level schools. Plus Sauter is known from his time in the Cardinals organization as an NFL QB, which I'm sure helped. I know he was talking to other kids in the Phoenix area who also were recruited at SMSU. I think this is a pretty big deal for SMSU.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

I assume Nava and Herrera will both be back.
    I did think tocheck the roster and they were both listed.

Derp.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied

Should be an interesting season, that's for sure.

Any word on Nava? I have a feeling he won't be returning, but I haven't seen any concrete evidence.
    I assume Nava and Herrera will both be back.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

Been away. Just returned. How ya been?
    Not long enough, I see.

Not bad though, thanks for asking. You?

Leave a comment:

• Clean Liver
    replied

We've been over this.

Go away.
    Been away. Just returned. How ya been?

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Mustangs have brought in a few more guys since signing day as well. Love this class so far. Lots of speed lots of possibilities.
    Should be an interesting season, that's for sure.

Any word on Nava? I have a feeling he won't be returning, but I haven't seen any concrete evidence.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Have you applied for your e-scholarship? or are you to busy hunched over a computer eating chips and harassing on various athletic forums. Are you as cocky in person? or does the anonymity of the computer give you bravado.
    It's hilarious because he has absolutely no clue what he's talking about, yet parades around like he has all the answers.

Still haven't seen him try to boost enrollment, though. I eagerly await.

EDIT: It's also funny how much a program that doesn't affect him at all bothers him so. It's so juvenile. I love it.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
    Any e-activity scholarship? Askin' for a lazy p.o.s. couch potato.
    We've been over this.

Go away.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Mustangs have brought in a few more guys since signing day as well. Love this class so far. Lots of speed lots of possibilities.

Leave a comment:

• Clean Liver
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Have you applied for your e-scholarship? or are you to busy hunched over a computer eating chips and harassing on various athletic forums. Are you as cocky in person? or does the anonymity of the computer give you bravado.
    All of the above. You?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X