X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

Nava. jeez. No idea what to think. He only played in 2 games so I assume he could get a redshirt and have 2 years left.

From what I saw in those two games he was pretty good. Had a nice arm, made some things happen. I would be ok with him as a qb in the mix next year, but I have no clue if he will return.
    I don't remember when he tweeted his highlights, but it was early enough in the season to really make me wonder about his future with the team. I certainly hope he stays, I enjoyed watching him play for the couple games that he did.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

we should have been 6-5. I thought that was attainable at the beginning of the year if some things fell our way. We choked in at least 3 games. Disappointing we couldnt finish. Given how well Boyer played, 6-5 was attainable. Pretty disappointed myself. I though the tone of the season was poor.
    Yes. The actual execution of the season was abysmal. We gave up on too many games. It was sad, really.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    Based on preseason expectations, I guess I'm satisfied. We had some games that were hard pills to swallow in hindsight though, so it's iffy.
    we should have been 6-5. I thought that was attainable at the beginning of the year if some things fell our way. We choked in at least 3 games. Disappointing we couldnt finish. Given how well Boyer played, 6-5 was attainable. Pretty disappointed myself. I though the tone of the season was poor.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied

Any chance Davis gets looks from the Sunday teams? I think it's a longshot personally, but he did play very well. It's too bad we couldn't have had him for another season or two.

I thought Bouman did well with what he had. I wasn't expecting a lot from him. What happened to Nava? I saw a while back he had tweeted his highlights from this season, gave me a feeling that we wouldn't see him back.
    Nava. jeez. No idea what to think. He only played in 2 games so I assume he could get a redshirt and have 2 years left.

From what I saw in those two games he was pretty good. Had a nice arm, made some things happen. I would be ok with him as a qb in the mix next year, but I have no clue if he will return.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied

Any chance Davis gets looks from the Sunday teams? I think it's a longshot personally, but he did play very well. It's too bad we couldn't have had him for another season or two.

I thought Bouman did well with what he had. I wasn't expecting a lot from him. What happened to Nava? I saw a while back he had tweeted his highlights from this season, gave me a feeling that we wouldn't see him back.
    I think Daniel Davis has a shot to play on Sunday. Gunner is playing for the Patriots and he is that good I would say.

He is a good route runner and has a knack for the ball. will certainly get some looks.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Based on preseason expectations, I guess I'm satisfied. We had some games that were hard pills to swallow in hindsight though, so it's iffy.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    Considering what my pre season expectations were for the mustangs, I thought they had a successful season imo.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    2 thoughts.

1. Daniel Davis really good. In the top 3 to ever play wide receiver for SMSU. will be missed
    2. Bowman had a better year thatn I would have thought

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    2 thoughts.

1. Daniel Davis really good. In the top 3 to ever play wide receiver for SMSU. will be missed
    2. Bowman had a better year thatn I would have thought

Leave a comment:

• 212 Degrees
    replied
    That was a listless effort Saturday. Can't figure this team out
    We were down 20-14 after a lazy start and we dropped a pass in the end zone, in the 4th quarter. That just can't happen because there's so little margin for error.

Leave a comment:

• DAWGS
    replied
    They broke out the double reverse pass to the QB too early..............:laugh:

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    I went to the Dakota Marker Game yesterday, and I caught the last half-hour of College Gameday.

Some observations from yesterday:

1. It was fun watching former Mustang Michael Griffin play in a large game. I didn't check the game stats but I heard his name called a few times.

2. SDSU held Trey Lance back a bit, but he's a good QB and he got to keep his TD/INT ratio intact. This was his "homecoming," more or less.

3. The CWS beer-chug guy is apparently from Minneota and is the facilities manager at SDSU. I didn't get to see it but they had him reenact his stunt.

4. MSUM was represented by a flag in the CGD pit. Had I known I was going in advance I could have put together an SMSU sign.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun and a nice break from the NSIC. I tried to follow the Mustangs, but the coverage was spotty. Seemed like they made quite a drive on their last attempt but couldn't cap it off.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    With College Gameday at the Dakota Marker Game in Brookings, I'll be curious to see how that impacts SMSU attendance. My first guess is quite significantly, albeit I think it's too late in the season to make a fair comparison with years' past. Still, if I get time I will plan to look into it.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    I have to admit Boyer Bauman has played better than I expected him too. He has been a pleasant surprise and I am glad I am wrong. I did not see him being this good.

The line has actually shown much improvement the last few weeks as well.There has been decent running and better pass protection. They have improved.

The Dline has played better than expected although not great, but not awful. The coaches kill us late in games with 3 man rush. What the hell is that!????????? No way you can stop them rushing three and playing soft zone. Just crazy to keep doing that.

Credit to the players and the staff for bouncing back after the awful bemidji loss. Credit to all

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X