Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFCA Division II Preseason Coaches Top 25 (8/16)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFCA Division II Preseason Coaches Top 25 (8/16)

https://www.afca.com/2019-national-c...-2021-at-no-1/

1. West Florida (26)
    2. Minnesota State-Mankato (2)
    3. Ferris State
    4. Northwest Missouri State (1)
    5. Slippery Rock
    6t. Lenoir-Rhyne
    6t. Valdosta State
    8. Texas A&M-Commerce
    9. Notre Dame (OH)
    10. Colorado School of Mines
    11. Ouachita Baptist
    12. Colorado State-Pueblo
    13. Central Missouri
    14. Indianapolis
    15. Shepherd
    16. Grand Valley State
    17. Indiana (PA)
    18. Bowie State
    19. Tiffin
    20. Kutztown
    21. Lindenwood
    22. Harding
    23. Minnesota-Duluth
    24t. Carson-Newman
    24t. Wingate

Others Receiving Votes
    Fort Hays State, Tusculum, Angelo State, Augustana, Ashland, West Chester, Delta State, West Texas A&M, Midwestern State, Bentley, Henderson State, Sioux Falls, Texas-Permian Basin, Ohio Dominican, Findlay, West Alabama, California (PA), Charleston, Central Washington, Miles, Truman State, Oklahoma Baptist, Assumption, Pittsburg State, Wayne State (MI), Saginaw Valley State, Virginia Union, Chadron State, Nebraska-Kearney, Fayetteville State, West Georgia, Hillsdale, Missouri Western State, Virginia State, Western Oregon

Can't wait for the season to start!

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
      https://www.afca.com/2019-national-c...-2021-at-no-1/

1. West Florida (26)
      2. Minnesota State-Mankato (2)
      3. Ferris State
      4. Northwest Missouri State (1)
      5. Slippery Rock
      6t. Lenoir-Rhyne
      6t. Valdosta State
      8. Texas A&M-Commerce
      9. Notre Dame (OH)
      10. Colorado School of Mines
      11. Ouachita Baptist
      12. Colorado State-Pueblo
      13. Central Missouri
      14. Indianapolis
      15. Shepherd
      16. Grand Valley State
      17. Indiana (PA)
      18. Bowie State
      19. Tiffin
      20. Kutztown
      21. Lindenwood
      22. Harding
      23. Minnesota-Duluth
      24t. Carson-Newman
      24t. Wingate

Others Receiving Votes
      Fort Hays State, Tusculum, Angelo State, Augustana, Ashland, West Chester, Delta State, West Texas A&M, Midwestern State, Bentley, Henderson State, Sioux Falls, Texas-Permian Basin, Ohio Dominican, Findlay, West Alabama, California (PA), Charleston, Central Washington, Miles, Truman State, Oklahoma Baptist, Assumption, Pittsburg State, Wayne State (MI), Saginaw Valley State, Virginia Union, Chadron State, Nebraska-Kearney, Fayetteville State, West Georgia, Hillsdale, Missouri Western State, Virginia State, Western Oregon
      Lots of schools receiving votes and sounds like the polls largely reflect of how teams finished in 2019.

Comment

Good to see Shepherd at #15, from West "by God" Virginia baby!

Comment

MSU lofty preseason rankings are warranted as they have been knocking at the door of a NC for years now. I wouldn't be surprised to see the purple bovines hoist the trophy this season.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
            MSU lofty preseason rankings are warranted as they have been knocking at the door of a NC for years now. I wouldn't be surprised to see the purple bovines hoist the trophy this season.

Comment

As I've said on another thread, I fully expect D2 football to be down across the board this year. Not playing a real game for 20 months is definitely going to be detrimental to everyone. I also wouldn't be surprised if we see an uptick in injuries from bodies that have lost conditioning against impacts.

Comment

Dragons have a tough three week period on their schedule, Sept. 18 vs Augustana, then Upper Iowa, followed by Minnesota Duluth on Oct. 2. Going to have to capitalize during the rest of the games and hope for the best against the powerhouses to produce a strong season.

Comment

The Vikings return most seniors from their 2019 playoff team and a senior QB, I am hopeful for another post season game. On the negative side Augie is saddled with a particulary hard schedule with six road games, including visits to BSU, MSU, UMD and our rivals USF. Augustana last beat MSU ten seasons ago and I expect that trend not to change. Vikings losing streak against UMD is even longer, but some of those losses were agonizingly close, also we do not play them every season. I'ts the time of year when hope springs eternal for football fans, unfortunately most will be disappointed.

Comment

The Vikings return most seniors from their 2019 playoff team and a senior QB, I am hopeful for another post season game. On the negative side Augie is saddled with a particulary hard schedule with six road games, including visits to BSU, MSU, UMD and our rivals USF. Augustana last beat MSU ten seasons ago and I expect that trend not to change. Vikings losing streak against UMD is even longer, but some of those losses were agonizingly close, also we do not play them every season. I'ts the time of year when hope springs eternal for football fans, unfortunately most will be disappointed.
                    Will this be the year the QB has more hot times than cold and be hot when it matters? If so, they can beat anyone. The defense carried the team last year and returns an all-NSIC tackle, all-NSIC safety, and 2019 leading tackler MLB. They will be fun to watch again. Praying the offense figures it out and it's not all on QB, coaches need to get the play in quicker and be less predictable.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BIGvikingFan View Post

Will this be the year the QB has more hot times than cold and be hot when it matters? If so, they can beat anyone. The defense carried the team last year and returns an all-NSIC tackle, all-NSIC safety, and 2019 leading tackler MLB. They will be fun to watch again. Praying the offense figures it out and it's not all on QB, coaches need to get the play in quicker and be less predictable.
                        Head coach Olszewski will have a short leash on our senior QB. Everybody is hopeful he will have an excellent season against ALL competition. Augustana on paper appears to be strong on all other position groups, especially on defense. What a joy to have DT Logan "Swansauce" Swanson back for a 5th season, who we pilfered out of Mankato, despite an offer from the hometown team. The Vikings will have to win 5/6 road games and all 5 homes games to be playoff eligible, that's a tall task.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X