Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witt 2021 NSIC Preview..

....will drop today.

Was busy working on the Top 25 Preview show stuff but got this wrapped up and in the process of publishing today.

Woohoo! A Witt sighting on the forum! NSIC football is back, baby!

Comment

Like the swallows returning to Capistrano in spring, Witt's preview is a sign that fall is here.

Comment

The MAN is back...Wohoo!!!

Comment

HAHA....I've never left. Just didn't feel compelled to post in a while.

Here is the column, if you live in the cave of the forum and don't find the main page often..ha

https://www.d2football.com/nsic-preview-2021/

....also got game picks in there too.

Comment

You didn't pick my team to win! I'll never talk to you again!

Oh wait- you did pick my team. I guess I'll talk to you after all- at least for another week.

Seriously, thanks for the work that you put in on this.

Comment

Awesome job, Witt.

Comment

Outstanding read on teams. Thank you Matt.

Comment

As always, I appreciate the coverage Witt. I can think of one fan base (and one poster in particular) that may not be as appreciative of this particular season outlook. Can't wait for the season to kickoff. Happy game day to all (except Augie and Minot).

Last edited by Matt Witwicki; 09-02-2021, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Thunder....agree with your take.

Accidently almost editing your post....stupid admin powers!

I understand that plenty of people won't like to hear my take..as it's fairly shrewd, but someone has to win the games and someone has to lose them. I'm not considered with if my picks make Dinger made, either..haha.

Comment

Witt is just too powerful and he must be stopped!!! I think you've proven to have a pretty good handle on NSIC football. And I'm pretty sure Dinger expects NSU to win every game in every sport! I would be quite pleased if your 6-5 prediction came to fruition for this season. It's a very reasonable prediction, but as I've said elsewhere that means the Wolves probably need to beat CSP and Moorhead on the road. That is doable, and will be the expectation going forward with the Northern program, but this year could still prove to be a tough task. Beating one of Bemidji, Winona, USF, or Duluth would also be a good harbinger of things to come for the program.

Comment

nice job Matt. Always enjoy it

Comment

Sad Dragon noises. I could see 4-7, but really hoping we get the bounces to go 6-5 at least and get a winning record again.

Comment

Dragon....MSUM has always been one of the hardest teams to call. There have been times when I felt they were loaded up and ready for 8-3 and they had a popcorn fart and went 4-7. Other times I think Steve is rebuilding and they are over .500.

During the Jack Nelson years I strugged with Winona in that same way....as they could be a team that could beat Kato or a team that lost to SMSU.

This year I had thoughts that CSP could be better than I've ranked them, but they are unproven at QB. I think Augie could win the league, but they need Kyle Saddler to play his best season yet. Nearly all the top teams have some level of question mark at QB....and it'll be interesting to see if Todd Hoffner plays a QB2 a portion of the game, like so many years past. I think some, but I think he takes his foot off the gas pedal with regard to that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                              Dragon....MSUM has always been one of the hardest teams to call. There have been times when I felt they were loaded up and ready for 8-3 and they had a popcorn fart and went 4-7. Other times I think Steve is rebuilding and they are over .500.

During the Jack Nelson years I strugged with Winona in that same way....as they could be a team that could beat Kato or a team that lost to SMSU.

This year I had thoughts that CSP could be better than I've ranked them, but they are unproven at QB. I think Augie could win the league, but they need Kyle Saddler to play his best season yet. Nearly all the top teams have some level of question mark at QB....and it'll be interesting to see if Todd Hoffner plays a QB2 a portion of the game, like so many years past. I think some, but I think he takes his foot off the gas pedal with regard to that idea.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X