Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

Shredded cheddar cheese and mini saltines are my go to. I usually make a batch of corn bread muffins to go with them.
    That used to be the noon meal at Buffalo Lake HS. Chili, grilled cheese sandwiches, corn bread with maple syrup for dessert.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

That used to be the noon meal at Buffalo Lake HS. Chili, grilled cheese sandwiches, corn bread with maple syrup for dessert.
      Maple Syrup on the muffins? Sounds good, i usually melt butter and mix it with honey and spread it on.

Comment

Maple Syrup on the muffins? Sounds good, i usually melt butter and mix it with honey and spread it on.

IMO even better!

Comment

Never was a huge chili fan until a couple years ago. Now i make it every 5 or 6 weeks come fall - winter. Make it with the Insta Pot, comes out a lot thicker that with the crock pot.
          Oooh... post the recipe please. I like chili. Haven't tried making it in the insta-pot before.

Comment

This thread is extremely Midwest. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
              This thread is extremely Midwest. Haha
              Ya, ya know!

Comment

Ya, ya know!

Comment

Where is the scalloped potatoes and ham with orange jello for dessert?

Comment

Where is the scalloped potatoes and ham with orange jello for dessert?
                    Did you check the church basement yet?

Comment

Did you check the church basement yet?
                      Side story. I'm from Buffalo Lake, graduated and later coached there and was teaching at Nicollet, an hour away. Our softball team was playing- varsity in BL and junior high in Hector. The head coach was from Nicollet but his dad was from Hector. I called the local restaurant to see if they could handle that many kids- they said no. So I called the Methodist church in BL to see if the ladies who serve for funerals could do something and we would pay for it. The pastor said absolutely not, you will not pay for it and come on in to the church basement! One of my former BL football players lived next to the church- he grilled hot dogs and burgers- I brought the pop. Someone else brought paper plates and cleaned up afterwards. We had about three dozen people to feed- it all went great.

Comment

Side story. I'm from Buffalo Lake, graduated and later coached there and was teaching at Nicollet, an hour away. Our softball team was playing- varsity in BL and junior high in Hector. The head coach was from Nicollet but his dad was from Hector. I called the local restaurant to see if they could handle that many kids- they said no. So I called the Methodist church in BL to see if the ladies who serve for funerals could do something and we would pay for it. The pastor said absolutely not, you will not pay for it and come on in to the church basement! One of my former BL football players lived next to the church- he grilled hot dogs and burgers- I brought the pop. Someone else brought paper plates and cleaned up afterwards. We had about three dozen people to feed- it all went great.
                        Straight outta the book. :)

Speaking of, when does yours drop??

Comment

Straight outta the book. :)

Speaking of, when does yours drop??
                          My brother Al wrote a book called Mars Gets New Chariots about armored trains in the Civil War. Look me up at a Mav basketball game and I'll give you a copy. He is working on his second (and third) books now but those will be electronic..

I wrote an article for Winning Hoops magazine back in 1992 called "Nicollet's Purdue Play". Got a hundred dollars for it.

My book "The Life of Laker" would probably be included with the shortest books of all time- like The Book of Irish Etiquette and Modern Italian Naval Victories.

Comment

My brother Al wrote a book called Mars Gets New Chariots about armored trains in the Civil War. Look me up at a Mav basketball game and I'll give you a copy. He is working on his second (and third) books now but those will be electronic..

I wrote an article for Winning Hoops magazine back in 1992 called "Nicollet's Purdue Play". Got a hundred dollars for it.

My book "The Life of Laker" would probably be included with the shortest books of all time- like The Book of Irish Etiquette and Modern Italian Naval Victories.

Comment

Include pictures of your hats and give each of their own chapter. That oughta get you to what, 300 pages?? And then the hat pictures...
                              That is an idea. I'll make this longer than War and Peace!

Comment

Back home the local Grange would sponsor fundraisers featurin' Chili Cook-Offs and Dances. I never attended cuz my system questioned eatin' chili and then dancin' all night. BTW, I make chili with stew beef and top mine with extra dashes of chili and cayenne pepper.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X