Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laker View Post
    Former Mav Chris Reed signs with the Vikings.

Former Minnesota State teammates reunite with Vikings (keyc.com)
    Great signing, should be a noticeable upgrade over what they had last season.

Comment

Former Mav Chris Reed signs with the Vikings.

Former Minnesota State teammates reunite with Vikings (keyc.com)
      This Reed kid. That's fun. Have to say having a CJ Ham/Adam Thielen/Chris Reed NSIC lovefest is what the doctor ordered. So, so cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin44 View Post

This Reed kid. That's fun. Have to say having a CJ Ham/Adam Thielen/Chris Reed NSIC lovefest is what the doctor ordered. So, so cool.
        Aside from the NSICers locked up by other teams (Olszewski, Pipkins, Gardeck, Garrett), the Vikings have now signed every NSIC player that's played in the NFL regular season since the Thielen-led boom started. To my knowledge, Reed was the only one missing.

I don't think that's a coincidence either. Leonhardt, Moore, the Zylstras, Thielen, Ham... probably more I'm forgetting. I loathe the Vikings, but I'm happy they support our players as best as they can.

Chris actually wrote me a letter during the pandemic. I have to read it yet, he answered a bunch of questions I asked him about his career. Very few current athletes have that kind of time, so it's definitely a special thing that I'm very thankful for. He was also on the O-Line for my first ever college football game - SMSU/MSU in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
          I have to read it yet, he answered a bunch of questions I asked him about his career.
          You should have read it! He sent me one too. He told me that he was a Nigerian prince, and if I sent him my bank account number he would make me rich beyond my wildest dreams.

I did and now they call me Croesus. Jeff Bezos licks my boots, and Bill Gates polishes them.

Comment

You should have read it! He sent me one too. He told me that he was a Nigerian prince, and if I sent him my bank account number he would make me rich beyond my wildest dreams.

I did and now they call me Croesus. Jeff Bezos licks my boots, and Bill Gates polishes them.
            Weird, I took a look at it and he wanted to tell me about my car's extended warranty. Quite the renaissance man!

When COVID shut everything down, I tried reaching out to every NSICer in the NFL by snail mail - just to see what would happen. His was the best response, I intended to read it and then set it down - then moved. Such is life, I'll maybe grab it this week when I'm back in town and see what he had to say!

Comment

Originally posted by daboywonder2002 View Post

I'm def happy. it's just that I see the potential to be great and I hate that he's not getting a chance to show it. You're right about weak competition. But I've heard the same thing about Arch Manning. That he doesn't play against top notch comp yet he's still getting top offers. Also I think it's gonna be harder in college to play receiver because you're going against better secondary. I just don't get how you can recruit Camden Dean as a quarterback but not Drew. Camden has 32/60 for 53% passing 9 tds 1 int. Rushing- 16 tds. Drew's numbers are better across the board in every way. To me, if you can't complete at least 60% of your passes, then we have a problem.
              Dean also played for the undefeated championship team in the biggest class in the state. If Dean played at Blooming Prairie his numbers would have been probably better than the other guys stats there. The difference between those two teams and their talent level is quite a bit

Comment

Not football related, but I thought this article was pretty neat.

Minnesota State University, Mankato - The Return of Edward the First (mnsu.edu)

Comment

Not football related, but I thought this article was pretty neat.

Minnesota State University, Mankato - The Return of Edward the First (mnsu.edu)
                  Great story. I remember running up the hill by Searing when Warren Street was closed during the winter months because it was so steep. Nice of the guy who bought it to bring it back.

Comment

Great story. I remember running up the hill by Searing when Warren Street was closed during the winter months because it was so steep. Nice of the guy who bought it to bring it back.
                    I didn't realize those apartments were apart of campus once. It's kind of cool that the Tar Heels took this on as a research project too. Would be cool to know what methodology they used to figure this out and what they uncovered along the way.

Definitely nice of the guy to bring it back. Hopefully it gets a nice public display on campus.

Comment

I didn't realize those apartments were apart of campus once. It's kind of cool that the Tar Heels took this on as a research project too. Would be cool to know what methodology they used to figure this out and what they uncovered along the way.

Definitely nice of the guy to bring it back. Hopefully it gets a nice public display on campus.
                      I had some PE classes on lower campus- that building reminded me of a WW2 Japanese battleship. The Valley Gym had a great floor- much easier on your knees than Otto Arena. Also Econ in an incredibly old building. They were in the process of moving everything to Upper Campus. You weren't supposed to schedule back to back classes on Upper and Lower but if you hustled you could make the bus trip.

Comment

I had some PE classes on lower campus- that building reminded me of a WW2 Japanese battleship. The Valley Gym had a great floor- much easier on your knees than Otto Arena. Also Econ in an incredibly old building. They were in the process of moving everything to Upper Campus. You weren't supposed to schedule back to back classes on Upper and Lower but if you hustled you could make the bus trip.
                        Ha, when I was in college someone told me the same thing, though I believe he described it as a cruise ship. I was at work one day and struck up a convo with an MSU alum. He also said he took PE from C.P. Blakeslee. Must have been towards the end of his tenure. One of the conversations that stands out from my time as a paint salesman.

I get MSU's move up the hill, but I kinda wish they would have retained Old Main and used that for something. It's probably my favorite building in town, and it overlooks downtown nicely. Still has the original marker in front though - State Teacher's College, 1868 I believe it says. It's the one bummer about MSU, they are a fairly old college but it's not reflected in their campus. I love walking around SDSU and checking out the old buildings and markers that are everywhere, can't as easily do the same in Mankato.

Comment

Came across this mini-article about Shane Zylstra - sounds like he's getting a little attention this offseason.

Lions' Shane Zylstra: Moving around well at minicamp - CBSSports.com

Comment

This is interesting - 252 Mavericks signed NIL deals last year, including 26 football players.

252 Minnesota State athletes signed NIL deals in first year (keyc.com)

Curiously not listed in Men's Hockey, I wonder if they barred themselves from doing so to focus on the season.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Not football related - but Nick Altermatt was just drafted by the Chicago White Sox. He's a pitcher for the Mavs.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X