Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daboywonder2002 View Post

Tyler Johnson was a freakish athlete so i could see the change to play WR. Drew to me doesn't have that type of athleticism. Even a guy like Julian Edelman who made the switch had some experience playing special teams so he could at least catch the ball. Just because you're tall and long doesn't mean you can play receiver. That's like asking Josh Allen or Herbert to play receiver.

Comment

This was when Tyler was in high school. Gophers coaches put him at receiver because he had the speed and athleticism to do it. My thing is it's easier to take a guy with speed, footwork and athleticism and have him change positions compared to taking a guy with just size and length.

Comment

I'm def happy. it's just that I see the potential to be great and I hate that he's not getting a chance to show it. You're right about weak competition. But I've heard the same thing about Arch Manning. That he doesn't play against top notch comp yet he's still getting top offers. Also I think it's gonna be harder in college to play receiver because you're going against better secondary. I just don't get how you can recruit Camden Dean as a quarterback but not Drew. Camden has 32/60 for 53% passing 9 tds 1 int. Rushing- 16 tds. Drew's numbers are better across the board in every way. To me, if you can't complete at least 60% of your passes, then we have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by daboywonder2002 View Post

I'm def happy. it's just that I see the potential to be great and I hate that he's not getting a chance to show it. You're right about weak competition. But I've heard the same thing about Arch Manning. That he doesn't play against top notch comp yet he's still getting top offers. Also I think it's gonna be harder in college to play receiver because you're going against better secondary. I just don't get how you can recruit Camden Dean as a quarterback but not Drew. Camden has 32/60 for 53% passing 9 tds 1 int. Rushing- 16 tds. Drew's numbers are better across the board in every way. To me, if you can't complete at least 60% of your passes, then we have a problem.
          Last edited by Purple Mav Man; 02-19-2022, 02:45 PM.

Comment

What i mean is that athleticism from the QB position is totallly different than athleticism from the WR position? Just because you can move out the pocket and scramble a few yards and even get a few rushing tds doesn't mean you can play WR.

Comment

Prosser gone??? To Wayne State???

Comment

Originally posted by Barndog View Post
                Prosser gone??? To Wayne State???
                Yes, just saw it on Twitter. He will be the OC there. Closer to home.

The next question is- who will be the next OC for the Mavs?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Immediately makes you wonder if they eye-up former MSU QB Ryan Schlicte as he's moving up in the ranks quickly..having just been promoted to OC at Northern when their OC departed. One would think an uptick in $$ (guess on my behalf)..and he was raised in Mankato..playing his HS ball there and such. He would already know the offense Hoffner wants to run..and as a QB, probably knows it in a way that he could easily teach it.

Considering the Mavs have been a top 5 kinda team for the better part of the last 5-10 years, this is a pretty big coordinator hire in the D2 world. That said, this will be the 3rd coordinator for the Mavs in 3 seasons due to departures..which never makes things super easy on the offensive side. Does a guy like a Wesley Beschorner, head coach of the UW-Eau Claire (D3), come up on the radar....or maybe a someone on staff at USD..as Todd has been connected to USD from his past..like a Donte Warren..or maybe even recent Jacks hire and former NW College Josh Davis. Some guys have surely taken jobs without knowing the Kato OC job would come open.

I'm not sure if the guys on-staff have been on the cusp of being an OC just yet..but I also haven't dug deep into the staff.

Mavs fans....what are your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Immediately makes you wonder if they eye-up former MSU QB Ryan Schlicte as he's moving up in the ranks quickly..having just been promoted to OC at Northern when their OC departed. One would think an uptick in $$ (guess on my behalf)..and he was raised in Mankato..playing his HS ball there and such. He would already know the offense Hoffner wants to run..and as a QB, probably knows it in a way that he could easily teach it.

Considering the Mavs have been a top 5 kinda team for the better part of the last 5-10 years, this is a pretty big coordinator hire in the D2 world. That said, this will be the 3rd coordinator for the Mavs in 3 seasons due to departures..which never makes things super easy on the offensive side. Does a guy like a Wesley Beschorner, head coach of the UW-Eau Claire (D3), come up on the radar....or maybe a someone on staff at USD..as Todd has been connected to USD from his past..like a Donte Warren..or maybe even recent Jacks hire and former NW College Josh Davis. Some guys have surely taken jobs without knowing the Kato OC job would come open.

I'm not sure if the guys on-staff have been on the cusp of being an OC just yet..but I also haven't dug deep into the staff.

probably

Comment

I'm all in on Schlicte for many reasons.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
                              Cory Sauter

Comment

Former Mav Chris Reed signs with the Vikings.

Former Minnesota State teammates reunite with Vikings (keyc.com)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X