X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    https://goaugie.com/news/2023/2/9/fo...ordinator.aspx

Comes from the USD staff....WR Coach last year....has a decent amount of experience as an OC from the NAIA-Eastern Oregon out in the Frontier conference with the Montana teams like Carroll, etc.

Leave a comment:

• AU guy
    replied
    I have heard the OC has accepted the position and will be announced soon. Previously a position coach at a local university with prior OC experience.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by WPHB View Post

If they are telling you they are close to wrapping it up, seems like OJ has his guy then. I guess if you aren't going to change the offense much, no need to rush the decision, just gotta have someone in place by Spring Ball.

I agree on the O-Line improvement. I think that may be the position group that shows the most improvement year over year. Lots of experience in the skill positions and lots of depth. I know Coach Sipp takes a lot of heat (right or wrong) on the board for the DLine rotations, but I hope those reps will help us reload instead of rebuilding the DLine. Think it is time to start an Augie 2023 thread!
    Coach Sipple is right in rotating the D-line as he does. Vikings lose 3 seniors in Diepenbrock, Henrich and Kemp who I believe were all starters, meaning there is much experience returning. Defense will be solid if not exceptional, replacing Eli Weber will be difficult as he was an exceptional safety. Offense has some question marks, with the injuries to 2 running backs in Epperson and Johnson las season, they will both be back and strong. Offensive line will be solid QB starter will be an interesting competition with Scholten, Hensley and Bauman if he returns. Bauman was showing promise at end of year despite a nagging shoulder injury. Super recruit Mack Molander could be in the mix. WR returns plenty of talent. Coach OJ said about his recruiting class there are some recruits that will fill immediate needs. Going to be another exciting year.

Leave a comment:

• WPHB
    replied
    Originally posted by AU guy View Post

I asked about it again and I was told they are getting close to wrapping it up. But nothing concrete yet. I would have thought it would have been done a month or so ago.
    If they are telling you they are close to wrapping it up, seems like OJ has his guy then. I guess if you aren't going to change the offense much, no need to rush the decision, just gotta have someone in place by Spring Ball.

I agree on the O-Line improvement. I think that may be the position group that shows the most improvement year over year. Lots of experience in the skill positions and lots of depth. I know Coach Sipp takes a lot of heat (right or wrong) on the board for the DLine rotations, but I hope those reps will help us reload instead of rebuilding the DLine. Think it is time to start an Augie 2023 thread!

Leave a comment:

• AU guy
    replied
    Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

Augie find an OC?
    I asked about it again and I was told they are getting close to wrapping it up. But nothing concrete yet. I would have thought it would have been done a month or so ago.

Leave a comment:

• Otis Day
    replied
    I had heard Augie is close to announcing the new OC, possibly by the weekend.
    Augie find an OC?

Leave a comment:

• AU guy
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    We've got to stay healthy this year to be able to compete. The last half of the season could be brutal! They could all be against potential playoff teams!

I think the o-line could be great if they're healthy even with a new starter at left tackle, don't know if people realize how beat up our o-line was last year. Need consistent QB play and if Epperson is out there at RB he's a game changer! We have the best receiving TE in the league and some big young athletic WR! I know we have three big time players to replace on defense but our defense was pretty good last year except for a couple of games but we played a ton of kids last year so we have experience! I'm just saying we could have a special year if everything goes right!

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Augustana officially announces it's schedule.

2023 Augustana Football Schedule Revealed - Augustana University Athletics (goaugie.com)

Leave a comment:

• WPHB
    replied
    That's great news. Hope it holds. Would be good timing with the end of J Term, can start getting those kids going on the system and familiar with new OC's style of play.

Leave a comment:

• AU guy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    Originally posted by WPHB View Post
    I guess I should start a new thread seeing how it is 2023, but has anyone heard anything heard how the hunt for the new O-Coordinator is going?
    I am a bit surprised that nothing has come across my radar (or here) about that..but I'm wondering if the AFCA convention (this week) brings some activity with that.

Leave a comment:

• WPHB
    replied
    I guess I should start a new thread seeing how it is 2023, but has anyone heard anything heard how the hunt for the new O-Coordinator is going?

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    At halftime of the USF men's basketball game, Jeff Fylling interviewed coach OJ. The subject of James Schrenk abrupt departure was never broached, most discussion was about recruiting. OJ is justifiably proud of Augie's high retention rate of recruits. He acknowledged the effect the transfer portal has had on college football, bringing up the DL guy from NSU, don't look for many transfers at AU as their philosophy is developing young freshmen. He claims they have half of his 2023 class done.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Originally posted by AU Vikings View Post
    Matt Zimmer is reporting that Augie has parted ways with James Schrenk.

https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...oKH532wBQ&s=19
    This will be a good thing for Augie. The offense was brutal to watch at times this season.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by USFIllini View Post
    He got erased quick. Hey there are some jobs across the street if he’s interested.
    That may be the reason he was sacked or quit.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X