Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 2 Podcast/Preview

https://www.d2football.com/nsic-week-two-preview-2022/

I had a chance on the long weekend to watch every game. This wont be the norm, but I was also anxious to see what teams would look like after player turnover, portal activity and such. In future episodes we will also start doing a Top 5 list of NSIC things....but that'll start next week. Detailed game breakdowns this week since I had the time to see all of em. Some of you won't like what I gots to say..but I'm gonna be honest..

Thanks.

Excellent and informative podcast. I learned much more about each team in the league.

Comment

Great job again. And yes, I am part of the "elderly" demographic. That just means I'm smart enough to listen...............

Comment

Happy to bring your average listener age down Witt
        4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
        2016 NSIC Champions
        🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
          Thanks my guy..VKF and Laker are tipping things Tom's way a bit.

Next week.....top 5 football venues in the NSIC....yup..

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
            Ditto.

Comment

enjoyable as always

Comment

Love the podcast, thanks for all the info

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Thanks my guy..VKF and Laker are tipping things Tom's way a bit.

Next week.....top 5 football venues in the NSIC....yup..
                  I'm not that old. I was using a quill instead of charcoal when I wrote on cave walls.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I'm not that old. I was using a quill instead of charcoal when I wrote on cave walls.
                    I'm a young man as I acknowledge the Texas instruments calculator, (not like my folks could afford one) along with the microwave oven are the two greatest inventions of my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

I'm a young man as I acknowledge the Texas instruments calculator, (not like my folks could afford one) along with the microwave oven are the two greatest inventions of my lifetime.
                      I'm far younger than you two, however...

We had a microwave (built in) go out in our house and I just went without a microwave and warmed things on the stove for almost three years. Dishwasher started not working/leaking back in early spring. Old house requires the entire counter to come off to and fix it. I've been happily washing dishes by hand ever since.

The older generation had a better way of life and I'm happy to have been raised by it.

In my 30s, physically in my 50s, mentally in my 80s, haha

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I'm far younger than you two, however...

We had a microwave (built in) go out in our house and I just went without a microwave and warmed things on the stove for almost three years. Dishwasher started not working/leaking back in early spring. Old house requires the entire counter to come off to and fix it. I've been happily washing dishes by hand ever since.

The older generation had a better way of life and I'm happy to have been raised by it.

In my 30s, physically in my 50s, mentally in my 80s, haha
                        We had a microwave when I was in HS. My sister was in college and had a job demonstrating them (home ec. major) so she got a great deal on one. Nice for when you were busy farming.

My dishwashing has always been by hand. '

It has been many years since I sent a written letter. The internet and email have completely changed how we communicate.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

We had a microwave when I was in HS. My sister was in college and had a job demonstrating them (home ec. major) so she got a great deal on one. Nice for when you were busy farming.

My dishwashing has always been by hand. '

It has been many years since I sent a written letter. The internet and email have completely changed how we communicate.
                          This got me thinking about how I grew up. I am firmly Gen X, but when I was younger my family didn't have many of the things my friend's did.

I remember when our black and white TV broke and we got a color TV. No remote controls while I was at home.
                          Didn't have cable.
                          Didn't have a microwave.
                          Didn't have touch-tone phones.
                          Didn't have air conditioning until my dad remodeled the house when I was 12.
                          During the remodel my mom put her foot down and got a dishwasher as well.
                          Didn't have a snowblower.
                          For a good portion of my youth we didn't even have our own lawn mower. My dad made an agreement with the neighbor that if we could use their mower and provided the oil and gas, we would also mow their lawn in addition to ours. The "we" in this case was usually me.

We often pine for the "good old days" but the truth is modern technology has made a lot of things way better.

BTW Witt, great job on this week's podcast!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X