Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mineral Water Bowl

I've been looking for this but finally found something. Noon, Saturday December 3rd.

Mineral Water Bowl • Excelsior Springs, MO Tourism (visitexcelsior.com)

Originally posted by laker View Post
    I've been looking for this but finally found something. Noon, Saturday December 3rd.

Mineral Water Bowl • Excelsior Springs, MO Tourism (visitexcelsior.com)
    Best post of the season
    Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 10-19-2022, 07:25 AM.

Comment

For those of us new...Mineral Water Bowl? Looks to have a tie-in with the MIAA, is that an auto-bid, and does NSIC have an auto-bid? Sorry for the stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by WPHB View Post
        For those of us new...Mineral Water Bowl? Looks to have a tie-in with the MIAA, is that an auto-bid, and does NSIC have an auto-bid? Sorry for the stupid question.
        Not a stupid question!

The Mineral Water Bowl is a postseason bowl game - the top team in the NSIC to not make the playoffs gets the nod vs. an at-large team. It used to be vs. the MIAA, but they pulled out some years back. It can be a pretty important milestone for up-and-coming programs, and one of only a few D2 bowl games.

Comment

It started as a match between high school teams but has been played by colleges since 1954. It's been a DII game since 2000. Winona State has the most appearances for the NSIC at four with a 2-2 record. Missouri Western has the most appearances overall at 6 with a 4-2 record. There are a couple other bowl games at the DII level, the Texarkana Bowl and the Heritage Bowl.

Comment

awesome it is back. Had an amazing time for 4 days in Excelsior Springs and KC in 2013.

If your team is invited, take it in. The Elms is an awesome hotel too. Harry Truman stayed there on election night 1948. also haunted. just a neat old place.

Excelsior Springs is also a neat old town.

Comment

I say open it up to any college scholarship program willing to play. Where are Morningside and Grand Valley at?

Comment

Originally posted by tman28 View Post
                I say open it up to any college scholarship program willing to play. Where are Morningside and Grand Valley at?
                Well, Morningside is usually busy winning NAIA national championships, so I wouldn't plan on them. And Grand Valley is ranked #1 nationally in D2 so they probably wouldn't turn down a first round bye in the playoffs to go.

Comment

Likely is the location for us at this point. D3 started a bowl last season with the WIAC as the main host. It's a shame that they are D3 and not D2 or I would love a bowl between our 2 conferences

Comment

I've always liked the MWB but really wish it wasn't played literally at the same day/time as the playoff games..as it gets forgotten about unless your literally attending the game. I wish it was on a Friday or Sat night....when the playoffs aren't playing = those games are played at 1pm local time.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Well, Morningside is usually busy winning NAIA national championships, so I wouldn't plan on them. And Grand Valley is ranked #1 nationally in D2 so they probably wouldn't turn down a first round bye in the playoffs to go.
                      Very true. Didnt even take into account NAIA playoffs. I was originally gonna say Dakota state ir Wesleyan. But that was laughable enough!

Comment

Originally posted by tman28 View Post

Very true. Didnt even take into account NAIA playoffs. I was originally gonna say Dakota state ir Wesleyan. But that was laughable enough!
                        Dakota State lost to Presentation (Go Saints) this year...they certainly aren't going anywhere, any time soon

Comment

Just spoke with Roger Siegel who runs this game....while they had the best of intentions going forward to get this back on track..they just aren't getting the needed sponsors and such to get this back going. Essentially, COVID killed this bowl game..per Roger.

It's too bad..as it was a nice reward for teams that had a fine season (especially upstart squads) but didn't make the dance. Thanks for the years of work you put into this Roger and crew.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                            Just spoke with Roger Siegel who runs this game....while they had the best of intentions going forward to get this back on track..they just aren't getting the needed sponsors and such to get this back going. Essentially, COVID killed this bowl game..per Roger.

It's too bad..as it was a nice reward for teams that had a fine season (especially upstart squads) but didn't make the dance. Thanks for the years of work you put into this Roger and crew.
                            That's unfortunate. This bowl game was one to look forward too. Dang.

Comment

Very unfortunate. Meant a lot when the Dragons went, even though they lost. Any post season play is a positive in my book.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X