In reading the conference scheduling threads (even the GLVC board has shown some life), it is becoming increasing clear that in my opinion the NSIC will need to add another institution. With that in mind what is the wish list for the NSIC ADs and fans. I don't know how realistic any of these are but here are my thoughts. I know this is a topic that has been brought up before, but in the cold miserable winter I wanted something else to talk about. None of these options are perfect, but they are the best options available. There is one other option too that I will address last.

1. Morningside (NAIA) - The best possible option is obvious. They are a former NCC member and would be competitive immediately in most every sport. However, as has been mentioned they seem quite happy in the NAIA world and likely aren't interested. Can the NSIC convince them to make a jump?

2. Northwestern (NAIA) - Basically the same. Not quite as good of a fit as Morningside, but I think they would remain competitive in the NSIC.

3. NE Kearney (D2) - I don't think Kearney would have any interest in leaving the MIAA, but I think it is a phone call you have to make if the first 2 decline.

4. Any Wisconsin D3 - Send the bat signal up to Wisconsin and see if anyone responds. Again, probably not going to happen but it doesn't hurt to ask right?

5. Jamestown (NAIA) - Maybe the most likely option. The Jimmies fit well within the NSIC footprint and have decent facilities. I think they would struggle to be competitive for the most part and would probably be on the same level as Mary and Minot.

6. St. John's (D3) - This one has been mentioned before and would require St. Benedict to join for women's sports. Again, probably not realistic but we are getting desperate at this point. Football-wise this would be a good fit, I'm not so sure with everything else.

7. Dordt (NAIA) - They are mostly competitive in the GPAC and like I said we are getting desperate.

8. Grand View (NAIA) - I believe Witt has mentioned this one before, and they seem to have built a pretty decent football program. I think they would struggle overall, and this is quite a haul for the northwestern front of the NSIC.

9. Dakota St (NAIA) - They are building facilities that would fit right in with most of the NSIC. I still think the Trojans would struggle to be competitive but we need someone.

10. Literally any other GPAC school (NAIA) - Dakota Weslyan is probably the next choice but at this point the NSIC probably takes anyone.

This brings me to the nuclear option. Augie has made clear they intend to move to D1. Nobody knows for sure when that is going to happen. If the NSIC adds another institution and Augie is soon after able to make the jump then the NSIC will be back in the same boat it currently finds itself, except it will be worse with even fewer options available. If the NSIC believes Augie will be able to fully make the jump to D1 in the near term then they should help expedite that process and ask them to leave (St. Thomas them if you will). To be clear I don't care for this option, and if Augie is going to be in the NSIC long-term I think that is a good thing for the conference. However, the uncertainty needs to be eliminated from the equation.