Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Kinda hard to call this a loss when Ben would've been fighting for ball-share with both Dakota and Ingram returning..who were the dudes with the Wolves. Can't blame a guy there. To his credit, he went to a passing factory when he made his move as well.
    I think Ben could have easily been on the field with Larson and Ingram and gotten plenty of balls. Plus he would be the MAN next year.

Comment

• Is NSU the most snake bitten team from the transfer portal every season? I guess it comes with the territory when a fair number of your contributors have come from the portal, but it seems like every year since the portal has been what it is my twitter timeline is flooded with Wolves announcing they are on the move.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakotaDragon View Post
        Is NSU the most snake bitten team from the transfer portal every season? I guess it comes with the territory when a fair number of your contributors have come from the portal, but it seems like every year since the portal has been what it is my twitter timeline is flooded with Wolves announcing they are on the move.
        Yep. I think early on it made more sense. New staff. Getting their guys so to speak. But going into Schmidt’s 5th year and it’s still happening is a problem in my book. His contract is up after this year from what I understand so I think this year is make or break for him. Got to got at least 7-4.

Comment

• Originally posted by TJE_ View Post

Yep. I think early on it made more sense. New staff. Getting their guys so to speak. But going into Schmidt’s 5th year and it’s still happening is a problem in my book. His contract is up after this year from what I understand so I think this year is make or break for him. Got to got at least 7-4.
          Where do you hear this from? The only people in the SD BOR that have multi-year contracts are Bob Nielson and Stig (probably Rogers now).

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'd be extremely surprised if Schmidt found his way into a multi-year contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by FullThrottleSD View Post

Where do you hear this from? The only people in the SD BOR that have multi-year contracts are Bob Nielson and Stig (probably Rogers now).

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'd be extremely surprised if Schmidt found his way into a multi-year contract.
            A few football parents mentioned it at a tailgate. Could be wrong but I do believe he has a multi year contract. All the assistants are on one year contracts I believe.

Comment

• I don’t know how each school or state works, but I would be surprised if many HC are working on 1 year deals. Assistants, yes

Comment

A few football parents mentioned it at a tailgate. Could be wrong but I do believe he has a multi year contract. All the assistants are on one year contracts I believe.
                That kind of cracks me up. A few parents mention it so must be correct. Can confirm all NSU staff (football, basketball, baseball, soccer, etc) are all on 1 year contracts. Renew each year.

Comment

• Originally posted by #WolvesNation View Post

That kind of cracks me up. A few parents mention it so must be correct. Can confirm all NSU staff (football, basketball, baseball, soccer, etc) are all on 1 year contracts. Renew each year.
                  I am assuming it is correct because it make logical sense for a head coach to have a multi year deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeFBGuy View Post
                    I don’t know how each school or state works, but I would be surprised if many HC are working on 1 year deals. Assistants, yes
                    See above- are you surprised...

Comment

Here is another one

South Dakota State Coach Eric Henderson Signs Five-Year Contract: Salary, Buyout, Incentives

Comment

• Another player on the defensive side of ball in Ismael Kante entered the portal today. Young player with a lot of potential.

Comment

Here is another one

South Dakota State Coach Eric Henderson Signs Five-Year Contract: Salary, Buyout, Incentives
                          As far as I know for state schools in South Dakota only SDSU and USD have given out multi year contracts. And it wasn’t all that long ago even they had to do 1 year contracts as it was driven by the state. But in order to attract or retain coaches at the D1 they allowed those 2 schools to offer the multi year contracts

Comment

• Will Berry in the portal. Another dline guy that played.

Schmidt has got to get rid of the dline coach.

Comment

This had me chuckling throughout this thread. Lemme tell you folks this....if you follow this forum, you will know 5x more than parents at the tailgate....honestly. So much of what I hear at a tailgate is shaped but the opinions of people who want to see things done a certain way or how they were in the past, etc etc. Often times the tailgate is a fountain of misinformation.

Comment

• I’m from a coaching family…lots of years spent watching games, players and coaches. I read a ton of blogs and follow a lot of players. The transfer portal has made the league anybody’s game….meaning, you aren’t really going to know the impact of those players and “who has what” until the start of the season. Everyone at every level is losing players. Twitter is full of kids entering the portal from other teams as well. Look at UND, SMSU, and NDSU for an example. Many of them are leaving to find grad programs, get closer to family, and yes to try to find greener grass.
                                Witt has been pretty calm and honest in his dialogue on this feed. Where’s the positivity towards the players who you have gotten in the portal? What about the players who stayed? What have the coaches done right? What have the players done right? Listening to the half time show, a lot of the players have expressed positivity towards the program and Aberdeen.
                                When we say “I talked to this player”, “A parent said”, “I talked to an alum” it tends to negate the message and create gossip.
                                A lot of you have expressed dislike of Schmitt, but there was a lot of negativity towards Dosch. It’s part of that coaching job, but it shouldn’t be this constant. Schmitt has been hurt by the injuries this year, which couldn’t be predicted. Yes, there’s been some points of the season that were frustrating, embarrassing and irritating. My point is, move on, work towards a helpful solution, instead of continuing the same negativity.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X