Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Any outside factors? Big game with an in-state rival…nice day…Augie travels well typically. Surprised to read that.
    Attendance tends to drop off a bit once pheasant hunting season starts in October but today seemed way worse than usual. Weather wise it was a beautiful day. I think interest is starting to wane.

Comment

• Originally posted by TJE_ View Post

Attendance tends to drop off a bit once pheasant hunting season starts in October but today seemed way worse than usual. Weather wise it was a beautiful day. I think interest is starting to wane.
      Forgot about pheasant season in SD…

Everything else seemed perfect for a big crowd. I tuned in during the 4th quarter but the only thing you can see on the feed is the side where they stuff the visitor fans. Hard to tell anything by that.

Comment

Forgot about pheasant season in SD…

Everything else seemed perfect for a big crowd. I tuned in during the 4th quarter but the only thing you can see on the feed is the side where they stuff the visitor fans. Hard to tell anything by that.
        And Harvest. I didn't think we've ever had good attendance the last 2-3 weeks of the year.

didnt see more than a bit of the 4th but just looking at stats, Augie gave up over 400 yards to our offense with a 3rd stringer and top two rbs out? The win is all that matters for them of course, but that surprised me to out gain them

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

And Harvest. I didn't think we've ever had good attendance the last 2-3 weeks of the year.

didnt see more than a bit of the 4th but just looking at stats, Augie gave up over 400 yards to our offense with a 3rd stringer and top two rbs out? The win is all that matters for them of course, but that surprised me to out gain them
          This is why I asked about outside factors :) Sounds like there may be a few. Makes more sense now.

Late season can always be a tough draw. We all got lucky this weekend, especially compared to last.

Comment

This is why I asked about outside factors :) Sounds like there may be a few. Makes more sense now.

Late season can always be a tough draw. We all got lucky this weekend, especially compared to last.
            Pretty sure we had a similar size crowd at the last game of 2022 and it was 15 degrees with ice all over the place.

Comment

Pretty sure we had a similar size crowd at the last game of 2022 and it was 15 degrees with ice all over the place.
              Crazy. Beautiful day + playing Augie = at least 5000 typically

Not taking a shot. Just genuinely surprised.

Comment

• Wolves was stronger in box score, except for rushing and special teams.

Comment

Crazy. Beautiful day + playing Augie = at least 5000 typically

Not taking a shot. Just genuinely surprised.
                  I think had it been a better year, or more on the line, maybe attendance would have been higher. Beauty day for November. I'm in Lakers part of the state right now but would have loved to been there.

Comment

• Announced attendance of 4519, sounds like a heapin' helpin' serving of fudge to actual number.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                      Announced attendance of 4519, sounds like a heapin' helpin' serving of fudge to actual number.
                      Yeah. I’m sure that’s tickets sold. Pretty much everyone seems to use that trick 😀

Comment

Yeah. I’m sure that’s tickets sold. Pretty much everyone seems to use that trick 😀
                        Correct. I've said before how I was in Mankato for a womens basketball game against Northern. I hand counted around 95 people and the announced attendance was over 1,000. This is pretty commonplace for everyone.

I do not know if it is the case but for me, maybe it makes sense to have to announce attendance as tickets sold for revenue reports? Probably isn't the case but it would make sense to me I guess.

Comment

He also loses some every year that he shouldn’t.
                          I absolutely cannot deny that. Personally, I'd rather have the excitement of going to The Bank, knowing you can punch with anyone in the league and having a realistic shot at beating a Mankato..instead of the past, knowing you can't....but I also understand the frustration of knowing you can lose games like @CSP.
                          Considering the squad is now on it's 3rd QB this season..and hasn't played the same guy (due to injury) for more than a few games in a row....it's hard to have expected a lot from this season if you knew ahead of time that would be the deal and Marshall wouldn't be himself this year due to his ailment.

Due to the further depth of solid teams in this league (see Moorhead and Wayne)..there's going to be teams like NSU, USF, and Winona each year going forward..ones that had a disappointing season with things jammed at the top with MSU, UMD, Augie, and Bemidji. This league has gotten tougher, for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

I absolutely cannot deny that. Personally, I'd rather have the excitement of going to The Bank, knowing you can punch with anyone in the league and having a realistic shot at beating a Mankato..instead of the past, knowing you can't....but I also understand the frustration of knowing you can lose games like @CSP.
                            Considering the squad is now on it's 3rd QB this season..and hasn't played the same guy (due to injury) for more than a few games in a row....it's hard to have expected a lot from this season if you knew ahead of time that would be the deal and Marshall wouldn't be himself this year due to his ailment.

Due to the further depth of solid teams in this league (see Moorhead and Wayne)..there's going to be teams like NSU, USF, and Winona each year going forward..ones that had a disappointing season with things jammed at the top with MSU, UMD, Augie, and Bemidji. This league has gotten tougher, for sure.
                            It's awesome to see the league getting better and more teams being able to compete for a title. Some schools really seem to have invested into their programs with more scholarships and resources and its starting to show!

Comment

Regarding QB. I’m not sure it would have mattered if we didn’t have the injuries. They were alternating Vespo and Hackle in the 1st game of the season. I think settling in a QB was going to be a struggle all year.

Ian missed a game or two early due to an ailment but he is has been healthy the rest of the year. That’s not holding him back.

I do agree the league has gotten tougher for sure which is great. I hope that more schools like Winona and Bemidji specifically can find ways to improve their facilities. I think it only helps the conference to get better and better

Comment

The QB situation was a known issue coming into the season. Not necessarily that there would be so many injuries, but a lot of concern about the options available. The overall inconsistency of the program has been a source of frustration for fans over the past few years.

To your point about the conference, it is true that 5 or 6 wins in 2023 is not the same as 5 or 6 wins in 2016. The bottom of the conference is definitely better. I'm also not sure the top of the conference is as strong as it was when Mankato and Duluth were nearly unbeatable in conference play.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X