Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 5 NSIC Game Chat

If you are planning on going to Bemidji for the Mankato vs Bemidji game, you will want to get your tickets ahead of time. With it being BSU's homecoming, two top 10 ranked teams, and beautiful weather, tickets have been going fast according to the BSU Athletic Office!

BSU didn't schedule a cupcake for Homecoming!
    Millsy

I’m thinking visiting team fans should be ok

Comment

Originally posted by Barndog View Post
      I’m thinking visiting team fans should be ok
      If they have a ticket.

Comment

Homecoming at Bemidji. I was there once to see the Beavers jump in the lake after beating Upper Iowa. I hope that they stay dry this year. Due to medical reasons I doubt if I can be there- detached retina surgery last Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          Homecoming at Bemidji. I was there once to see the Beavers jump in the lake after beating Upper Iowa. I hope that they stay dry this year. Due to medical reasons I doubt if I can be there- detached retina surgery last Thursday.
          Good luck with the surgery and recovery. I know nothing of the surgery, but it doesn’t sound exciting

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

If they have a ticket.
            Exactly!
            Do NSIC teams get tickets for visiting fans (like higher levels) or are most place general admission?

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeFBGuy View Post

Exactly!
              Do NSIC teams get tickets for visiting fans (like higher levels) or are most place general admission?
              I'm 95% sure the answer is no, though perhaps postseason is different.

A sellout in any sport in the nsic is incredibly rare.

Comment

Well I got my tickets and will be there Friday. Should be in parking lot by 9:30 am!!!

Comment

Exactly!
                  Every game I've been too has been GA/Reserved for all, for football at least.

Since NSIC schools don't have fully enclosed stadiums, there's not much of a need to ration tickets. I've been to some pretty big games and even if the stands are full there's always some open space.

Given the layout of the Chet though, we very well could have a true sellout.

Comment

Good luck with the surgery and recovery. I know nothing of the surgery, but it doesn’t sound exciting
                    Missed the 2019 title game due to having it in my right eye. This time it is in the left. No family history of them- doctors have no direct cause. Had a concussion playing football in HS, took some knocks on the head in college football, tipped over a pea truck for Green Giant. Hard to say what the cause is, but my left eye is still a complete blur. I usually walk two miles in the morning and two at night- was told that I can go outside but not walk for exercise. Have to lie on my left side while sleeping because of the gas bubble in my eye, kind of a chore while wearing a CPAP. Better than going blind. Which reminds me it is time to put in three different eye drops.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Brad. I suspect you'll be just fine.

Comment

I will likely be at Key to the City this weekend - kinda depends on my car situation mostly.

Been wanting to see this matchup for several years, so I'm excited to finally knock it out. It's my 6th football game this season, and second at USF.

I mentioned this in the USF thread, but the Vikings/Chargers game featured alumni from both schools. It was kind of a neat way to kick off the week.

Comment

USF leads series 8-2
                          USF Augie
                          2012 32 31
                          2013 27 10
                          2014 23 12
                          2015 28 35 Augie
                          2016 35 20
                          2017 21 14
                          2018 51 13
                          2019 13 20 Augie
                          2020 (season cancelled)
                          2021 28 26
                          2022 31 24
                          289 205 Total points
                          32.111 22.778 average per game
                          USF largest margin of victory 38 points -- 2018
                          Augie largest margin of victory 7 points 2015 & 2019
                          If my stats are correct here, Augie wins every 4 years, so 2023 should be a victory
                          I am predicting Augie gets its largest margin of victory in 2023 with a 38-17 win.

Comment

Don't know what to expect in the rivalry Key to the City game. I'm not a believer in every 4 year theory. Are the Vikings facing the team that scored 34 points in Duluth or the team that beat Minot 7-0. I expect the Coo will play their best game and so will the Vikings. With 2 punt and 1 kickoff returns for TDs plus an excellent punter and kicker this is AU best special teams in many years. I'm thinking Augie 31-24 over Sioux Falls.

Comment

Observation: The NSIC is better than a lot of conferences in 3rd down percentage.

Three schools in the Top 20, five of the Top 35 and seven of the Top 56.
                              Just for comparison, the MIAA has three in the Top 25, five of the Top 42 and seven of the Top 63

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X