Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Millsy View Post

A bye week is definitely more beneficial at this time of year than a budget busting trip to Texas or Mississippi (the only two D-II options for Bemidji). From what I had heard, those two teams wanted home games, and there was no guarantee of a return trip next year. Not every team is as "flush with cash" as zimmy's Mavericks must be.
    We will see how it plays out. Take another loss and you may be looking in.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeFBGuy View Post

This is complete BS. Ridiculous statement
      Definitely not BS, it's fact. They had options and chose not to play anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by CheapSkate View Post

Because that's not how it works. And as far back as I can remember (been following DII since Curt Anes hung 56 on my Golden Eagles by the break) it has never worked that way. DII games are all that matter. D1 wins don't help, and NAIA or DIII losses don't hurt.
        This is the correct answer.

However, an unbeaten CWU team would likely be moved down versus 11-0 squads..as the teams with 11 games against D2 competition have more game results against the only competition that matters for the playoffs..and the 11-0 would likely have more wins against quality opponents and so forth. However, when they get to discussing the teams, it's hard not to see the loss to NAIA MT Tech. In other words, if we had unbeaten Mines, Mankato, and CWU..I think you'd see 1-Mines, 2-Kato, 3-CWU..as Mines will likely have the top SOS of any team in D2..but that's a guess at the halfway point here.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

However, an unbeaten CWU team would likely be moved down versus 11-0 squads..as the teams with 11 games against D2 competition have more game results against the only competition that matters for the playoffs..and the 11-0 would likely have more wins against quality opponents and so forth. However, when they get to discussing the teams, it's hard not to see the loss to NAIA MT Tech. In other words, if we had unbeaten Mines, Mankato, and CWU..I think you'd see 1-Mines, 2-Kato, 3-CWU..as Mines will likely have the top SOS of any team in D2..but that's a guess at the halfway point here.
          Ok in your scenario how would you rank a one loss NSIC team versus CWU? You can take your pick Bemidji, Augie, Duluth or Wayne. Why would they not be seeded higher than them? Whoever it would be would have a number of quality wins. If Augie and Duluth both finish with one loss won't they both be 3 and 4? Also I hope Kato has at least one loss too!

Ok if BHSU wins out are they at least the two seed because they have two quality wins even though they have a bad loss to SD Mines and a loss to St Thomas?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Agree. If Mines is 11-0, they are the 1 seed with a bullet. Unless Angelo really poops the bed coming down the stretch and that win doesn’t look as good. But that’s basically the only way they aren’t #1 at 11-0.

Comment

Originally posted by AU guy View Post

Ok in your scenario how would you rank a one loss NSIC team versus CWU? You can take your pick Bemidji, Augie, Duluth or Wayne. Why would they not be seeded higher than them? Whoever it would be would have a number of quality wins. If Augie and Duluth both finish with one loss won't they both be 3 and 4? Also I hope Kato has at least one loss too!

Ok if BHSU wins out are they at least the two seed because they have two quality wins even though they have a bad loss to SD Mines and a loss to St Thomas?
              You're throwing way too many variables out there, it would come down like it always does....SOS and some eye test. Control your own destiny and don't put it in the committee's hands

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

Definitely not BS, it's fact. They had options and chose not to play anyone.
                Your intel is different than mine. We won’t convince each other, so we’ll leave it at that

Comment

Originally posted by AU guy View Post

Way too much football left to speculate 1-loss teams vs CWU at this point. Unbeatens are easy to compare at this point since we aren't talking about who they lost to and all that.

BHSU is a longshot. They have their toughest games remaining. I'd guess they'll be like 7-4.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X