Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff Tracker after Week 6

Officially over halfway through the season now, and Regional Ranking should be coming in 2/3 weeks. As of right now I believe we have eliminated at a minimum of 11 squads of the 32 teams in Region 4. With 9 more teams at least with one foot out the door. 3 losses are pretty much a death sentence but with 5 weeks to go crazy things may happen.

Undefeated (4)
    Augustana (6-0)
    Colorado Mines (6-0)
    Minnesota State (6-0)
    Western Colorado (6-0)

Alive and Well (6)
    Bemidji State (4-1)
    Black Hills State (4-2) 1 Loss to D1 UST
    Texas A&M - Kingsville (4-1)
    UMD (5-1)
    UT - Permian Basin (5-1)
    Wayne State (5-1)

Getting Iffy (2)
    Angelo State (3-2)
    Central Washington (4-2) 1 loss to NAIA Montana Tech, 1 loss to D1 Weber State

Nearly Eliminated (9)
    Adams State (3-3)
    CSU Pueblo (3-3)
    Eastern New Mexico (3-3)
    Midwestern State (2-3)
    MSU Moorhead (3-3)
    SD Mines (3-3)
    Sioux Falls (3-3)
    Western Oregon (3-3)
    Winona State (3-3)

Eliminated (11)
    Chadron State (2-4)
    Colorado Mesa (2-4)
    Concordia St. Paul (2-4)
    Fort Lewis (0-6)
    Mary (0-6)
    Minot State (0-6)
    New Mexico Highlands (2-4)
    Northern State (2-4)
    Southwest MN State (1-5)
    West Texas A&M (2-4)
    Western New Mexico (1-5)
    Last edited by zimmy21; 10-08-2023, 05:46 PM.

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
    Officially over halfway through the season now, and Regional Ranking should be coming in 2/3 weeks. As of right now I believe we have eliminated at a minimum of 11 squads of the 32 teams in Region 4. With 9 more teams at least with one foot out the door. 3 losses are pretty much a death sentence but with 5 weeks to go crazy things may happen.

Undefeated (4)
    Augustana (6-0)
    Colorado Mines (6-0)
    Minnesota State (6-0)
    Western Colorado (6-0)

Alive and Well (6)
    Bemidji State (4-1)
    Black Hills State (4-2) 1 Loss to D1 UST
    Texas A&M - Kingsville (4-1)
    UMD (5-1)
    UT - Permian Basin (5-1)
    Wayne State (5-1)

Getting Iffy (2)
    Angelo State (3-2)
    Central Washington (4-2) 1 loss to NAIA Montana Tech, 1 loss to D1 Weber State

Nearly Eliminated (9)
    Adams State (3-3)
    CSU Pueblo (3-3)
    Eastern New Mexico (3-3)
    Midwestern State (2-3)
    MSU Moorhead (3-3)
    SD Mines (3-3)
    Sioux Falls (3-3)
    Western Oregon (3-3)
    Winona State (3-3)

Eliminated (11)
    Chadron State (2-4)
    Colorado Mesa (2-4)
    Concordia St. Paul (2-4)
    Fort Lewis (0-6)
    Mary (0-6)
    Minot State (0-6)
    New Mexico Highlands (2-4)
    Northern State (2-4)
    Southwest MN State (1-5)
    West Texas A&M (2-4)
    Western New Mexico (1-5)
    Good list to work from. Keep in mind, a team like Central Wash is 4-0 against D2 foes, which is all that matters for playoff purposes. So they are in a better spot than "iffy".

With CO Mines having played a tough non-con schedule early, if they go unbeaten they'll likely be the top seed in SR4 and someone will need to beat them in Golden. Mankato needs to cheer for Western Oregon to do well the rest of the way to help their SOS chances over and above .500ish. If Kato wins out they'll likely fall just a touch short of the 1 spot to Mines..but we are only halfway through anywho.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Good list to work from. Keep in mind, a team like Central Wash is 4-0 against D2 foes, which is all that matters for playoff purposes. So they are in a better spot than "iffy".

With CO Mines having played a tough non-con schedule early, if they go unbeaten they'll likely be the top seed in SR4 and someone will need to beat them in Golden. Mankato needs to cheer for Western Oregon to do well the rest of the way to help their SOS chances over and above .500ish. If Kato wins out they'll likely fall just a touch short of the 1 spot to Mines..but we are only halfway through anywho.
      Good info, for whatever reason I was thinking they were judged on the NAIA games as well, not so much the D1 games.

You're likely right, but I'm not counting the chickens yet. I thought preseason the Mavs would lose twice, once being to Bemidji, the other in Winona. So we will see.

Isn't there a minimum amount of D2 games needed to qualify for playoffs in general?

Comment

Good work on the list Zimmy. Appreciate it.

Comment

Will be interesting to see how BSU closes out the year given they have WSC, UMD, and Augie all on the road yet. Does only playing a 10 game schedule impact them playoff wise?

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post
            Will be interesting to see how BSU closes out the year given they have WSC, UMD, and Augie all on the road yet. Does only playing a 10 game schedule impact them playoff wise?
            We’ll find out a lot about Bemidji soon. That is a gauntlet they have to run to finish the season. CSP is a sneaky team and I wouldn’t count MSUM as an easy win late in the year either. Will be fun to watch it play out.

Comment

Isn't there a minimum amount of D2 games needed to qualify for playoffs in general?
              The minimum is 8, so CWU is good to go (as they were in 2021 when they made it at 7-1 vs. D2).

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

The minimum is 8, so CWU is good to go (as they were in 2021 when they made it at 7-1 vs. D2).
                Thank you for the clarification

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post
                  I said this months ago, they had their opportunities for scheduling a non con game and they took the bye. They thought it would give their guys time to rest. Well now it's crunch time. We will see how it helps/hurts them

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

All of the players in the NSIC take turns playing each other these last 5 weeks. I'd say very little is settled in the conference.

In the RMAC, I'd debate whether the winner of the Western Colorado / Colorado School of Mines will be for the #1 seed in the region. Western has good OOC and in region wins over WTAM and UTPB. The winner should be undefeated. At the least they will be in the conversation with an undefeated NSIC champ.

LSC has the potential to be a hot mess. If UTPB beats Angelo, they may be the only PO team. If Angelo wins that game, then the question of UTPB making the field comes up.

It's getting to be that exciting time of year! Can't wait!

Comment

I said this months ago, they had their opportunities for scheduling a non con game and they took the bye. They thought it would give their guys time to rest. Well now it's crunch time. We will see how it helps/hurts them
                      This is complete BS. Ridiculous statement

Comment

So I have a question about Central Washington if they win out the committee will look at them as 9-0? That doesn't make any sense to me. Why don't they review their whole body of work?

Comment

Originally posted by AU guy View Post
                          So I have a question about Central Washington if they win out the committee will look at them as 9-0? That doesn't make any sense to me. Why don't they review their whole body of work?
                          That confuses me as well. I understand not punishing a squad for playing a D1 team, but everything else should be considered. Strange

Comment

A bye week is definitely more beneficial at this time of year than a budget busting trip to Texas or Mississippi (the only two D-II options for Bemidji). From what I had heard, those two teams wanted home games, and there was no guarantee of a return trip next year. Not every team is as "flush with cash" as zimmy's Mavericks must be.
                            Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by AU guy View Post
                              Because that's not how it works. And as far back as I can remember (been following DII since Curt Anes hung 56 on my Golden Eagles by the break) it has never worked that way. DII games are all that matter. D1 wins don't help, and NAIA or DIII losses don't hurt.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X