Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

CSP is a pretty good team at home. AU struggled with them earlier. Their RB Jaylin Richardson is one of the top players in the league and nobody talks about him. Northern can still have a winning season and make an imaginary bowl game.

Beat the Vikings and winless N. Michigan can be like a bowl game. Don't they play in that all wood dome? Must have taken 10k trees. Don't light a match.
    I'm still surprised they booked a long trip to end the season. Maybe some recruits/players parents get a shorter drive to see their kids.

Comment

CSP is a pretty good team at home. AU struggled with them earlier. Their RB Jaylin Richardson is one of the top players in the league and nobody talks about him. Northern can still have a winning season and make an imaginary bowl game.

Beat the Vikings and winless N. Michigan can be like a bowl game. Don't they play in that all wood dome? Must have taken 10k trees. Don't light a match.
      I just don’t see Northern beating Augie next week. I think the defense is better since they let the DC go but the offense is just not very good. Scoring a lot of points against Mary and Minot does not make a good offense.

looking at a 5-6 season most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
        MSU closes out with a big run but 16-6 is where we are.

Martin is vastly improved since the last time I saw him. It's a night and day difference. If the OLine can pick things up,, the second half could be different.
        Very few care about a 1-8 team- but Martin has improved, he was 2 sloppy/lazy/distracted throws from having a great individual performance. Cluttered throw in the end zone and smash concept, with 1 minute to go, and he tried to take the corner instead of taking the wide open hitch route, both resulted in INT. But this is a broken record, SMSU plays good solid football for a while and then makes 2/3 critical mistakes.

Observation; clearly Mankato was the better team, but they are NOT anywhere close to the dominate team/program they have been over the past decade.

Comment

Originally posted by FB Player Coach & Fan View Post

Very few care about a 1-8 team- but Martin has improved, he was 2 sloppy/lazy/distracted throws from having a great individual performance. Cluttered throw in the end zone and smash concept, with 1 minute to go, and he tried to take the corner instead of taking the wide open hitch route, both resulted in INT. But this is a broken record, SMSU plays good solid football for a while and then makes 2/3 critical mistakes.

Observation; clearly Mankato was the better team, but they are NOT anywhere close to the dominate team/program they have been over the past decade.
          Honestly at this point, I care more about seeing improvements than wins and losses for SMSU. I said it some weeks ago but we seem to have a full football team in there somewhere, Underwood just needs to pull it out of everyone. Easier said than done with this group obviously.

Was not expecting year two to be such a dramatic drop off from year one, but our QB1 did depart shortly before the season began (and is seemingly out of football).

The only other time I saw MSU play was week 1, and they dominated USF - who is also not in their normal form, but I felt watching today that MSU is on a down swing. I feel like they were almost demoralized after last week too. The crowd was audibly excited when the final of the WSC/AU game was announced.

I try to make this matchup every year because I want to be there when SMSU wins for the first time. But I'll have to wait another one again.

Comment

Originally posted by FB Player Coach & Fan View Post

Agree. Mankato is still a year away, at least. The offense could be very strong next year with only 1 SR on the 2-deep, but the defense still has some work to do. Time to start the, “we can’t compete with this stadium” sell job! :)

Comment

Man... I know the Blake is a dump but part of me is going to miss it when it's inevitably replaced.

I was at the top of the visitors side on the berm-end, and I had a beautiful view of both end zones as well as the valley and a part of campus.

Then again, one of our coaches had to ask the players on the sideline to watch for incoming guys and prevent them from plowing into the stands. We had a WR go after a pass and almost broke himself on the concrete. Was a worrisome thing to watch in real time.

Comment

CSP looked better than a 3 win team for sure, and Richardson is really good. But, that is a game NSU needs to win. I hope I’m wrong, and the team comes out with some fight against Augie but the last 2 seasons have ended with a fizzle and I don’t expect differently this year.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                  Man... I know the Blake is a dump but part of me is going to miss it when it's inevitably replaced.

I was at the top of the visitors side on the berm-end, and I had a beautiful view of both end zones as well as the valley and a part of campus.

Then again, one of our coaches had to ask the players on the sideline to watch for incoming guys and prevent them from plowing into the stands. We had a WR go after a pass and almost broke himself on the concrete. Was a worrisome thing to watch in real time.
                  Another potential player injury hazard in Winona at the back of one end zone there is a short set of aluminum bleachers close. I saw a WR run into them hard, he was OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

CSP looked better than a 3 win team for sure, and Richardson is really good. But, that is a game NSU needs to win. I hope I’m wrong, and the team comes out with some fight against Augie but the last 2 seasons have ended with a fizzle and I don’t expect differently this year.
                    In the last eight seasons the Wolves are 8-8 combined in the final two games of the season. Six wins against Crookston, one against Mary and one against Bemidji back in 2014

Comment

Another potential player injury hazard in Winona at the back of one end zone there is a short set of aluminum bleachers close. I saw a WR run into them hard, he was OK.
                      That's good he was alright. Those situations can almost be scarier than anything that happens on field.

Comment

I didn't see a whole lot of the NSU/CSP game yesterday, but like to give credit to the CSP pxp guy and the production. Not mind blowing but definitely solid and he does a good job.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                          I didn't see a whole lot of the NSU/CSP game yesterday, but like to give credit to the CSP pxp guy and the production. Not mind blowing but definitely solid and he does a good job.
                          If it’s the same dude for basketball, I’d agree 100%. He’s solid.

TBH…we are VERY lucky in the NSIC to have free streams, with more than half being above average productions, and some being TV quality. There are some stinkers, sure. And there are some homers, but that’s semi-charming. We are getting way more than our money’s worth.

If any of you involved with production from any school are reading this, thank you 👍🏻👍🏻

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

If it’s the same dude for basketball, I’d agree 100%. He’s solid.

TBH…we are VERY lucky in the NSIC to have free streams, with more than half being above average productions, and some being TV quality. There are some stinkers, sure. And there are some homers, but that’s semi-charming. We are getting way more than our money’s worth.

If any of you involved with production from any school are reading this, thank you 👍🏻👍🏻
                            Absolutely. I like when people share their experiences on each and everyone will have different preferences. Can be as simple as thinking someone does a good job but their voice is just hard ok your ears.

As you said, it's all free and because of that, I don't really have any minimum standards in mind. Besides, most of these schools would much prefer you at the game, lol.

Once there is a charge, I'm sure ill pay it but id hope when that day comes is when the conference sets standards and the money generated would need to go towards that. In the end, if the school isn't making cash flow from it, it likely isn't going to have much money put into it.

Comment

I know we talked about broadcasts last week, but the MSU Morehead broad cast was pretty good. Thumbs up.

Comment

I’ve never watched a Duluth game and at first I wasn’t a fan, but after a few minutes, knowing they’re homers…those guys were fun to listen to. The ol’ coach and his partner…felt like I was sitting at a bar with a couple knowledgeable guys, describing the game. We laughed quite a bit. I’ll watch again if I have free time

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X