Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC 2023 OL Chat

Hey everyone, new board member here, I’m a former BSU O-linemen and I’ve been reading the boards for a while now, figured I’d finally get in on some of the action. I saw a topic about NSIC QBs but theres no topic about the most important position group, (obviously in my heavily biased opinion) the O-Line. I wanted to hear some thoughts on what teams have had the best O-Line play throughout the year. Maybe even highlight some individual O-Linemen that have been impressive this year. Let’s give the big boys up front some love

Originally posted by Bemidji Football Fan View Post
    Hey everyone, new board member here, I’m a former BSU O-linemen and I’ve been reading the boards for a while now, figured I’d finally get in on some of the action. I saw a topic about NSIC QBs but theres no topic about the most important position group, (obviously in my heavily biased opinion) the O-Line. I wanted to hear some thoughts on what teams have had the best O-Line play throughout the year. Maybe even highlight some individual O-Linemen that have been impressive this year. Let’s give the big boys up front some love
    Welcome to the board. I won't be able to add much so I'll leave it in other people's hands. Just wanted to say welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Bemidji Football Fan View Post
      Hey everyone, new board member here, I’m a former BSU O-linemen…theres no topic about the most important position group, (obviously in my heavily biased opinion) the O-Line.
      Great pun :) Welcome! And excellent topic.

MSU has been as good on offense as they have over the past 10+ years due to their (most times) dominant OL play. They are the secret sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

MSU has been as good on offense as they have over the past 10+ years due to their (most times) dominant OL play. They are the secret sauce.
        I agree, MSU always seems to get massive OL who can move surprisingly well for their size almost every year, they must be making them in a secret laboratory or something. Offensive linemen are like air conditioning units as they're often not noticed until they stop working.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Historically the Mankato and Duluth OL/DL had significantly more heft and brawn than Augustana. That was NOT the case this year in the game vs the Mavericks and was one of the reasons Augustana rolled to an easy victory a few weeks ago. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Welcome, BFF!

I still reminisce over SMSU's OLine circa 2013. Definitely the best I've ever seen it. Being that it's been 10 years and I still enjoy the thought, that's probably not a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
              Welcome, BFF!

I still reminisce over SMSU's OLine circa 2013. Definitely the best I've ever seen it. Being that it's been 10 years and I still enjoy the thought, that's probably not a good sign.
              Jeremy Darveau is still the best OL coach I've seen in Marshall...he's had stops since in Power 5, Group of 5 and FCS since leaving here, as well as at Valdosta State. Currently at FCS Western Carolina

Comment

Love to talk up Augustana's OL. RT Blake Larson, 6'7" 300 lbs. has had about every NFL team see him. He has great footwork. He was a good BB. player in HS and was 260lbs. Right beside at guard is 6'4" 335lbs. Trevor "Big Red" Burkhardt. He was the 2021 lifter of the year at AU. Blake and Trevor are local boys. At center is Austin Rodriquez, he started as a true freshman a Texas boy, so you know he has a FB mentality. Those 3 are seniors. I don't know squat about weightlifting her is Trevor Burkhardt X page the lifting looks impressive to me.
                (1) Trevor Burkhart (@BiggRedd_53) / X (twitter.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Jeremy Darveau is still the best OL coach I've seen in Marshall...he's had stops since in Power 5, Group of 5 and FCS since leaving here, as well as at Valdosta State. Currently at FCS Western Carolina
                  Yup, I remember Darveau well. I think he left SMSU for a position at Florida, and was at VSU for a very long time.

Always wishing him success, though would love it if he came back! Haha.

Comment

CSP has a big group of dudes. They may be underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                      Love to talk up Augustana's OL. RT Blake Larson, 6'7" 300 lbs. has had about every NFL team see him. He has great footwork. He was a good BB. player in HS and was 260lbs. Right beside at guard is 6'4" 335lbs. Trevor "Big Red" Burkhardt. He was the 2021 lifter of the year at AU. Blake and Trevor are local boys. At center is Austin Rodriquez, he started as a true freshman a Texas boy, so you know he has a FB mentality. Those 3 are seniors. I don't know squat about weightlifting her is Trevor Burkhardt X page the lifting looks impressive to me.
                      (1) Trevor Burkhart (@BiggRedd_53) / X (twitter.com)
                      Don't mean to correct you but I don't think Rodriquez started any games as a freshman, played in a few but I'm pretty sure Jake Lacina started all 12 games in 2019 at center. From what I have watched I'm more impressed with our left side then I am with those two. I will agree Blake is really good!!!

Comment

Trey Cahalan @ UMD is also a beast. 6'2" 300# center that can run and pass block very well. Would be surprised if he isnt in a NFL camp this summer.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X