Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSIC prospects of winning in 2nd round of playoffs?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC prospects of winning in 2nd round of playoffs?

Can Bemidji and or Augustana win in round 2 of playoffs? Beavers seem to have easier path to a victory, although CWU is a very road traveled team and will not be intimidated by a trip to Bemidji. Brandon Alt has spent 7 years at BSU and this game could be his, " Opus Magnum" to date in his career. I will be cheering for gang green in this one.

Vikings travel to the big bad Orediggers of CSM a place where teams lose 50-70 to 0. It's truly a daunting task for Augustana. All everything and front-runner for the Harlon Hill trophy, grad. senior John Matocha is the quarterback for CSM. Looking through their roster, there are many seniors and grad students on their team. Mankato's close loss last season in this game gives me some hope. Augie has a stout defense and some great weapons on offense, so let's get ready to rumble!

I think BSU wins comfortably and I hope Augustana keeps it competitive.

Comment

Bemidji just two counties south of Canada in their woodlands and much water environment headed south to Midland TX. a short days drive north of Mexico in desert country with underground lakes of black gold known as oil and beat the LSC best in U T Permian basin. I do not think the Beavers will be intimidated by Center Washington. BSU has a balanced attack with the great Brandon Alt. Don't know anything about CWU.

Comment

I think it would be great if both won and set up the NSIC Division Collision! Cheering for both to get the W

Comment

CWU respects Bemidji.............and CWU wins 21-17.

Comment

I would encourage all Augie fans to go to Golden Colorado. Great campus with the bluffs to your west, and the Parasailers coming down the mountain during tailgating. Great spot to tailgate on the northwest corner of the stadium. Plenty of good breweries. Fans there are nice and friendly. Had some photos to share but they are to large!!

Barndog

Comment

Everybody is talking about the Colorado School of Mines quarterback. I will say when I was in Golden last year for the second round of the playoffs I don’t want to say I was not impressed with him or that he doesn’t deserve the hype but to me he seemed to throw a lot of 50-50 balls. So if you could win your share of those 50-50 balls, I think you will have success. He does throw good on the run. Remember Mankato lost that game in the last 3 to 5 minutes of the first half and the same at the beginning of the second half.

Comment

We need some Oredigger faithful to comment, or are they so confident that they will win are shrugging Augustana off.

Comment

Augie is looking like one of those teams who got hot at the right time to me. I think they're a real threat.

Comment

I think the cwu D looks legit. Maybe even elite. I could see them forcing a rock fight and stealing another win.

Comment

If you compare AU vs. CSM stats side by side, Mines looks much better except for more penalties and they have given up much more sacks and yardage. Augie 23-121 CSM 36-276. Mines beat some very good teams including Grand Valley St. also a lot of weak teams. Top to bottom the NSIC is a better conference than the RMAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                        Augie is looking like one of those teams who got hot at the right time to me. I think they're a real threat.
                        I think Augie has a real shot and many would be surprised if they pull it off...I hope they do

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                          I think the cwu D looks legit. Maybe even elite. I could see them forcing a rock fight and stealing another win.
                          A couple of weeks back, they gave up 42 to UTPB. I don't know anything about them, but that loss jumped out at me. Hoping the NSIC gets two Ws on Saturday

Comment

830CST tonight..twitter....we broadcast our SR4 show..

https://twitter.com/D2Football

or

https://www.youtube.com/@d2football1973/streams

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                              830CST tonight..twitter....we broadcast our SR4 show..

https://twitter.com/D2Football

or

https://www.youtube.com/@d2football1973/streams
                              Show just finished, it was excellent. Matt knows his stuff as well AC does too. If you are not watching weekly NSIC and playoff show you're missing out on great content. Let's go NSIC and show the D2 world how much better our league has gotten.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X