Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

My original point is that typically, guys from smaller programs don't tend to get picked up as much - which is a statistically true statement. Koi is an exception to that trend.

My point now is that I want to see guys feed into bigger programs with better competition. Overall, it will produce a better product and maybe filter out a few folks who don't belong. We have an anecdotal example that does not fit that narrative.

I am not rooting against the kid, I hope he makes it in FBS and beyond. It's weird to me that he stuck around, but it was his decision and not mine.
    The model you want is college sports. That is what you are describing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Probably a lot of if he played for Mater Dei or IMG, hypothetically.
      It’s very clear you don’t have kids if it’s so easy to pull the trigger to send them 1500 miles away! Haha

Zach Annexstad left Mankato West (some small town near Mankato) for IMG academy. Was a part time QB there, since you know, only one can play. Ended up with the Goofers and then got hurt and couldn’t beat out Tanner Morgan, who proved to be unable to throw the ball after his receivers were gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

It’s very clear you don’t have kids if it’s so easy to pull the trigger to send them 1500 miles away! Haha

Zach Annexstad left Mankato West (some small town near Mankato) for IMG academy. Was a part time QB there, since you know, only one can play. Ended up with the Goofers and then got hurt and couldn’t beat out Tanner Morgan, who proved to be unable to throw the ball after his receivers were gone.
        Right, I don't. And I get there's a lot of other considerations besides just athletics. I was speaking purely in terms of athletic development.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

The model you want is college sports. That is what you are describing.
          No, I was describing the academy system - which is far superior. It also allows the ultra talented ones to go pro much sooner without having to jump through a bunch of arbitrary hoops. In this discussion, the NFL is obviously a much more physical sport that relies on physical development that comes with age - so letting teenagers play in the NFL isn't a great idea, obviously.

It's also strange how we tied athletics to education over here. But it's the system we chose so if I wanna watch, I'm pretty much stuck with it.

Comment

• The majority of D1 recruiting is done through camps, evals, and film. The coaches will show up at HS games, but normally just to “show love” as the recruits call it. They’re not showing up at random games and checking the roster to see who a certain number is.

As far as Perich, his offers were legit. Ryan Day, from OSU isn’t showing up in a kid’s living room for a final visit, just because.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

He has Tenn State and NAU offers already.
              Add Indiana State to the list.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X