Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portal Movement in the NSIC

I'm putting this topic in here to better track that kinda movement. I will not be slaving over twitter hours at a time trying to sniff this out, but for those that are inclined to..feel free to post info. Thanks.

https://twitter.com/PaytonHughes6_

I know Payton had drawn early attn in the NSIC portal conversation..so I'm putting his handle here as he's gotten offers from around D2 and also UNI, etc.

Comment

https://twitter.com/willberry234

Will Berry from NSU was another one who was getting interest.

Comment

SMSU Outbound w/offers:

Eric Lira WR - Quincy, Rocky Mountain College, Concordia-Moorhead
        Donald Austin RB - MSUM, Washington State (PWO), Idaho State (PWO)
        Blake Allen RB - St. Francis
        Jalani Jefferson DB- Graceland, Midwestern State, BSU, TAMU-Kingsville, Angelo State, Elizabeth City State, Eastern New Mexico, Minnesota State, Winona State, Western Colorado
        Colby Williams DB - No public offers
        Shawn Martinez OL - Pitt State, Notre Dame College, Central Missouri
        Tomele Staples QB - St. Ambrose
        Marcus Martin QB - No public offers

That's all I can find, quite possibly more.

Comment

Minot's freshman QB, Cole Hentges jumped into the portal and quickly accepted a PWO with UND in Grand Forks. Here are a few from the Fargo Forum. I know some of the team specific threads here have players listed. Interesting to see who moves around, moves on, or stays put (and where they end up going)

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
            SMSU Outbound w/offers:

Eric Lira WR - Quincy, Rocky Mountain College, Concordia-Moorhead
            Donald Austin RB - MSUM, Washington State (PWO), Idaho State (PWO)
            Blake Allen RB - St. Francis
            Jalani Jefferson DB- Graceland, Midwestern State, BSU, TAMU-Kingsville, Angelo State, Elizabeth City State, Eastern New Mexico, Minnesota State, Winona State, Western Colorado
            Colby Williams DB - No public offers
            Tomele Staples QB - St. Ambrose
            Marcus Martin QB - No public offers

That's all I can find, quite possibly more.
            both QBs in the portal. amazing stuff

Comment

SMSU Outbound w/offers:

DI offers now coming in for Martinez with East Tennessee and East Kentucky. Also offered by Davenport.

I think I say every time that I don't really care where these guys land and probably shouldn't spend the time I do looking at their offers, but I am also a little curious to see where these folks go.
              Last edited by SW_Mustang; 12-07-2023, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Hopefully not jinxing anything but I haven't heard any USF players hitting the portal. Which is a good thing after last years mass exodus.

Comment

Not a transfer, but NSU's Jake Oliphant declared for the NFL draft

Comment

Originally posted by USFIllini View Post
                    Hopefully not jinxing anything but I haven't heard any USF players hitting the portal. Which is a good thing after last years mass exodus.
                    I too haven't heard of any portal movement at USF. Although most of my info comes from this site, so it's not like I have any inside information that anyone else doesn't have.

Comment

Not a transfer, but NSU's Jake Oliphant declared for the NFL draft
                      Saw Ian Marshall “declared” for the draft as well.

Is this like when Michael Scott declared bankruptcy? Can I declare for the draft too?

Comment

Originally posted by D2FootballFan1992 View Post

Is this like when Michael Scott declared bankruptcy? Can I declare for the draft too?
                        I think you just did. PMM Inc would be happy to represent you, I declare you are my client, welcome aboard! :)

Your post made me lol. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by D2FootballFan1992 View Post

Yes, actually. That's a good analogy haha.

Not sure why D2 guys feel the need to announce they are "in the draft." Seems like a relatively new thing too. IMO, not that anyone pays that close of attention, but it looks awkward to declare for the draft, then not get drafted.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

I too haven't heard of any portal movement at USF. Although most of my info comes from this site, so it's not like I have any inside information that anyone else doesn't have.
                            Heard the punter is in the portal. FWIW.

Comment

Yes, actually. That's a good analogy haha.

Not sure why D2 guys feel the need to announce they are "in the draft." Seems like a relatively new thing too. IMO, not that anyone pays that close of attention, but it looks awkward to declare for the draft, then not get drafted.
                              Yes....we've noticed this trend since COVID...."declaring".which to most people would imply you are foregoing your final year to head into the draft. It feels like it's being done as a celebratory moment for the player as their college career ends and they hope that due to the success of it....they get a shot in the league.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X