X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

no idea what to make of this.

thrw 4 passes at Minot
    It seems pretty easy to understand. Hansen may like to throw the ball as a QB, Minot is not going to throw the ball. They are an option team.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Interesting is a good word for it. Maybe it’s a full ride and that’s the determining factor?
      Well, based on what I saw - he got 3 offers. Wazzu was cool, but clearly just a courtesy with no real chance at playing time.

Which means it came down to MSUM or ISU. Might as well try your luck in the FCS at that point.

Comment

thrw 4 passes at Minot
        He was a hold over from previous staff at Minot. He doesn’t fit with what the new coaching staff wants to do offensively—- which is run the ball and throw the ball 12 times a game. He is more of a pocket guy/pro style

Comment

thrw 4 passes at Minot
          I'm not necessarily saying he's the next great Mustang QB (heck, he's not even for sure coming to SMSU), but there's probably some crossover between the system he was recruited to play at Minot and the offense Cunha installed at Southwest. It's at least important to have decent depth that can come in and run your system.

HS Senior highlights: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1107957...dd430824c4a2a8

Comment

Minot announced a bunch of midyear transfers, including one from within the NSIC

https://msubeavers.com/news/2023/12/...ng-period.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by FB Player Coach & Fan View Post

He was a hold over from previous staff at Minot. He doesn’t fit with what the new coaching staff wants to do offensively—- which is run the ball and throw the ball 12 times a game. He is more of a pocket guy/pro style
              thanks for the information

Comment

Originally posted by Deepfreeze11 View Post

It seems pretty easy to understand. Hansen may like to throw the ball as a QB, Minot is not going to throw the ball. They are an option team.
                makes sense thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                  Minot announced a bunch of midyear transfers, including one from within the NSIC

https://msubeavers.com/news/2023/12/...ng-period.aspx
                  How can 2024 HS grads sign early in D2?

Comment

Originally posted by FB Player Coach & Fan View Post

12 times is generous. They are going to throw the ball 5 to 8 tines a game. They lost their best running back back in the portal, a number of receivers and QBs. They will be starting over from square 1 on offense.
                    Last edited by Deepfreeze11; 12-26-2023, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post

How can 2024 HS grads sign early in D2?
                      I know in D1, kids enroll early from time to time. I'm guessing there are similar allowances in place, but I'm no expert.

Comment

12 times is generous. They are going to throw the ball 5 to 8 tines a game. They lost their best running back back in the portal, a number of receivers and QBs. They will be starting over from square 1 on offense.
                        Why would a running back transfer from a team that runs the ball 98% of the time and he was the starter? Maybe personal reasons? Seemed like a nice get for Minot and he's gone. Why would a receiver sign with a team that runs the ball?

Comment

Originally posted by debergfan View Post

Why would a running back transfer from a team that runs the ball 98% of the time and he was the starter? Maybe personal reasons? Seemed like a nice get for Minot and he's gone. Why would a receiver sign with a team that runs the ball?
                          Good get..yes. But losing takes its toll players who are used to winning playing at a program that loses a lot can be taxing. Also I think many kids are pretty savvy. They know you can be a run first team, but you have to be able to throw effectively to loosen up the box (unless you are a service academy ) or you will start seeing 8 and 9 man boxes and no Running back wants to see that. (That math problem doesn't work ) .They also know that Qbs will get hit alot and you won't be able to keep them healthy so you'll be playing with a back up for part of the season or even the back up's, back up. 5

im guessing receivers believed that they would throw the ball more than 8 tines a game. I don't see how they will be successful going forward. I also don't see how anyone would be entertained watching that style of football.

Comment

Good get..yes. But losing takes its toll players who are used to winning playing at a program that loses a lot can be taxing. Also I think many kids are pretty savvy. They know you can be a run first team, but you have to be able to throw effectively to loosen up the box (unless you are a service academy ) or you will start seeing 8 and 9 man boxes and no Running back wants to see that. (That math problem doesn't work ) .They also know that Qbs will get hit alot and you won't be able to keep them healthy so you'll be playing with a back up for part of the season or even the back up's, back up. 5

im guessing receivers believed that they would throw the ball more than 8 tines a game. I don't see how they will be successful going forward. I also don't see how anyone would be entertained watching that style of football.
                            Disagree. Harding won the title running Barry Switzer's offense and (probably his playbook). Harding's long runs were very exciting. I think Harding only threw the ball a dozen times this year. 6k yards on offense is very exciting if you're winning.

Comment

I assume we are speaking about Minot here..if so, who have they lost in terms of RB and QB? Just curious as none of us really have the time/inclination to play twitter detective with each squad. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

I assume we are speaking about Minot here..if so, who have they lost in terms of RB and QB? Just curious as none of us really have the time/inclination to play twitter detective with each squad. Thanks.
                                Just a few...
                                QB Dondrae Fair (the Portland State transfer)
                                RB Myles West (leading rusher)
                                WR Daniel Stokes (No. 1 WR)
                                WR James Mintmier (No. 3 WR)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X