Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am loving this for the guys. What a great scheduling job. Kudos to OJ and Athletic Department.

Think this will be an amazing test of the depth we have. Minimal travel, great experience builder, ability to test our mental toughness, and a game that you can lose and not affect your regional rankings (if that is necessary). Plus, you might be able to catch lightning in a bottle and win. The main downside is that if you get curb-stomped, it can be a huge mental blow. Just gotta be careful that does not carry over to other games.

Overall really excited for this. And Canyon gets to go back and show everyone that he made a great choice in coming to Augie.
    Last edited by WPHB; 12-20-2023, 08:27 AM. Reason: Edit: Hit send too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowacoo View Post
      I love this. Great on both sides . 45 minute trip for Augie . Augie will be as competive as a lower level FCS team would be. Can’t believe a playoff committee could hold a game like this against anybody. Wit?
      Have no clue..since I don't know all the rules and thought behind team selection at the FCS level. If you mean Augie, it will be irrelevant as it's not a D2 opponent..furthermore, it's the FCS champs (likely) and expectations for being competitive would be low.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post
        Great scheduling for Augie. Get to really challenge the team without the risk of a D2 NC loss. Much better than slapping a Northern Michigan on your schedule. Also, not sure why the rest of the NSIC doesn't publish their schedules along with Augie. UMD typically the last to do it.
        I think plenty of them haven't finalized them yet due to the non-con game. The SID's are also onto hoops and winter sports and have mostly checked-out on football unless it's needing to recognize someone for All American and such.

Comment

Didn't realize until now... The Key to the City game is the latest it's ever been on November 9, week 10 of the season.
          4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
          2016 NSIC Champions
          🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Had to chime in here. SDSU would have boat raced Augie this year, but same as anyone else in the NSIC. Great for Augie to check out the upper division, as many have speculated they may be headed there.

But here is a question that should spark debate, how would Harding (assuming they played like they did against Mines) do against SDSU? Harding had a lot of FCS level players but how good were they really. I believe SDSU would win but would it be 45-3 or 21-13? SDSU's online would wear them down and Harding has never seen SDSUs WRs and RBs. However, SDSU never sees the triple option.
            We will never know but sure fun to wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironlinks View Post
              Had to chime in here. SDSU would have boat raced Augie this year, but same as anyone else in the NSIC. Great for Augie to check out the upper division, as many have speculated they may be headed there.

But here is a question that should spark debate, how would Harding (assuming they played like they did against Mines) do against SDSU? Harding had a lot of FCS level players but how good were they really. I believe SDSU would win but would it be 45-3 or 21-13? SDSU's online would wear them down and Harding has never seen SDSUs WRs and RBs. However, SDSU never sees the triple option.
              We will never know but sure fun to wonder?
              The manner in which Harding runs their offense would be the only interesting thing for me. Honestly, SDSU physically is like a mid-level Big10 team, if we are honest with ourselves..and kinda like GVSU and NWMSU of the past, would physically be too much for Harding upfront..but the Jacks also have top level FCS skill guys. It sounds like a fun matchup, but I think it would still be rather one-sided.

While Augie has rivals here on the board and in the NSIC....I think most here would like to see the Vikings make a "good showing" on their trip up to Brookings, as they are carrying the NSIC flag when doing so. I plan on covering the game..giving me an excuse to walk the sidelines at SDSU on gameday..along with seeing first-hand there difference in the levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

While Augie has rivals here on the board and in the NSIC....I think most here would like to see the Vikings make a "good showing" on their trip up to Brookings, as they are carrying the NSIC flag when doing so. I plan on covering the game..giving me an excuse to walk the sidelines at SDSU on gameday..along with seeing first-hand there difference in the levels.
                I joke about "NSIC conference fan rules," but I generally will root for any non-SMSU/MSU team in a matchup against a D1 opponent, or in the playoffs (assuming both of the other two are eliminated) regardless of sport.

Honestly, I think a lot of people here are the same way.

It is a little awkward rooting against classmates, but I'm an NSIC guy first and foremost. I'll be on the visitors side this go around.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

The manner in which Harding runs their offense would be the only interesting thing for me. Honestly, SDSU physically is like a mid-level Big10 team, if we are honest with ourselves..and kinda like GVSU and NWMSU of the past, would physically be too much for Harding upfront..but the Jacks also have top level FCS skill guys. It sounds like a fun matchup, but I think it would still be rather one-sided.

Team meteor
                  4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                  2016 NSIC Champions
                  🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Good analogy for Augie-SDSU is the 2009 USF-UND match-up, tho the Fighting Sioux were nowhere near what the Jacks are today

Comment

Originally posted by AU guy View Post
                      Next year's schedule is looking tough!!!

https://goaugie.com/news/2023/12/19/...s-in-2024.aspx
                      Great schedule. Kinda weird not seeing Augie vs. WSC on the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

Team meteor
                        On this we can agree.

Comment

Originally posted by AU guy View Post
                          Next year's schedule is looking tough!!!

https://goaugie.com/news/2023/12/19/...s-in-2024.aspx
                          Is Augie losing many players for next year?

Comment

Witt if you need someone to feed you stats at the SDSU-Augie game, you know where to find me :)

UMary1, Augie loses a lot, but has a lot behind it. Which makes each season unique, but they will be at the top again.

Maybe someone should start a thread about their team's graduating players (or out of eligibility.

badboyblynn, that UND team would get boat raced by this year's SDSU squad, but so would a lot of teams. That was one of Kalen's greatest coaching games, biggest thing was believing they could win.

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

Is Augie losing many players for next year?
                              Yes. On offense many, few on defense. See post #7 on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironlinks View Post
                                Witt if you need someone to feed you stats at the SDSU-Augie game, you know where to find me :)

UMary1, Augie loses a lot, but has a lot behind it. Which makes each season unique, but they will be at the top again.

Maybe someone should start a thread about their team's graduating players (or out of eligibility.

badboyblynn, that UND team would get boat raced by this year's SDSU squad, but so would a lot of teams. That was one of Kalen's greatest coaching games, biggest thing was believing they could win.
                                Aside from Montana State and Villanova - they really just went blowout to blowout. They treated the semi final game like it was practice. This has to be an all-time FCS team.

But they are losing a lot - just as Augie is. I told someone today that Bauman v. Gronowski would be a dream D1/D2 matchup.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X