Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    41-27 BSU..by my tally during the "game". I found it more interesting than I was anticipating..it was very game-like for the brunt of it. If I'm UMD, I'm a bit concerned with how the Beavers easily moved and scored on nearly every possession..and 3 long scores in the passing game. Both teams were sitting out their top guys, best I could tell. BSU seemed motivated to get McGath (QB) more #1 game reps..as he was often the wildcat guy for them on a weekly basis otherwise. He was impressive..hitting his first 3 or 4 passes right away and looking sharp..as did the 2nd and 3rd guys at signal caller. It felt like BSU was saying to everyone, "don't expect a down year without our gunslinger Alt.." UMD also had some strong moments, mostly in the running game. They missed a deep shot on the 2nd play of the deal to Ames that would've been a long score. I thought their QB's looked better than worse but their backs showed potential.

All said, I think it was very beneficial to both teams..especially since they don't meet during the year..which is dumb..but it's the last year of this schedule model and then hopefully things are better.
    As far as the realness of it, loved seeing a small portion of the UMD band there! Music was incorporated well. Laughed when UMD’s coach challenged a spot, but it gives everyone (including officials) a chance to be practiced up

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeFBGuy View Post

As far as the realness of it, loved seeing a small portion of the UMD band there! Music was incorporated well. Laughed when UMD’s coach challenged a spot, but it gives everyone (including officials) a chance to be practiced up
      The challenge was done intentionally as an exercise for the officials to try out the mechanics of replay. They had it setup for USF as well..but then found out the camera near the end zone wasn't powered (eh boy)..and never tested the process out during the game. Head of officials Justin Ingalls was there for it and such in SF..where he also resides.

The cheerleaders were there at UMD also....I liked that game-like feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

The challenge was done intentionally as an exercise for the officials to try out the mechanics of replay. They had it setup for USF as well..but then found out the camera near the end zone wasn't powered (eh boy)..and never tested the process out during the game. Head of officials Justin Ingalls was there for it and such in SF..where he also resides.

The cheerleaders were there at UMD also....I liked that game-like feel.
        I figured that was the case for the replay, it made another fun "new" thing during the game

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X