Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC 2024 Spring Scrimmage Games

Keep in mind that just like the COVID year, there will be Spring Scrimmage games that squads can now play..allowed by the NCAA. I'd expect to see teams who don't play each other during a season matching up for this kinda thing..or better yet, an out-of-conference contest. I wouldn't expect many teams in the NSIC to get on a flight for this..but I do think most coaching staffs will line up a "game" (often a glorified one-day scrimmage/practice) with another team just to spice things up for their guys and a pay-off for their hard work during that window of time.

Please post any of these Spring Games as you hear of them..right here.

I've heard talk about the possibility of Wayne State meeting up with Chadron..which makes a ton of sense being in-state and maybe being able to draw local fans....and I'd heard talk of USF and Black Hills doing the same.

Whatever the Spring Games might be..at least it gives us fans a little carrot that's being dangled before next fall and the regular season slate.
    Last edited by Matt Witwicki; 01-11-2024, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Hearing talk of Bemidji State going to Duluth for a Spring deal..as they do not play each other this year..which is a separate thing that I'm not a big fan of..nearby conference rivals not facing off in a given year via the schedule.

Also talk for Spring of Mary at Northern.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
        Hearing talk of Bemidji State going to Duluth for a Spring deal..as they do not play each other this year..which is a separate thing that I'm not a big fan of..nearby conference rivals not facing off in a given year via the schedule.

Bemidji and Duluth not playing in the regular season is a giant miss. That game should be a yearly staple and scheduled around. Not terribly difficult. That sucks.

Comment

Oddly, the Mavs are not playing Southwest or Winona in the fall. So either of them would be interesting. A three way scrimmage would be helpful.

Comment

Interesting. Had not heard a peep about Northern and Mary.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Bemidji and Duluth not playing in the regular season is a giant miss. That game should be a yearly staple and scheduled around. Not terribly difficult. That sucks.
              Time to establish a protected "rivalry game", "nearby opponent" or whatever you want to call it. But, BSU/Moorhead compete for the Battle Axe, which is one of the oldest traveling trophies, so that would/should probably be it for BSU.
              Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by Millsy View Post

Time to establish a protected "rivalry game", "nearby opponent" or whatever you want to call it. But, BSU/Moorhead compete for the Battle Axe, which is one of the oldest traveling trophies, so that would/should probably be it for BSU.
                In one hand I'm glad the Travelling Trainers Kit will always stay in Mankato, but on the other hand....Football isn't the same without beating Cloud every year. Kick them out of the NSIC already.

Comment

Confirmed Northern will have a game this spring. Unclear on who the opponent will be

Comment

Northern will play Mankato. Location not confirmed as of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

100% agree!! There should be protected games that are played every year! Especially with some of the longer trips in the NSIC, Wayne and Augie not playing and that is Wayne's closest opponent and always a good matchup.

Comment

WSC vs Chadron spring scrimmage confirmed. Saturday 4/20 in Wayne America

Comment

Originally posted by TJE_ View Post
                          Northern will play Mankato. Location not confirmed as of yet.
                          Hearing talk of possibly seeing this game being played "half way" for both squads..and on turf (soggy time of year for grass in MN/SD)....location possibly being in Sioux Falls, Howard Wood Field.

Comment

Hearing talk of possibly seeing this game being played "half way" for both squads..and on turf (soggy time of year for grass in MN/SD)....location possibly being in Sioux Falls, Howard Wood Field.
                            Correct. Or maybe even SDSU

Comment

Originally posted by TJE_ View Post

Correct. Or maybe even SDSU
                              Heard no-go for SDSU.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X