Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Most conferences are using a system that comes with it's own cameras. It's really affordable. Like less than 5 grand if I remember correctly.

The thing I've liked most about it is that targeting calls are reviewed.
    I believe that's a three camera setup.

Correcting targeting calls is big. I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
      Kinda cool. So long as we're not reviewing every missed holding call
      I know you were probably joking, but that's not reviewable.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

I would assume it only be used for targeting, out of bounds, completed catch, line of gain...similar do what D1 does. The NFL made pass interference review able and that only lasted 1 season.
        A little off-topic, but I don't really understand why the NFL ran away from it. It's worked fine in Canada. The problem is with how long referees take with reviews, not what they're reviewing.

That said, would probably be a disaster trying to review PI with the cameras they have at the D2 level.

Comment

Originally posted by D2Rover View Post

A little off-topic, but I don't really understand why the NFL ran away from it. It's worked fine in Canada. The problem is with how long referees take with reviews, not what they're reviewing.

That said, would probably be a disaster trying to review PI with the cameras they have at the D2 level.
          I don't recall any interference calls being overturned so maybe it didn't work out like they thought it would. Felt like it was more of a overreaction to the Saints - Rams NFC championship game then anything else

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
            I look at it like when they start making us pay. I told Jen Flowers tis summer, I am ok with paying a fee for the feed if it is good. Money well spent. But if I pay and get the Crookston feed that misses half the game I will want a refund. She agreed 100%. I think that is probably the comment they get most. Folks will pay if a good product. But they you can't have a lousy feed that doesn't stream and misses action.
            Based on the MIAA, there will be absolutely no guarantee of quality for the price you pay.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

I don't recall any interference calls being overturned so maybe it didn't work out like they thought it would. Felt like it was more of a overreaction to the Saints - Rams NFC championship game then anything else
              I looked it up and it appears there were 13 pass interference rulings overturned out of 81 challenge attempts. Allowing PI to be reviewed was implemented as a one-year only rule and could have been made permanent had it been brought to a vote, but after the first year trial nobody brought it to a vote.

I do remember one Vikings game where they were reviewing a different call, but then in the midst of things decided to overturn the non call of pass interference. The pass interference was completely unrelated to what was getting challenged. That one got lots of people riled up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
                I looked it up and it appears there were 13 pass interference rulings overturned out of 81 challenge attempts. Allowing PI to be reviewed was implemented as a one-year only rule and could have been made permanent had it been brought to a vote, but after the first year trial nobody brought it to a vote.

I do remember one Vikings game where they were reviewing a different call, but then in the midst of things decided to overturn the non call of pass interference. The pass interference was completely unrelated to what was getting challenged. That one got lots of people riled up.
                I believe it was OPI on Dalvin Cook in the end zone. Or he caught the pass. And it was against the packers.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I know you were probably joking, but that's not reviewable.
                  Yeah, I was being sarcastic in that specific sense.

My only opposition to replays is I like the brisk pace of the game with the new rules and would like to see that remain largely intact. It's probably not a big deal in football, but some sports I follow reviews really add to the overall duration.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X