Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    I think a best-case situation that would come out of this for NSIC fans is if these guys are still brought back on a "seasonal" basis, essentially hired each year for the basketball season to still provide similar content. However, I absolutely understand that it's no way for those people to make a living and at the end of the day this sucks for these guys, and I don't expect them to take an offer like that.

What I personally expect is that this pushes the NSIC to return to "high seed hosts" basketball tournaments at some point. Midco was a big part of the push to move to Sioux Falls, and without that I think putting out a good quality broadcast is going to be more difficult if you're outsourcing announcers and broadcast crews.
    I think the Pentagon still offers a tremendous asset to the league as a venue. With or without Midco. That said, I could see a diet-version of the Midco coverage being done..as they will be freelancing talent and such for game coverage. Maybe I'm crazy, but I really don't think the league office wants to move/change this venue and situation if they can help it. They REALLY see their setup at the Pentagon as a huge win for the conference an the venue knows how to make it feel big-time.

Comment

NorthernSunExperience

If you sign on at all anymore, come see the love. You deserved better. The NSIC board brothers wish you the best, as you brought us the best. Thank you 👍🏻

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

I think the Pentagon still offers a tremendous asset to the league as a venue. With or without Midco. That said, I could see a diet-version of the Midco coverage being done..as they will be freelancing talent and such for game coverage. Maybe I'm crazy, but I really don't think the league office wants to move/change this venue and situation if they can help it. They REALLY see their setup at the Pentagon as a huge win for the conference an the venue knows how to make it feel big-time.
        Matt, Really sorry to lose David Brown a true friend of the NSIC. It's my assumption that Midco's contract with Augustana is 90% hockey. Certainly hope they continue to broadcast the league's basketball tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

CBS Sports also started to scoop up more Summit League games this season including taking the Conference Championship from ESPN
          I believe they signed on for 6 events per season, plus the championship game. Midco covered the first couple rounds

Comment

Here was a release by Midco yesterday....after the news had hit twitter..
            https://x.com/MidcoSports/status/177...831608466?s=20

Comment

Midco negotiating for CCHA broadcast rights. CCHA is home to MSU, Bemidji, and Augustana hockey.

https://www.therinklive.com/mens-col...ights-for-ccha

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X