Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

Let's go!!!!! Live. Laugh. LUVERNE!
    Those Luverne teams were awesome back then - I think they're still doing okay now. I saw first saw Nelson/Smedsrud play on the tarmac at the St. Paul Airport. Such a fun day!

Nelson was a solid running back too. We could have used him at SMSU.

EDIT: Wow - I was wrong. Toby Sengvongxay beat both of them to the professional ranks - he skated 13 games in the SPHL. Really a testament to how good those Cardinal teams were back then.
    Last edited by SW_Mustang; 04-02-2024, 09:07 AM.

Comment

I signed up for Frozen Four pre-sale back in November and good lord tickets were expensive, upper level tickets for all three games were $600 plus. Lower level championship tickets have been going for $300+. Had a chance to buy some back in 2018 for close to $100, wishing I had done that now. That being said Go Blue!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
        Watching the Goofers get bounced was awesome. I wore my Stampede jersey since I didn't have anything BU on it to support Sam Stevens. Jaxon Nelson got the biggest reception of the night from the Cardinal, Gopher, and Herd faithful - which was kinda neat though. I do like that guy.

Kinda crazy that both captains for the Goofs are from SWMN, which is the least hockey-crazed part of MN.

I hung around a bit after the game until BU was off the ice - their pep band blasted music through the convention center hallway as they left (which I enjoyed). Before anyone complains about them being rude, SF Arena was hosting quad/lawnmower racing at the same time which was far more loud.
        No complaints here, I'm pro pep band all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

No complaints here, I'm pro pep band all the way.
          There's a hotel connected to the other end of the hallway - sometimes that ruffles feathers. I doubt they heard it over the roar of souped up lawnmowers.

They warmed up outside of the hotel pre-game and it lofted into the baseball stadium and sounded great.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

There's a hotel connected to the other end of the hallway - sometimes that ruffles feathers. I doubt they heard it over the roar of souped up lawnmowers.

They warmed up outside of the hotel pre-game and it lofted into the baseball stadium and sounded great.
            Did someone say mowers?
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EPEK1KtNac

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post
              "You look like you could use a wallet, would you like to make a wallet?"

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X