Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

Last edited by Jackets-Fan; 09-17-2018, 02:23 PM. Reason: Fix typo's in Reiners name

Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

Comment

I have to admit that I did not know half of these issues with BH and I hope they can find some answers. This is an informative post and #5 and number #6 can also be applied to CSU Pueblo

Comment

Originally posted by WalterCampFan View Post
        I have to admit that I did not know half of these issues with BH and I hope they can find some answers. This is an informative post and #5 and number #6 can also be applied to CSU Pueblo
        Except Pueblo can't recruit QBs so they've never had a 4 year starter. Perhaps not even a 3 year starter actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
          Except Pueblo can't recruit QBs so they've never had a 4 year starter. Perhaps not even a 3 year starter actually.
          True statement and to think the head coach was a college QB. :bulgy-eyes:

Comment

Hoping our SD brethren to the west can get it figured it out, didn't realize it had been that bad in the hills. Know a few former jacket players, good dudes. Interested in what their thoughts are on the current staff. Would be a lot of fun for BH and Mines (sorry Jackets) to become playoff teams and meet up with the Coo someday. The old SDIC. Heck if the NSIC ever allowed non-con games these could be fun games and road trips as well.
            4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
            2016 NSIC Champions
            🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Pueblo can recruit JuCo Quarterbacks. Bonner and Dausin both came to CSUP proven college football players.

Comment

Originally posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post
                Pueblo can recruit JuCo Quarterbacks. Bonner and Dausin both came to CSUP proven college football players.
                As did Edwards. I'm talking recruiting out of high school, which gives guys more than 2 years to be in the program. Imagine Bonner having had a RS year, then a year to backup Dausin, and then 3 years to start in the same program and culture.

Comment

As did Edwards. I'm talking recruiting out of high school, which gives guys more than 2 years to be in the program. Imagine Bonner having had a RS year, then a year to backup Dausin, and then 3 years to start in the same program and culture.
                  Both Lamphere and Christian were recruited out of high school. So was AJ Thompson, but he never really developed passing skills.

Comment

Originally posted by WalterCampFan View Post
                    Both Lamphere and Christian were recruited out of high school. So was AJ Thompson, but he never really developed passing skills.
                    They were and Lamphere looked good in panic duty vs Fort Lewis but he's not seen meaningful game time. Can't really state that he's a successful QB recruit yet.

Comment

Whew. 5&6 belong to some teams in the CIAA too. I feel your pain!

Comment

Thank you for saying what everyone in Spearfish is thinking!!! This coaching staff is awful!! Reiners is completely out of his depth as a Head Coach in D2. He is a poor recruiter and a proven loser. He and his entire staff need to go. We also need to call out the University Administration. They need to get out of their NAIA mindset and step up to the demands and standards of NCAA D2 Football. With the right infrastructure BHSU could be a great program with good support. Instead it is almost an afterthought to the local community....

Comment

As far as scholarships go. In the DAC, BHSU was second to last in scholarships and was a top team for years under John Scott. BHSU was terrible before and has regressed since. Scott was a great coach, not every guys style but knew how to coach a team with lots going against them. Now is different, they have almost tripled the scholarships since then and made immense improvements to improve the schools image to D-2. The community of spearfish has never been very friendly to football and the high school team is absolutely horrible every year. Had one state team in the early 2000s and many of those guys played on the Scott teams.

Reiners has not really embraced the small amount of history of success that BHSU has had. When I go to games I never see Scott era guys at games. As one myself this is disappointing. I feel like the only reason they pretend to care is the hope of my wallet opening up. (too bad there's nothing in there) HA! With a guy like Jay Long I felt like he truly cared about past players that is probably a culture they have that he brought up to BHSU not sure why Reiners didn't bring the same thing.

I've heard Reiners also refer to Chadron as the 'team down south" trying to create some sort of rivalry there. This isn't Michigan-Ohio State, gotta prove it on the field. I used to fall into that thinking that BHSU can compete with Chadron. Apparently not. Jay Long is a good guy, and they have not shown him any respect for him leaving for an obviously better job where he used to play. I don't blame him at all and hate how they tried to used that as motivation back when Reiners took over.

I laugh at the idea of hearing Reiners yelling at his players. Wish I could have seen it.

I have realistic expectations for BHSU, but I agree. They need to win some games, SD Tech will be a big one. With Sullivan at QB for the Hardrockers I wonder if it might be a bloodbath. If so I think changes might need to be made.

Comment

What's the mood around spearfish after this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by CSCPRIDE View Post
                              What's the mood around spearfish after this weekend?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X