Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

Gridiron Bobby - :-) nice reply. Resort to name calling, it shows a lot of thought and intelligence. I don't disagree that the school and community need to back the program, that always helps. I'm a bit confused as to why you say Spearfish isn't "good recruiting territory". Apparently you have never been to Spearfish or the Black Hills area. It is a very beautiful place that a lot of people and potential student athletes love and has a lot to offer besides the school and sports. Have you been to Chadron, NE, Pueblo, CO or Grand Junction, CO or other RMAC schools who they compete with in recruiting? If I interpret your statements correctly, you are also blaming their current challenges on the players. Many of the players today were on the 7-4 team contributing in key spots. That year the ball bounced their way last year and this year, not so much. I blame coaching for much of the decline because they are not adapting their system to the strength of the players they have, nor are they really coming up with anything new and creative in their approach.
    Last edited by Jackets-Fan; 10-19-2018, 01:26 PM. Reason: missed quoting original post

Comment

Glad to see the team get a win finally. The players are not giving up and seem to be fighting hard. The live feeds have been horrific this year and it looked like highlands was afraid to play in the snow. I really thought they would get a win against Dixie, because they played really hard and gave themselves a chance. The following week agains SD Mines was disastrous, not going there. I still think the coaches are underperforming, but the passes by Ryan to 87 over the top were beautiful and had touch and were accurate. It was great to see them finally use a TE in their offense. Maybe they can win 3 games this year. Can they upset Mesa again? If the coaches want to save their jobs they better come up with something to pull off some more wins. Maybe it will snow, it seems they play better in snow.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackets-Fan View Post
        Gridiron Bobby - :-) nice reply. Resort to name calling, it shows a lot of thought and intelligence. I don't disagree that the school and community need to back the program, that always helps. I'm a bit confused as to why you say Spearfish isn't "good recruiting territory". Apparently you have never been to Spearfish or the Black Hills area. It is a very beautiful place that a lot of people and potential student athletes love and has a lot to offer besides the school and sports. Have you been to Chadron, NE, Pueblo, CO or Grand Junction, CO or other RMAC schools who they compete with in recruiting? If I interpret your statements correctly, you are also blaming their current challenges on the players. Many of the players today were on the 7-4 team contributing in key spots. That year the ball bounced their way last year and this year, not so much. I blame coaching for much of the decline because they are not adapting their system to the strength of the players they have, nor are they really coming up with anything new and creative in their approach.
        I've been to and through Spearfish many times. Awesome area. That has nothing to do with what I'm referring to. The population base in South Dakota, and also Wyoming is very low. No one is going to go to BH over Sioux Falls or Augie. So, my point is that there are up against it with their low scholarship allotment as it is, AND they are based in an area that has a very low population base to draw from. You are right, Chadron and Pueblo are not huge areas. But, Chadron is in a much better HS football state and they can compete against the other D-II's in their own state. They also have had much better luck with Wyoming kids. Pueblo is a dump, but they are right down the road from Denver. How is that not logical for you to figure out on your own? Also, name calling has to be done with idiots like you, doesn't necessarily reveal intelligence level by the one forced to tell it like it is. Also, you get what you pay for. What's Reiners make? 65k a year? Look it up.
        There are coordinators at the D-II level that make that. BH admin is doing it on the cheap. By the way, how's that two game win streak treating you?

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post
          I've been to and through Spearfish many times. Awesome area. That has nothing to do with what I'm referring to. The population base in South Dakota, and also Wyoming is very low. No one is going to go to BH over Sioux Falls or Augie. So, my point is that there are up against it with their low scholarship allotment as it is, AND they are based in an area that has a very low population base to draw from. You are right, Chadron and Pueblo are not huge areas. But, Chadron is in a much better HS football state and they can compete against the other D-II's in their own state. They also have had much better luck with Wyoming kids. Pueblo is a dump, but they are right down the road from Denver. How is that not logical for you to figure out on your own? Also, name calling has to be done with idiots like you, doesn't necessarily reveal intelligence level by the one forced to tell it like it is. Also, you get what you pay for. What's Reiners make? 65k a year? Look it up.
          There are coordinators at the D-II level that make that. BH admin is doing it on the cheap. By the way, how's that two game win streak treating you?
          Pueblo being close to Colorado Springs is equally as important, not as much for recruits (although they have pulled some great kids from the Springs), but for kids looking for a bigger town to go to on the weekends. Pueblo being a dump is rather relative when looking at other RMAC locations for a college kid. You ever been to Gunnison? There's a reason it has one of the worst retention rates in the country. You also don't have to drive far from either Grand Junction or Pueblo if you're looking for great views on a random weekend.

Comment

Your pop shots on Gunnison are getting old. Tearing down other RMAC towns is pure laziness on your part. The retention rate has improved significantly in the last 10 years, as has enrollment. It's an entirely different type of town than GJ or Pueblo. Skiing or snowboarding in CB is a huge draw for recruits as well. One of these days Western will knock off Pueblo and it will be great to see people like you whine about it.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
              Your pop shots on Gunnison are getting old. Tearing down other RMAC towns is pure laziness on your part. The retention rate has improved significantly in the last 10 years, as has enrollment. It's an entirely different type of town than GJ or Pueblo. Skiing or snowboarding in CB is a huge draw for recruits as well. One of these days Western will knock off Pueblo and it will be great to see people like you whine about it.
              Ok. Sorry it's not a destination town for college football players. First time I've mentioned Gunnison in, well I'm not even sure how long, so sounds like you need to relax a bit. It's not laziness, it's simply fact, sorry you don't like it. If skiing or boarding was such a huge draw I'd imagine Western would be competitive in football. However, it's simply not what those looking to play college football have high on their priority list. I apologize for hurting your feelings.
              Last edited by Turbonium; 10-24-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

P.S. I'd love for teams like Western to become competitive so the RMAC is respected and teams like Mesa, Mines, & Pueblo are better prepared for the postseason.

Comment

It was the 2nd time. You said the field was terrible last week during pickums. My feelings weren't hurt. I just don't like seeing my hometown dragged down. Just like if I added a W to the last name of your college town.

PS. They still lead the RMAC with 19 titles, so they've earned plenty of respect throughout the years.
                  Last edited by mountaineermagic; 10-25-2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Nvm. :good:
                    Last edited by Turbonium; 10-26-2018, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Reiners fired his Offensive Coordinator Evan Eastburn today. I suppose this will buy him some time...

Comment

Originally posted by BHSU Jacket Fan View Post
                        Reiners fired his Offensive Coordinator Evan Eastburn today. I suppose this will buy him some time...
                        The week they play Pueblo? Yikes.

Comment

Wow, I had no idea I was dealing with the most knowledgeable person on D2 football in America. I bet you have all this time to research and educate yourself because you live in your mom's basement and don't work for a living. Hope it's not getting too cold down there for you as Fall is turning to Winter. Good luck trolling other D2 blogs.

The two game winning streak is great, I'm a fan of BHSU Football and want to see them succeed which is why they need a change and this blog was started. As you probably already know since you are the most educated and knowledgeable person in America on D2 football, the OC was fired. An obvious attempt for Reiners to try and save his job. If they end up 3-8, which they should, he might survive and maybe a new OC will lead to better things in the future...Us real BH fans can only hope.

Comment

What other D2s in Nebraska does Chadron play? Looking at their roster they have no Omaha or Lincoln area kids. It's all Wyoming, West River SD, Northern CO, Western Nebraska, and out of area kids. Not different at all than BHSU. Reiners does make less but that has always been the case at BH that is about 20k more than previous head coaches made. Sounds like you have nothing but excuses, and why is it that everyone calls Chadron a dump and BHSU beautiful but that never seems to benefit BHSU? I think it's because football players don't care about that stuff. As far as other SD schools out there BHSU needs to do what Chadron does and find kids that don't or can't afford private school prices. They are out there whether it's east river or out of area. We alums are just so sick and tired of hearing coaches say that we have to be better and that they are up against it. I'm so sick of hearing they need better athletes. I can think of so many Scott era players that would be better than what is there now. I can be patient because I understand the top of the RMAC is very talented but I'm so sick of hearing that poor Reiners can't compete. Here's a goal or two that aren't unrealistic. Lose to Chadron by 14 or less every year. Win 2/3 of the SD tech games and average losses less than 10. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by BHer View Post
                              What other D2s in Nebraska does Chadron play? Looking at their roster they have no Omaha or Lincoln area kids. It's all Wyoming, West River SD, Northern CO, Western Nebraska, and out of area kids. Not different at all than BHSU. Reiners does make less but that has always been the case at BH that is about 20k more than previous head coaches made. Sounds like you have nothing but excuses, and why is it that everyone calls Chadron a dump and BHSU beautiful but that never seems to benefit BHSU? I think it's because football players don't care about that stuff. As far as other SD schools out there BHSU needs to do what Chadron does and find kids that don't or can't afford private school prices. They are out there whether it's east river or out of area. We alums are just so sick and tired of hearing coaches say that we have to be better and that they are up against it. I'm so sick of hearing they need better athletes. I can think of so many Scott era players that would be better than what is there now. I can be patient because I understand the top of the RMAC is very talented but I'm so sick of hearing that poor Reiners can't compete. Here's a goal or two that aren't unrealistic. Lose to Chadron by 14 or less every year. Win 2/3 of the SD tech games and average losses less than 10. I don't think that is too much to ask.
                              OK, rant time. I am one of the "Chadron is a dump" people and I also love Spearfish. (Side note: I am monitoring the forecasts for the Black Hills this weekend. I really want to make the trip up for CSU Pueblo game). But winning is a powerful thing in recruiting. As it stands kids that want immediate on field success almost certainly prefer Chadron over Black Hills. I know winning isn't easy or else everyone would do it right? But if BHSU were to start winning and build a culture of success I would bet with on field being equal, BHSU definitely gets the recruiting edge over Chadron. BHSU's website goes back to 2004. Reiners has been there since 2012 and I believe he has been the only head coach in the D2/RMAC era. He is 23-51 and 3-4 vs SD Mines. in the 8 years before that BHSU went 46-35 and were 9-4 against SDMT. (They played the Hardrockers 2 times on 4 occasions.) If I were a Yellowjackets fan, based on those numbers I think I would be right here with Jackets-Fan calling for change. I know you can argue a drop off would be expected with the switch to D2. But from 11 games over .500 to 28 games under? That is not acceptable in my estimation. And going from a significant edge over your in state rivals to losing more than you win, and definitely trending for the worse? Can't have it. I guess it's all on the BHSU administration. Are they fine with being also-rans or do they want something more? If they want more, then I agree with Jackets-Fan. Reiners has to go.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
                                OK, rant time. I am one of the "Chadron is a dump" people and I also love Spearfish. (Side note: I am monitoring the forecasts for the Black Hills this weekend. I really want to make the trip up for CSU Pueblo game). But winning is a powerful thing in recruiting. As it stands kids that want immediate on field success almost certainly prefer Chadron over Black Hills. I know winning isn't easy or else everyone would do it right? But if BHSU were to start winning and build a culture of success I would bet with on field being equal, BHSU definitely gets the recruiting edge over Chadron. BHSU's website goes back to 2004. Reiners has been there since 2012 and I believe he has been the only head coach in the D2/RMAC era. He is 23-51 and 3-4 vs SD Mines. in the 8 years before that BHSU went 46-35 and were 9-4 against SDMT. (They played the Hardrockers 2 times on 4 occasions.) If I were a Yellowjackets fan, based on those numbers I think I would be right here with Jackets-Fan calling for change. I know you can argue a drop off would be expected with the switch to D2. But from 11 games over .500 to 28 games under? That is not acceptable in my estimation. And going from a significant edge over your in state rivals to losing more than you win, and definitely trending for the worse? Can't have it. I guess it's all on the BHSU administration. Are they fine with being also-rans or do they want something more? If they want more, then I agree with Jackets-Fan. Reiners has to go.
                                I 100 percent agree. I'm willing to give Reiners another year but what you pointed out is exactly what I'm talking about. Those BH Tech games were blowouts in BH's favor also. The losses were usually about a point difference and felt more like an upset. The tide has turned as you know how this year went. To top it all off BH went from something like 9 full rides in the 2000s to 21-24 something now. Tech I'm told was near the 24 NAIA Max back in those days. So why the drop off? I think you point it out well here.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X