Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

Super bowl this weekend. Back when Scott got the job in the early 2000s the AD told him win the Tech game and you can coach here as long as you want. That still seems to be the standard. My gut says Sullivan plays well and beats us. Young QB got reps last week due and is likely the future. I didn't make the game though.

Comment

SD Mines looks like what BH wants go be. Creative offense with a mobile QB to make things difficult on more athletic defenses. I like the SD Mines offense, really takes advantage of what the defense gives, doesn't try to do things their players aren't able to.

Comment

I'm pulling for BH and Coach Reiner's... I know he is on the hot seat but he's a good dude and I'd like to see him win that game at least.

Comment

I agree he is a good guy. Hope that they get a win. Can't stand those techies!

Comment

Originally posted by BHer View Post
            I agree he is a good guy. Hope that they get a win. Can't stand those techies!
            The Trylams are up 28 to 7. BHSU has a literal hill to climb.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk in la junta View Post
              The Trylams are up 28 to 7. BHSU has a literal hill to climb.
              48 to 7@ the half. Them Dam nerds have opened a serious can of a s whoop

Comment

watching a little bit...brutal, just brutal

Comment

No surprise here, SDM offense is dangerous. BH is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                    No surprise here, SDM offense is dangerous. BH is not.
                    What an embarrassment. BH hasn't lost a game like that to tech since before I can even remember. What a terrible outing, lots of work to do. I'm not a fire Reiners guy yet but things better start getting better. Like the post said earlier other than Phydell Paris and Ward Anderson BH has been terrible offensively under Reiners.

Comment

Embarrassing and unacceptable!!

Comment

After taking some of this game in yesterday and thinking about it here's more of my take. Mines has a stud at QB... BH doesn't and that needs addressed right away. Secondly BH looks awful up front. Offensive line looks overweight and out of shape. I think the focus on recruiting for certain sizes has been something they have done for years instead of recruiting kids that can play. I do think in the next two years things between mines and BH will level out again as Sullivan will graduate and BH will have an opportunity to start fresh with a new QB. Looks like a long season will continue though. No more comparisons to Chadron, its time to focus on Black Hills State. Either bring guys in that can make your scheme work or find a different way. Would be interesting if BHSU played Dickinson State this year. Almost no doubt in my mind Dickinson would run all over BHSU. Yet BHSU fancies themselves better than their NAIA roots.

BHSU needs to start winning some local kids too. Why is it that Chadron has a QB from Gillette and Tech from Rapid City, while BHSU has a 4 year starter who can't stay healthy and isn't even comparable to the two. This needs to be the number 1 priority going into the off season. Maybe that guy is on the roster already. If so great, I have my doubts at this moment. QB doesn't have to be a local kid if he can play but why is it that both "rivals" have solid starters and BHSU doesn't? Gotta win those local kids as they have become few and far between. I think I saw that Chadron has something like 8 kids from St. Thomas Moore on their roster. Not sure if BH has even one!

Comment

Several former BHSU players at the game in Rapid City could be heard opening calling for a coaching change...

Comment

You're an idiot. Maybe the school should invest in football and get their scholarships up. They can hardly beat anyone in state on recruits, and Spearfish isn't anywhere close to a good recruiting territory. There are a lot of schools in the Dakotas and extremely low population base to draw from. They were 7-4 two years ago. Good years at places like BH come and go, that's how it's always gonna be. SD Mines at least has an academic curriculum that gives them a niche. But, you know everything because you're a long time fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post
                              You're an idiot. Maybe the school should invest in football and get their scholarships up. They can hardly beat anyone in state on recruits, and Spearfish isn't anywhere close to a good recruiting territory. There are a lot of schools in the Dakotas and extremely low population base to draw from. They were 7-4 two years ago. Good years at places like BH come and go, that's how it's always gonna be. SD Mines at least has an academic curriculum that gives them a niche. But, you know everything because you're a long time fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post
                                I felt jacket fan made some good points. BH has increased scholarships immensely. facilities are way better than they were 6 years ago. And we still can't win local recruits. My gut says our coaches aren't going after them like they should. Local kids are choosing CSC over BH for some reason. I think it's a complex deal but culture, tradition, and coaching is a big part of this. Mines is different because of different majors. Good years may come and go but all we hear is how BH isn't there yet athletically or in scholarships. That only lasts so long before you have to ask these questions that are being asked. Nobody is expecting that 7 and 4 needs to be the standard but right now that season looks like more like an exception to the rule and 3 or less win seasons the norm. It's about time BH stops making excuses.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X