Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with most of that.
    Last edited by TexasDigger; 10-07-2019, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDigger View Post

As Sergeant Schultz used to say so well - "I know nothing .... I see nothing" and I learned very early to say nothing.

Just amazed that the poor little ole slow nerds from Mines can even compete in any sport that CSUP plays seeing that CSUP has all that money & resources.
      I'd just love someone to post athletic budgets. They've been posted before but been a bit, they're all public just annoying to find at times.
      Last edited by Turbonium; 10-07-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

The RMAC is not even yet at the D2 cap for scholarships so this is false. And several years ago the RMAC was only even allowed 28 scholarships. CSUP won the national championship while competing near that limit of 28 compared to their competition being allowed 36. Also, you think D2 athletes are getting all of their tuition covered? I'd be surprised if anyone in the RMAC is on a full ride. Heck, it's likely almost unheard of in D2.

I'm not sure how long you've been around D2 football but with this and your SR4 projected rankings I'm guessing not a long time. None of your first found matchups will even take place as the NCAA tries to not pay for flights. To the point now where lower seeds can move super regions if it helps avoid said flights. Pueblo playing Mines will absolutely happen if they can make it happen. It's not about the correct matchups in D2, it's about saving money.
        Last edited by Turbonium; 10-07-2019, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

The RMAC is not even yet at the D2 cap for scholarships so this is false. And several years ago the RMAC was only even allowed 28 scholarships. CSUP won the national championship while competing near that limit of 28 compared to their competition being allowed 36. Also, you think D2 athletes are getting all of their tuition covered? I'd be surprised if anyone in the RMAC is on a full ride. Heck, it's likely almost unheard of in D2.

I'm not sure how long you've been around D2 football but with this and your SR4 projected rankings I'm guessing not a long time. None of your first found matchups will even take place as the NCAA tries to not pay for flights. To the point now where lower seeds can move super regions if it helps avoid said flights. Pueblo playing Mines will absolutely happen if they can make it happen. It's not about the correct matchups in D2, it's about saving money.

This is my first full year following D2 football -- started following last fall somewhat after it became apparent that I was going to have a rooting interest in it, LOL. I admit to being fairly ignorant to all the ins & outs financially, but I am starting to enjoy it. Looking forward to four more seasons after this one.

Comment

I'd just love someone to post athletic budgets. They've been posted before but been a bit, they're all public just annoying to find at times.

It would be very interesting. May not be what everybody thinks (including myself).

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDigger View Post

This is my first full year following D2 football -- started following last fall somewhat after it became apparent that I was going to have a rooting interest in it, LOL. I admit to being fairly ignorant to all the ins & outs financially, but I am starting to enjoy it. Looking forward to four more seasons after this one.
              Of course, enjoy it the best you can. You know it'll go fast.

There are just a lot of things that some aren't aware of as far as playoff seeding, or scholarships, or whatever it might be and often times misinformation is shared and confuses people, It's a lot to learn if one cares to do so, I knew I was going to be around more than 4-5 years so figured I'd look into it.

Comment

Possibly the worst I have seen Pueblo play in the last decade, many expected a letdown after all of the injuries, Chadron, Mines, and Commerce....but that was pretty ugly to watch. The Nerds probably deserved to win that game to be honest. They played hard but just couldn't protect the pocket, must not be real nerds
                While that was all in all a terrible performance at least they got it done. The two road losses to Fort Lewis have to go down as the worst performances in Pack history.

Comment

Comment

Azusa looks to be pretty down this year compared to what we have gotten used to. More interested to see if Mines can win a playoff game this year.
                    They won their first round against Southwest Baptist in 2016.

Comment

At the time they played MSU Mankato, the Mavericks were also under a scholarship limitation. That was a big thing when UMD won it in 2008 and 2010. I believe the NSIC went to the 36 DII limit starting with the 2018 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

At the time they played MSU Mankato, the Mavericks were also under a scholarship limitation. That was a big thing when UMD won it in 2008 and 2010. I believe the NSIC went to the 36 DII limit starting with the 2018 season.
                        Yes, believe your timeline is correct. How about the same season when they played Sam Houston, Angelo, Ohio Dominican, and West Georgia?

Comment

Are you aware of the changes for this year's playoff system?

Comment

Originally posted by togthorn View Post

They won their first round against Southwest Baptist in 2016.
                            I mean... I'll leave it at that.

Comment

[QUOTE=we$l3Y;n433336]

Comment

Of course it is possible. Didn't say it's not. Look what happens if you supposedly put your whole defensive line on full rides while having, I'd guess under, 20 total scholarships for your entire team. Lol.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X