Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has to be the longest thread on this forum that didn't have to do with CSU-P.

Comment

Really hope my son is NOT able to come home for Thanksgiving . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by togthorn View Post
        This has to be the longest thread on this forum that didn't have to do with CSU-P.
        About time someone else cared about their team.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

The S&C coach is great! But how can you not put restrooms and drinking fountains in a weight room is beyond me. I understand it's just 60 feet way from the building, but you do have to change buildings to take a leak! That could be a real bummer in the winter!
          It was pushed for, trust me. It took a fight just to get them to put windows in the S&C coach's office...

Comment

I am still wondering what would happen in the seedings if Dixie somehow beats the Orediggers, and 3 RMAC teams finish with a 10 - 1 record. With the NSIC playing a closed schedule, and the LSC fans thinking they are all mighty. Tarleton has only a 9 game schedule. Midwestern is out of the picture. Angelo St. is playing well above expectations, but at West Texas this weekend where expectations have not been met yet by the local fans despite a 5 -1 record. WT has been know for a upset or two. Just sayin. Still to early in the mid season. But TexasDigger could your family possibly bring a Turkey dinner to him? I know, but you don't have to worry about the Texas - Texas A&M game. The players are on their own for meals during T-day break.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

About time someone else cared about their team.
              And we don't always have to talk about CSUP. I can be nice sometimes!

Comment

It was pushed for, trust me. It took a fight just to get them to put windows in the S&C coach's office...
                Maybe in phase 2, the watering hole and restrooms can be added including on the roof for the beer drinkers!

Comment

I am still wondering what would happen in the seedings if Dixie somehow beats the Orediggers, and 3 RMAC teams finish with a 10 - 1 record. With the NSIC playing a closed schedule, and the LSC fans thinking they are all mighty. Tarleton has only a 9 game schedule. Midwestern is out of the picture. Angelo St. is playing well above expectations, but at West Texas this weekend where expectations have not been met yet by the local fans despite a 5 -1 record. WT has been know for a upset or two. Just sayin. Still to early in the mid season. But TexasDigger could your family possibly bring a Turkey dinner to him? I know, but you don't have to worry about the Texas - Texas A&M game. The players are on their own for meals during T-day break.

Would love for Mines to play either Tarleton or Angelo in the playoffs as we have local boys on both teams that my son either played with or against. Screw the tsips - they need the game more than we do (little history lesson for some of y'all .... tsips are what we Aggies call the Bevo lovers over in Austin - back in the day, A&M was all male military school full of poor country boys and U of Texas was where all the big city slicker rich kids went ... hence the tea sippers or tsips). Anyway, screw them and their ****ty conference, but I digress. If Mines makes it to the 2nd round, I'm guessing we will try to make it to wherever the game is. I am not worried about him eating that week - he'll be taken care of.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDigger View Post

Would love for Mines to play either Tarleton or Angelo in the playoffs as we have local boys on both teams that my son either played with or against. Screw the tsips - they need the game more than we do (little history lesson for some of y'all .... tsips are what we Aggies call the Bevo lovers over in Austin - back in the day, A&M was all male military school full of poor country boys and U of Texas was where all the big city slicker rich kids went ... hence the tea sippers or tsips). Anyway, screw them and their ****ty conference, but I digress. If Mines makes it to the 2nd round, I'm guessing we will try to make it to wherever the game is. I am not worried about him eating that week - he'll be taken care of.
                    I am familiar with Texas, A&M and the others in the old SWC. I was stationed Reese AFB in Lubbock for 7 years! I have a copy of the 1001 Aggie Jokes. And I love see TT upset both schools when it happens. Just kidding about being taken care of during the break. But I bet he will miss the home cookin' for Thanksgiving. Thinking about making the drive up to Mines to see the Dixie game. Should be a good one.

Comment

I am familiar with Texas, A&M and the others in the old SWC. I was stationed Reese AFB in Lubbock for 7 years! I have a copy of the 1001 Aggie Jokes. And I love see TT upset both schools when it happens. Just kidding about being taken care of during the break. But I bet he will miss the home cookin' for Thanksgiving. Thinking about making the drive up to Mines to see the Dixie game. Should be a good one.

Tech (or Tards as we call them) ... the STD capital of Texas colleges. They also have a problem with throwing small batteries at the opposing team from the student section. Also the 'Safety' school for any kid that can't get into A&M or UT. But other than that, it's a good school and at least they didn't act little *****es when A&M said FU to the Big 12 (well to Texas & Deloss Dodds specifically) back in 2011. So I guess they are my favorite team in the Big 12-2-1-1+2 conference. Aggie Jokes were written by Aggies. Go figure. My favorite is 'what do you call an Aggie 4 years after graduation?' ... 'Boss!'

The Dixie game will be my first Mines game in person -- looking forward to it (and taking my son to eat a giant steak somewhere).

Comment

Not sure you want to hope to play Tarleton this year. Guessing we see a Mines - Pueblo match-up again to start though, all about saving that $$$.

Comment

Not sure you want to hope to play Tarleton this year. Guessing we see a Mines - Pueblo match-up again to start though, all about saving that $$$.

As long as both Mines & Pueblo take care of business, I'm sure you are right about the first round. Hey, if somebody is gonna win it all this year, they are going to have to beat Tarleton at some point in my opinion, so 2nd round, 3rd round whatever ... let's do it. Would not surprise me to see them win it all this year.

Comment

Tech (or Tards as we call them) ... the STD capital of Texas colleges. They also have a problem with throwing small batteries at the opposing team from the student section. Also the 'Safety' school for any kid that can't get into A&M or UT. But other than that, it's a good school and at least they didn't act little *****es when A&M said FU to the Big 12 (well to Texas & Deloss Dodds specifically) back in 2011. So I guess they are my favorite team in the Big 12-2-1-1+2 conference. Aggie Jokes were written by Aggies. Go figure. My favorite is 'what do you call an Aggie 4 years after graduation?' ... 'Boss!'

The Dixie game will be my first Mines game in person -- looking forward to it (and taking my son to eat a giant steak somewhere).
                            I guess someone has to guard the inmates from Longhorn country. My Nephew is a graduate from the Corps of Cadets at A&M and a Major in the Army. His mom lived in Austin and I offered to paint the house in A&M colors when I saw a few houses in the neighborhood painted with Burnt Orange trim. So my boys painted it in the colors they wanted. It's a shame they didn't want to show some Aggie pride. I guess the big A&M I had a vision of for the garage doors was a bit too much! TT was always will be the underdog. That's why I liked them. Lots of Steak houses in Colorado including Texas Roadhouse. Saltgrass Steak house is few and far between in Colorado but they are here.

Comment

I guess someone has to guard the inmates from Longhorn country. My Nephew is a graduate from the Corps of Cadets at A&M and a Major in the Army. His mom lived in Austin and I offered to paint the house in A&M colors when I saw a few houses in the neighborhood painted with Burnt Orange trim. So my boys painted it in the colors they wanted. It's a shame they didn't want to show some Aggie pride. I guess the big A&M I had a vision of for the garage doors was a bit too much! TT was always will be the underdog. That's why I liked them. Lots of Steak houses in Colorado including Texas Roadhouse. Saltgrass Steak house is few and far between in Colorado but they are here.

I was the first male in my family to NOT join the Corp ... would have been 4th Generation A&M Corp. My dad was not too happy with me about that decision but he got over it. Just like I had to get over my son going to Mines .. he would have been 5th Gen Aggie from my family, but I quickly got over it as well.

Comment

Tarleton's gonna have 11 wins this year with one of them being against FCS Stephen F. Austin (1 - 5) and the other against NAIA Doane University (4 - 3). Just 9 DIV II games.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X