Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 1 Games

Surprised there was no thread made to discuss this weeks games.

Here are the results of Thursday night's games.

Chadron State 35 Quincy 34
    Grand Valley State 28 Colorado Mines 31
    New Mexico Highlands 26 Eastern New Mexico 28

Friday Game
    Valley City vs South Dakota Mines

Saturday Games
    Fort Lewis vs William Jewell
    Black Hills State vs St. Thomas
    Texas A&M Kingsville vs Colorado Mesa
    West Texas A&M vs Western Colorado
    Lincoln (Cal) vs Adams State
    Midwestern State vs CSU-Pueblo

Incredible game from both Mines and GVSU! Ended being super close but I think Mines looked like the clear better team. The conservative play calling when up big combined with the onside kick really hurt them. Matocha looked like the best player in D2 and Max McCleod is such a deadly threat. Excited to see more from Noah Roper; he was electric in his first for Mines.

Hope they keep rolling next week against Angelo. Such a tough start of the season.

Comment

I was surprised by the Mines game. I thought GV was too good up front to lose that one. I was wrong.. It sounds like it was a really fun 4th quarter to watch, though..

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
        Surprised there was no thread made to discuss this weeks games.

Here are the results of Thursday night's games.

Chadron State 35 Quincy 34
        Grand Valley State 28 Colorado Mines 31
        New Mexico Highlands 26 Eastern New Mexico 28

Friday Game
        Valley City vs South Dakota Mines

Saturday Games
        Fort Lewis vs William Jewell
        Black Hills State vs St. Thomas
        Texas A&M Kingsville vs Colorado Mesa
        West Texas A&M vs Western Colorado
        Lincoln (Cal) vs Adams State
        Midwestern State vs CSU-Pueblo
        I am not surprised there being no thread. Supports from CO Mines are missing or just dont care to post. I am glad you did post. Highlands score surprised me a little, but Eastern has a new HC.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          I was surprised by the Mines game. I thought GV was too good up front to lose that one. I was wrong.. It sounds like it was a really fun 4th quarter to watch, though..
          I was mildly surprised at the flow of play as well. The only real running game the Lakers had was QB scrambles. Their QB only completed 50% of his passes, but he sure made big and clutch plays. But the running back got nothing going. The Lakers also got a couple of big runs early getting a motion guy around the edge, but Mines did a good job of adjusting to that without getting vulnerable up the middle. Their front 7 looked really good.

GV did get two huge gains on stop and go patterns on their right side. Given how much space the Laker receivers generally had, it's surprising the stop and go was so open - and I mean receivers standing there, waiting for the ball to come down, and still having time to turn and run after the catch. Better passing teams will take advantage of Mines on the back side.

Game was nearly a complete reversal of last year. Lakers did a good job of keeping their heads up when Mines got up by 21 and their offense had a stretch of not getting a lot of traction. Being mentally tough is an underrated ability, GV (and Mines) has that going for them.

Great game to start the season!

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

I am not surprised there being no thread. Supports from CO Mines are missing or just dont care to post. I am glad you did post. Highlands score surprised me a little, but Eastern has a new HC.
            I was at the game. I’d rather not be staring at my phone in that environment. I’m busy watching. If it were a random road game I’d probably jump on but not a home game against #3. I hope that’s true for most of the Mines regulars here.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

Most people don’t even know about this message board, too much competition with social media. Great to see Mines take care of business. Next week should be another good game!

Comment

Quick question. On the GLIAC board a lot of the posters are complaining about Mines goal post are too short. I have never heard that complaint before. Is that just in their heads?

Comment

Originally posted by togthorn View Post
                  Quick question. On the GLIAC board a lot of the posters are complaining about Mines goal post are too short. I have never heard that complaint before. Is that just in their heads?
                  No idea. Seems they just have to whine because they lost to a team in a conference many of them have put down in the past. GV hasn't made it to the NC in however long while 2 RMAC teams have. Bunch of divas over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

No idea. Seems they just have to whine because they lost to a team in a conference many of them have put down in the past. GV hasn't made it to the NC in however long while 2 RMAC teams have. Bunch of divas over there.
                    Meh… that kick was good regardless of how high the post was. They didn’t have a great angle on tv and the angle from the bleachers is not ideal but look at the players. The kicker knew it was good before it went through.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post

Meh… that kick was good regardless of how high the post was. They didn’t have a great angle on tv and the angle from the bleachers is not ideal but look at the players. The kicker knew it was good before it went through.
                      Yeah, that's an absolute confirmation (LOL).. Just like the olineman signaling first down on a short yardage play. Or a fumble recovery. I don't recall ever seeing a player signal that his team came up short or the other team got possession.
                      I'm not whining, but it is a fact that those posts are short for college. Personally, I can never tell if a kick is good or not. But that winner looked weak. I know GV's HC Wooster was miffed about it, and he's competitive, but realistic. And yes, I've seen more doinkers than I thought would ever be possible. When there's nothing to hit though, who knows? But, you guys were tough and won it on that last drive. Maybe we'll meet again later. And I don't know what happened to GV after that no call in the end zone, then missed field goal. GV went to sleep for 2 quarters (though maybe Mines just stepped it up for 2 Qs too)

I thought GV's D could handle Mines better this season, but our backend seemed to play soft. And either he played poorly or you guys kept plays away from our AA Swanson (LB.) Also, your D line did well vs our Oline. I hope some of GV's line performance was first game issues since I felt both should be one of our strengths. We'll see a bit over the next couple of games.

It came to be an exciting game, but neither team rolled each other. As is often the case in close contests, the losing team likely has a lot of "if onlies" to think about.

If we get a solid win this week vs CSU, you could feel pretty good with this win. If it's tight or worse, well, I think you see my point.

Good luck for you guys the rest of the season.

BTW, Golden is a great town.

Comment

Goalposts with uprights not tall enough is a great pet peeve of mine in football. Unless, its cost-analysis thing with strength of material, gravity, wind, I don't understand why they need to be so short.

The NFL recently made their uprights taller, but I still see kicks go over the top of the upright.

Comment

Friday night football- SD Mines defeats Valley City State 31-14

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Yeah, that's an absolute confirmation (LOL).. Just like the olineman signaling first down on a short yardage play. Or a fumble recovery. I don't recall ever seeing a player signal that his team came up short or the other team got possession.
                            I'm not whining, but it is a fact that those posts are short for college. Personally, I can never tell if a kick is good or not. But that winner looked weak. I know GV's HC Wooster was miffed about it, and he's competitive, but realistic. And yes, I've seen more doinkers than I thought would ever be possible. When there's nothing to hit though, who knows? But, you guys were tough and won it on that last drive. Maybe we'll meet again later. And I don't know what happened to GV after that no call in the end zone, then missed field goal. GV went to sleep for 2 quarters (though maybe Mines just stepped it up for 2 Qs too)

I thought GV's D could handle Mines better this season, but our backend seemed to play soft. And either he played poorly or you guys kept plays away from our AA Swanson (LB.) Also, your D line did well vs our Oline. I hope some of GV's line performance was first game issues since I felt both should be one of our strengths. We'll see a bit over the next couple of games.

It came to be an exciting game, but neither team rolled each other. As is often the case in close contests, the losing team likely has a lot of "if onlies" to think about.

If we get a solid win this week vs CSU, you could feel pretty good with this win. If it's tight or worse, well, I think you see my point.

Good luck for you guys the rest of the season.

BTW, Golden is a great town.
                            Fair enough point though I would say there is a big difference between signaling and celebrating. I’m glad you enjoyed Golden. It’s a great little community. Best to you the rest of the season too! Go win the GLIAC!

Also, I really hope they renew this series. This has been some of the most compelling football I’ve watched the last few years.

Comment

Fort Lewis loses to William Jewell 42-6. Ugggghhhhh

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X