• Show
Clear All

• RMAC Week 4 Pickem

Here are the games this week:

SD Mines (-3.5) @ Highlands Western Colorado (-25.5) @ Chadron
    Black Hills (-4.5) @ Colorado Mesa
    Colorado Mines (-18.5) @ Pueblo
    Fort Lewis @ Adams State ( -14.5)

Bonus Game: West Texas @ Permian Basin (-9.5)

RMAC Connection: Over on the LSC Board, the West Texas fans think the sky is falling. But Western Colorado may be better than anyone knew. Both teams played Western and at 2:1 could be in contention for the LSC crown. Could be playoff implications.
    Last edited by GoneBlastin; 09-18-2023, 11:43 AM.

SD Mines (-3.5) @ Highlands
    Western Colorado (-25.5) @ Chadron - what a crazy spread, who would've believed this just a couple seasons ago lol
    Colorado Mines (-18.5) @ Pueblo - Last year all over again for Pueblo, big win over a bad Midwestern team followed by 3 losses. This one will be UGLY.

Comment

SD Mines (-3.5) @ Highlands SDM pulls away by 14
      Western Colorado (-25.5) @ Chadron a bad Chadron team parlayed with a rising WC team, but Chadron gets the backdoor cover 10-27
      Black Hills (-4.5) @ Colorado Mesa I'll take CM to win outright 31-27
      Colorado Mines (-18.5) @ Pueblo - I think CSUP offense answers this week with a few points and the defense has been stout all year Mines wins 20-16
      Fort Lewis @ Adams State ( -14.5) the game ASU has been looking for 38-10

Bonus Game: West Texas @ Permian Basin (-9.5) WT beginning to show life and PB hasn't been to the well yet, UTPB 23-20

This data is for informational purposes only and if you are wagering any money on these selections, please seek help! 1 800-655-2815

Comment

Originally posted by Buff90 View Post
        [B]

This data is for informational purposes only and if you are wagering any money on these selections, please seek help! 1 800-655-2815
        Definitely! I don't even know where you'd find someone to give you a line on these games but if you did I am not sure they'd be wholly reputable. These numbers come from Bill Connelly's SP+ statistical model.

Comment

SD Mines (-3.5) @ Highlands SDM pulls away by 14
          Western Colorado (-25.5) @ Chadron a bad Chadron team parlayed with a rising WC team, but Chadron gets the backdoor cover 10-27
          Black Hills (-4.5) @ Colorado Mesa I'll take CM to win outright 31-27
          Colorado Mines (-18.5) @ Pueblo - I think CSUP offense answers this week with a few points and the defense has been stout all year Mines wins 20-16
          Fort Lewis @ Adams State ( -14.5) the game ASU has been looking for 38-10

Bonus Game: West Texas @ Permian Basin (-9.5) WT beginning to show life and PB hasn't been to the well yet, UTPB 23-20

I think you've been watching film from 2014 or something. Pueblo's defense has been bad the last 2 weeks against inferior offenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
            Western Colorado (-25.5) @ Chadron - what a crazy spread, who would've believed this just a couple seasons ago lol
            Colorado Mines (-18.5) @ Pueblo - Last year all over again for Pueblo, big win over a bad Midwestern team followed by 3 losses. This one will be UGLY.

The really crazy part is that Western may cover by halftime...

Comment

Western Colorado (-25.5) @ Chadron

Comment

I think you've been watching film from 2014 or something. Pueblo's defense has been bad the last 2 weeks against inferior offenses.
                I'm not calling Grand Valley at home an inferior offense, and I really can't say that 3 of 6 drives inside the 25 and the other 3 inside the 48 is fair to Pueblos defense to label them bad. But everyone has an opinion.

Comment

I'm not calling Grand Valley at home an inferior offense, and I really can't say that 3 of 6 drives inside the 25 and the other 3 inside the 48 is fair to Pueblos defense to label them bad. But everyone has an opinion.
                  Inferior to Mines? Yes. Especially when looking at what Mines has done to Pueblo for several games in a row now. Good defenses get off the field when put in bad situations. Pueblo has not been able to do that and they're getting dominated at the LOS.

The standard has fallen dramatically if this is a good defense for Pueblo. I think it gets ugly for them just as both games did last year against Mines. But yes, everyone has an opinion you are correct.
                  Last edited by Turbonium; 09-19-2023, 12:41 AM.

Comment

SD Mines (-3.5) @ Highlands- Must win for the Hardrockers and their longest trip of the season. 33-24
                    Western Colorado (-25.5) @ Chadron- Intimidating spread but Western is on a mission to prove they're in the same tier as Mines. 45-13
                    Black Hills (-4.5) @ Colorado Mesa- Mavs are heating up at the right time before the battle for the Western Slope next week @WCU. 31-23
                    Colorado Mines (-18.5) @ Pueblo- Interesting rivalry game this early on. Think CSM will find enough space for big plays. 38-17
                    Fort Lewis @ Adams State ( -14.5) The Grizzlies hold onto to the Musket Rifle another year. 42-20. Slow improvement for FLC.

Bonus Game: West Texas @ Permian Basin (-9.5)- Buffaloes are improving each week. 27-21

Comment

Inferior to Mines? Yes. Especially when looking at what Mines has done to Pueblo for several games in a row now. Good defenses get off the field when put in bad situations. Pueblo has not been able to do that and they're getting dominated at the LOS.

The standard has fallen dramatically if this is a good defense for Pueblo. I think it gets ugly for them just as both games did last year against Mines. But yes, everyone has an opinion you are correct.
                      Sorry I misunderstood, you meant inferior to mines. I got it thinking inferior in general. Yes Mines has a very good offense and it could be a boat race, but I feel itll be a ballgame provided any offense by Pueblo shows

Comment

Western Colorado (-25.5) @ Chadron Struggling with this one. The spread is pretty big and it's possible Chadron has just enough offense to cover. I just can't get there though.
                        Colorado Mines (-18.5) @ Pueblo Struggling with this one too. In a rivalry game like this it can go either way. That said I'm going with my heart on this.
                        Fort Lewis @ Adams State ( -14.5) I think Adams State is going to be out for blood after last week. I'm changing this up! Fort Lewis to cover. WTH not!

Bonus Game: West Texas @ Permian Basin (-9.5) I think this is going to be a really competitive game but Permian ekes it out by 10.
                        Last edited by GoneBlastin; 09-19-2023, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Western Colorado (-25.5) @ Chadron
                          Black Hills(-4.5) @ Colorado Mesa

Comment

SD Mines (-3.5)
                            Western Colorado (-25.5)
                            Colorado Mesa
                            Pueblo
                            Adams State ( -14.5)
                            Permian Basin (-9.5)

Comment

SD Mines (-3.5) @ Highlands I think SDM is the better team. That's based partially on their competitiveness with a good Truman team and the fact that NMHU was pretty mediocre against a bad FLC team. Mines wins 38-21.

Western Colorado (-25.5) @ Chadron I drastically underestimated Western coming into the season. They have played good competition and played really well. I did not drastically underestimate Chadron, they are as bad as I anticipated. Western makes their first loud statement, 52-17.

Black Hills (-4.5) @ Colorado Mesa I am so perplexed... BHSU played a respectable game against St. Thomas, but then their win against SW Baptist looks very pedestrian (compared to how UTPB handled them). Mesa actually won against an FCS team and while looking vulnerable against SDM, pulled out the win on the road. Me eating crow looks like me picking Mesa and their TD throwing linemen in a mild upset, 41-35.

Colorado Mines (-18.5) @ Pueblo Whelp, maybe Pueblo is not actually back. Or they are, and Western is awesome, which is realistic. Either way, if Mines plays their game, they win and cover. Mines 49-20.

Fort Lewis @ Adams State ( -14.5). I want to believe in Adams, that they are making slow but steady progress. They are making it hard to believe. Fortunately, I do believe in FLC. Adams gets the win, 30-13.

West Texas @ Permian Basin (-9.5). In two games not against Western Colorado, UTPB has scored 184 points and given up 7. One game is a fluke, but twice? WTAM's offense has looked average against defenses that have otherwise shown they are very willing to give up points (Adams and Midwestern).I'm not saying UTPB hangs 50 on WTAM... wait, yes, yes I am, UTPB 50-13.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X