Clear All

• RMAC Week 6 Pickem

Here are this week's matchups:

Highlands @ Black Hills (-13.5)
    Western (-2.5) @ SD Mines
    Fort Lewis @ Chadron (-23.5)
    Colorado Mines (-30.5) @ Mesa
    Adams @ Pueblo (-27.5)

Bonus Game: Emporia State @ Pittsburg State (-12.5)

RMAC Connection: Both of these schools used to be in the RMAC from 1967-1972. The Kansas schools (and Pueblo) split into a separate conference (GPAC) but were still loosely affiliated until 1976. Pueblo came back to the RMAC in 1976 when the two conferences ended their affiliation.

Highlands @ Black Hills (-13.5): Jackets might be salty after getting crushed by SDM in their rivalry game
    Western (-2.5) @ SD Mines: Letdown warning for the Rockers
    Fort Lewis @ Chadron (-23.5): I don't think either team will reach 23 points, but the misery for Fort Lewis continues
    Colorado Mines (-30.5) @ Mesa: The beat goes on for Mines
    Adams @ Pueblo (-27.5): I know Pueblo's struggling, but they can't be "Lose to A-ams State" bad

Bonus Game: Emporia State @ Pittsburg State (-12.5): The bullseye is pretty big for the Gussies this season... We might have legitimate chaos in the MIAA this season and it's not involving Northwest Misery
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Highlands @ Black Hills (-13.5) Black Hills just better 35-10
      Western (-2.5) @ SD Mines I expect Western to win, but they could possibly turn back to a pumpkin soon. Western 17-10
      Fort Lewis (+23.5) @ Chadron Chadron a bit better and at home Chadron 35-17
      Colorado Mines (-30.5) @ Mesa Mines will continue to flex their muscles on the rest of the conference Mines 49-3
      Adams @ Pueblo (-27.5) Pueblo looking for a playoff spot during their run around the table CSUP 49-0

Bonus Game: Emporia State (+12.5)@ Pittsburg State Ill take the points and the outright win Emporia State 30-24
      Last edited by Buff90; 10-03-2023, 04:07 AM. Reason: Wasn't fun enough just to make a pick, so I added comments

Comment

Black Hills (-13.5)
        SD Mines
        Chadron (-23.5)
        Colorado Mines (-30.5)
        Pueblo (-27.5)
        Emporia State

Comment

Adams @ Pueblo (-27.5)

Comment

Highlands @ Black Hills (-13.5) I think BHSU comes out on a mission after last week.
            Western (-2.5) @ SD Mines IMO Western is a top 15 team and maybe even a top 10 team in D2. They prove it with a good win by a couple scores this week.
            Fort Lewis @ Chadron (-23.5) After getting hammered by Pueblo FLC returns to the part of their schedule with more parity. Don't think they win, but I think 24 Is way too big.
            Colorado Mines (-30.5) @ Mesa This one's giving me fits. I thought Mines would cover last week for sure, but didn't. In my view they didn't play their best game. In the battle for the Nyikos Cup, do they bring the heat? I think so.
            Adams @ Pueblo (-27.5) Pueblo's p----d so Adams better watch out. They need the style points to have a similar playoff run as last year.

Bonus Game: Emporia State @ Pittsburg State (-12.5) I don't know anything about this game. Haven't seen either play. By all accounts, Pitt is really good. Emporia built a bunch of equity for beating Northwest which at this point isn't looking that special.

Comment

Adams @ Pueblo (-27.5)

Comment

Adams @ Pueblo (-27.5)

Last edited by Turbonium; 10-06-2023, 02:01 PM. Reason: Fort Lewis last week was maybe the worst college football team I've ever seen, I just can't see them keeping any game close.

Comment

Highlands 13 @ Black Hills 31 (-13.5)
                  Western (-2.5) 31 @ SD Mines 17
                  Fort Lewis 10 @ Chadron 42 (-23.5)
                  Colorado Mines 49 (-30.5) @ Mesa 10
                  Adams 10 @ Pueblo 34 (-27.5)

Bonus Game: Emporia State 20 @ Pittsburg State 24 (-12.5)

I am very down on Chadron, but I think they roll this week. There is one RMAC team they have absolutely dominated the last two years, and it's Fort Lewis. I don't think Jay Long will survive into 2024, but I do think he gets his players to respond with this one opportunity to play well in front of a home crowd. This will likely be their only conference win of the year. If Chadron loses, or plays poorly at home against Fort Lewis, I think things might get ugly in the stands with the team in general.
                  Last edited by sportsvine; 10-04-2023, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Highlands @ Black Hills (-13.5) Not sure what to make of the Hornets getting trounced in a rivalry game. I am pretty sure what to make of the cowboys. 38-17

Western (-2.5) @ SD Mines This may be one of Western's more competitive games, but not as competitive as this line. Western stays perfect 31-21.

Fort Lewis @ Chadron (-23.5) Chadron has only scored 23 points once this year, in a game they won by a single point. They have given up at least 27 in every game. Fort Lewis has only lost two games by more than 23, and in those games they gave up 134 points. Chadron won't score like that. Chadron gets the win, but by less than 23.5, Chadron 31-20.

Colorado Mines (-30.5) Mesa. In my mind the Orediggers have struggled with the Mavericks, so I looked it up. In the last 10 games they've played, Mines is only 6-4, of the five in Grand Junction, Mesa actually leads 3-2. I think Mines will pull out the win, but after their coasting the last 35 minutes of last week and this traditionally tough matchup, I think it's closer than the spread. Mines adds a late score to make it look more dominating, 38-14.

Adams @ Pueblo (-27.5). Adams hands their two game winning streak to Pueblo. CSUP 51-14.

Emporia State @ Pittsburg State (-12.5). Pitt has only really given up points in one game - they won that game on a failed 2-point attempt at the end. Emporia has scored every game, even in their loss. I think Pitt will grind out a win, but like the Central MO game, Pitt will give up some points, and like the MO Western game, Emporia will come up short. Pitt 31-28.

Comment

Adams @ Pueblo (-27.5)

Comment

Easy choice right here. I still think BHSU is the fourth best team in the RMAC. But also have huge ups and downs. This highlands game should be an easy one for them though.

Western is the clear second best team in the RMAC. Surprised the spread is so small for this game. Don't think SD Mines will even keep it close

Tough one to call. My Skyhawks are on the up and up; we looked quite good last week! Meanwhile Chadron is in a spiral towards the bottom of the RMAC. With that said, it will be another blowout game for my poor FLC boys.

Matocha had an off game last week and Mines did not look good the entire second half. Fortunately Chadron is terrible. That kind of performance would still work against the likes of Mesa but not against any solid playoff teams. 30.5 is a big spread but I think they cover in Grand Junction if they can clean it up.

Adams @ Pueblo (-27.5)
                        Pueblo gets another cupcake game after their brutal start of the season. They'll keep the train rolling and potentially have a playoff chance if things swing the right way.

I'm not fully aboard the Emporia train. I think NWMS is a shell of themselves this year and that was the whole reason Emporia got ranked in the first place. Pitt State is a scary team and are a real national championship contender. Don't think it'll even be close in this one.

Comment

Adams @ Pueblo (-27.5)
                          Emporia State @ Pittsburg State (-12.5)

Comment

I can’t believe I’m giving away 86.5 points this weekend, seems to backfire either way I go.

Comment

Adams @ Pueblo (-27.5)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X