is one out a bit late this week.

Pueblo (-16.5) @ Chadron State
    Fort Lewis @ South Dakota Mines (-40.5)
    Colorado Mines (-27.5) @ Black Hills State
    Adams State @ Mesa (-20.5)
    Highlands @ Western (-38.5)

Bonus Games (going with two this week because, why not?):

UT Permian Basin @ Angelo State (-19.5)

RMAC Connection: Top contenders from the Lone Star that both played top contenders from the RMAC. Also the playoff implications to this one are meaningful.

Mankato @ Augustana (PK)
    RMAC Connection: I'm surprised that the spread on this one is what it is. I think Augie being at home contributes. Chadron played Augustana early on this year. While the final score wasn't particularly close, Chadron played them pretty tough. This game also has serious playoff implications.

Pueblo (-16.5) @ Chadron State Pueblo rolls 42-3
    Fort Lewis @ South Dakota Mines (-40.5) SDM gets to party SDM 45-3
    Colorado Mines @ Black Hills State (+27.5) Mines lays up and takes it easy, but wins 28-7
    Adams State @ Mesa (-20.5) Because they can Mesa 24-3
    Highlands(+38.5) @ Western Western hunting playoff votes 30-0

UT Permian Basin @ Angelo State (-19.5) Not so fast cinderella UTPB! ASU 38-7

Mankato @ Augustana (PK) Mankato 35-27

Comment

Colorado Mines (-27.5) @ Black Hills State They got stung a little last week by keeping it to 3 scores. They come out firing and keep their intensity for 4 quarters.
      UT Permian Basin @ Angelo State (-19.5) I think Angelo wins but UTPB needs the points. ASU 34-17
      Mankato @ Augustana (PK) Trying to talk myself into Augustana. But I'd have to do mental gymnastics to get there.

Comment

Pueblo (-16.5) @ Chadron State - Is this like 27 straight for Pueblo over Chadron?
        Mankato @ Augustana (PK)
        Last edited by Turbonium; 10-18-2023, 11:36 PM. Reason: Angelo changed to UTPB

Comment

Mankato @ Augustana (PK)

Comment

Mankato @ Augustana (PK)

Comment

We've reached that time of the season where we need to be honest, we have no idea what these teams are going to do week to week, which direction they're trending, what their motivation is, etc. Oh, that's just me? Got it, here we go with another week of random thoughts...

Pueblo (-16.5) @ Chadron State Pueblo is the best above average team in the conference. Chadron is the best below average team in the conference. Chadron has only scored on weeks that I've predicted they can't actually score. Pueblo only wins big when I proclaim that they won't win big. So my trusty 8-ball says, Pueblo covers, 44-13.

Fort Lewis @ South Dakota Mines (-40.5) FLC is giving up 68 points per game over their last 3. SDM big, 58-10.

Colorado Mines (-27.5) @ Black Hills State Classic trap game, BHSU is looking ahead to hanging a hundred on FLC next week. Mines escapes with a win 56-21.

Adams State @ Mesa (-20.5) Adams has not been very offensive this season, unless you're talking about their defense. Mesa is coming off of putting 62 on FLC. The trends continue, Mesa wins 49-17.

Highlands @ Western (-38.5) Highlands has lost to everyone in conference not named FLC, and given up 38 points per game in doing so. But, the most Western has scored in a game so far is 43 (twice). Western wins handily, but does not cover 42-14.

UT Permian Basin @ Angelo State (-19.5) I'm not sure UTPB doesn't win this straight up, but even if they don't, I struggle to talk myself into them losing by 20. UTPB 27-24.

Mankato @ Augustana (PK) Both teams are undefeated. Both teams have an average margin of +20. Augie is at home, but Mankato has played a tougher schedule so far. I can only think that the back to back tight games against Bemidji and Moorhead will help Mankato in crunch time of this game. Mankato bolsters its position for #1 in the region, winning 34-28.

Comment

Mankato @ Augustana (PK)

Comment

Pueblo (-16.5) @ Chadron State: Doggies sic Hanging Chads
                  Fort Lewis @ South Dakota Mines (-40.5): Bye Week for SD Mines
                  Colorado Mines (-27.5) @ Black Hills State: Can we start planning the parade route in Golden?
                  Adams State @ Mesa (-20.5): Mesa wins, but A-ams barely covers
                  Highlands @ Western (-38.5): Can't help but think that Western might look ahead to Colorado Mines

UT Permian Basin @ Angelo State (-19.5): UTPB will keep it close as they can score a lot (they hung 86 on Southwest Baptist); Angelo State, however, slowed down (but didn't stop) CSM earlier this year... at very least UTPB covers
                  Mankato @ Augustana (PK): Not too comfortable about this pick, but Mankato has had a few close games this season
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Easy call. Pueblo is on a roll and Chadron is no good.

Jayden Johanson gets back on track. I think the game will be close to the line with Fort Lewis putting up ~10 points. However, the SD Mines is too much. Ben Noland is an absolute stud.

Mines is just too good. Matocha gets hot with a 4+ TD game and the BHSU offense just can't keep up.

Adams is having a pathetic year. Skyhawks could beat them next year and while Mesa isn't great, they'll win this by 35+

Western keeps on rolling but I think that Highlands can put up a score or two to cover.

Close game hear. I think that Angelo eeks it out, but UTPB has looked strong so far this year. Gonna be an intersting last few weeks in the LSC. Curious to see who makes it to the playoffs from there.

Mankato @ Augustana (PK)
                    Mankato is FAR better than Auggie. They've had some questionable games recently but I believe that they are Mines' only threat in SR4.

Comment

Mankato @ Augustana (PK)

Comment

Pueblo 52 @ Chadron State 14
                        Fort Lewis 20 @ South Dakota Mines 49
                        Colorado Mines44 @ Black Hills State 13
                        Adams State 10 @ Mesa 31
                        Highlands 14 @ Western 42

UT Permian Basin 17 @ Angelo State 31

Mankato 24 @ Augustana 27

Comment

Pueblo (-16.5) @ Chadron State. This is a huge game for Chadron. I know the recent Pueblo streak. And maybe Pueblo isn't quite as dominant as they were when Long first came to CSC. Winning this matchup would be a huge thing for the eagles and Long. I just don't have confidence that they can even cover this spread.

Colorado Mines (-27.5) @ Black Hills State. This may be the only time I don't pick BH. (Depending on pueblo spread). BHSU with a strong late push to cover against Western. But I don't think they can catch the boys from Golden.

Highlands @ Western (-38.5). Is this the week Highlands surprises people and covers? Probably since I am picking Western.

UT Permian Basin @ Angelo State (-19.5).

Mankato @ Augustana (PK)

Comment

Pueblo (-16.5) @ Chadron State. I had the displeasure of watching the Chadron Augustana game, one of the most boring football teams to ever do it.

I feel like the FLC covering picks are always just coin tosses, so I might as well be a homer.

Colorado Mines (-27.5) @ Black Hills State.
                            If Mines puts halfway decent effort in they cover

I am a Mesa doubter by nature, it has burned me a lot this year.

Highlands @ Western (-38.5).
                            Highlands is full of surprises, I doubt they get beat down quite that bad.

UT Permian Basin @ Angelo State (-19.5).

Mankato @ Augustana (PK)
                            As I said earlier I had the displeasure of watching Agustana play Chadron. Augustana did not inspire confidence either.

Comment

Mankato @ Augustana (PK)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...