X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 MIAA Baseball

Central Region Rankings: 1. Central Missouri 2. Augustana
    Augustana went 4-0 to win the NSIC
    Central Missouri 3-1 will play in the championship game.
    I assume that if Central Missouri wins the MIAA tourney then they are a lock to host the central regional.
    What if Central Missouri losses the championship game? Would they still be the odds on favorite to host the regional or might Augustana slip past Central Missouri to host the regional.
    Any thoughts?

Comment

The other Central, CentralOK, also had a walk-off hit to win the other semi-final game. TK McWhertor singled home the winning run in the bottom of the 10th. CentralOK had a 7-1 lead but Pitt scored 5 in the 7th and a run in the 8th to tie the game at 7. CentralOK scored 1 in the bottom of the 8th but Pitt answered with a run in the 9th. Dylan Hall, who threw the 1-hitter on day 1, got his 2nd win of the tournament pitching the final 3 innings for CentralOK.

Al Ortilani is playing more like we are all used to today. After 4 home runs in the first game, 3 more were hit in game 2. All solo shots, 1 by John Oliver of Pitt and 2 by Paul Kroph of CentralOK.
      Last edited by Randy; 05-12-2019, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
        Central Region Rankings: 1. Central Missouri 2. Augustana
        Augustana went 4-0 to win the NSIC
        Central Missouri 3-1 will play in the championship game.
        I assume that if Central Missouri wins the MIAA tourney then they are a lock to host the central regional.
        What if Central Missouri losses the championship game? Would they still be the odds on favorite to host the regional or might Augustana slip past Central Missouri to host the regional.
        Any thoughts?
        I've seen in basketball where #1 seed was upset by the #8 seed in the conference tourney but still got to host . If the Mules win they will host- if not- I think the regional might be in Sioux Falls. Of course, that would assume that Augie puts in a bid- which they should. One year MSU was the #1 seed and didn't put in the bid. Might have been another reason why that AD got fired.

I'm projecting three NSIC teams to make it- Augie, St Cloud and MSU.

Comment

Baseball is divided into 2 sub regionals starting this season. My guess is both CentralMO & Augie host.

I think we know the field:

MIAA: CentralMO, CentralOK & Southern
          NSIC: Augie, Mankato & St Cloud
          GAC: Monticello & OK Baptist

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
            Baseball is divided into 2 sub regionals starting this season. My guess is both CentralMO & Augie host.

I hadn't heard this. So it will be like softball. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

Originally posted by laker View Post
              I hadn't heard this. So it will be like softball. Thanks for the info!

Thanks Randy, like laker, I also wasn't aware of the change in format.

Comment

The championship game was all Mules, winning 10-2. Chase Plymell, making his first start as a Mule, allowed 2 runs (1 earned) in 5 innings. Collin Jones got the final 12 outs for the save. The Mules out hit the Bronchos 13-4.

Comment

#4 MSU plays #5 Arkansas-Monticello in Sioux Falls while #1 Augie hosts 8th seed Oklahoma Baptist Thursday.

#3 SCSU plays #6 Central Oklahoma while #2 Central Missouri hosts #7 Missouri Southern

https://msumavericks.com/news/2019/5...ournament.aspx

Comment

St Cloud gets an "at large" invite to the MIAA tournament part 2.

Comment

Which do you think was the biggest factor (along with Augie not dropping a game in the NSIC Tourney) in moving UCM down to the #2 spot in the region - losing to MSSU, playing a sub .500 MWSU, or that the final game of the MIAA tournament wasn't done until after 7 pm and the committee had to place them without the benefit of the final result?

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
                        Which do you think was the biggest factor (along with Augie not dropping a game in the NSIC Tourney) in moving UCM down to the #2 spot in the region - losing to MSSU, playing a sub .500 MWSU, or that the final game of the MIAA tournament wasn't done until after 7 pm and the committee had to place them without the benefit of the final result?
                        My first thought was that the loss was huge but I kept wondering if the late result caused the Mules to be placed at 2 in case they lost again. That is also the only reason I have that CentralOK switched with Southern. Both teams were 3-2 for week. Southern did play a team under .500 (Northwest) and lost to CentralOK but still beat CentralOK 3 of the 4 times they played this season. It would seem to me that Southern should have stayed ahead of CentralOK if for no other reason than 3-1 head-to-head, unless you are hedging the seeds based on the chance that CentralOK would win the tournament.

Comment

CentralMO jumped all over the MIAA pitcher of the year scoring 8 runs in 4-1/3 innings. Parish allowed 10 hits while only striking out 2. The Mules had 14 hits total with every batter getting at least 1 hit. Southern's lone run in the 8-1 loss was a Matt Miller home run. The 3rd consecutive game that Miller has homered against the Mules.

This is the 11th consecutive loss for Southern in NCAA play. The Lions won the regional in 1992 and their first game in Montgomery. They lost the next 2 games and went 0-2 in the 1995, 2001, 2013 & 2015 regionals.
                          Last edited by Randy; 05-16-2019, 08:17 PM.

Comment

CentralOK scores 3 in the 9th on a wild pitch, a ground out that the batter acted as if he had fouled the ball of his foot and a single to beat St Cloud 4-3.

The Central's play at noon tomorrow with the loser playing again at 7. Southern/St Cloud play an elimination game at 3:30 with the winner playing at 7.
                            Last edited by Randy; 05-16-2019, 10:00 PM.

Comment

What's with the center field camera? It looks like chicken feathers floating around.....it about drove me nuts the last two days.

Comment

Ya, I agree. It was terrible for the day games, but it has almost stopped as it gets dark. The chickens must have gone to roost for the night.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X