X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Joe did go 58-5 the past two seasons with two conference titles. I'd call that pretty loaded.
    Last two, yea. But the IUP faithful posts about being "loaded" are about as common as WLU fans posts about the "WLU style!" Seems like every year we hear about how loaded IUP is and what makes WLU's style so effective!

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

You are the original 24!
    There's only one IUP24. I promise this new account isn't like the old aforementioned PSACHomer. Guy just kept forgetting his password and adding digits at the end of Homer lol.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Almost as amazing as what "Indiana" people see in their's. Can't wait for the many message board assessments of IUP being "loaded" this year!
    Joe did go 58-5 the past two seasons with two conference titles. I'd call that pretty loaded.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

It's amazing what these West Virginia people see in their team.
    Almost as amazing as what "Indiana" people see in their's. Can't wait for the many message board assessments of IUP being "loaded" this year!

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    I should have been more clear. Obviously whole different level of size, strength, etc. The comparison was about fundamental skills, such as player movement without the ball, 3 point shooting and interior passing. These are important fundamental skills in positionless basketball, which can be developed to a comparable level of expertise, but that does not make them comparable players at d1 level.

imho many of Gonzaga's passes were not flashy when they were slicing and dicing USC defense. High school players could have made the pass, had they the situational awareness.
    for example, D3 Yeshiva displays these skills but would not be competitive with wlu at d2.

Similarly, I see nwmsu as Gonzaga's little brother.
    Last edited by Columbuseer; 04-01-2021, 08:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    It's amazing what these West Virginia people see in their team.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Lol There's now officially too many posters with "24" in their account name... Might have to file for a trademark on the name. 10 years was a good run.
    You are the original 24!

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Lol There's now officially too many posters with "24" in their account name... Might have to file for a trademark on the name. 10 years was a good run.
    Last edited by IUP24; 04-01-2021, 06:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

I get concerned when we stand on the perimeter with little movement. Allows other team to rest and makes us easy to guard for an opponent with solid defensive players. Gonzaga always has several guys moving with purpose. If opponent is late on a switch, back door cut for a layup. They made USC look like a 5 star aau playgtound NBA wanna-be team. Wait, they ARE a 5 star aau playground NBA wanna-be team! :-)

Gonzaga and wlu both have positionless players and run spread type offenses. Their 6-8 guys are just ahead in their skill development compared to our bigs, which is to be expected,
    Their guards are just a little better, too. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• IUPHawks24
    replied

I get concerned when we stand on the perimeter with little movement. Allows other team to rest and makes us easy to guard for an opponent with solid defensive players. Gonzaga always has several guys moving with purpose. If opponent is late on a switch, back door cut for a layup. They made USC look like a 5 star aau playgtound NBA wanna-be team. Wait, they ARE a 5 star aau playground NBA wanna-be team! :-)

Gonzaga and wlu both have positionless players and run spread type offenses. Their 6-8 guys are just ahead in their skill development compared to our bigs, which is to be expected,

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Set play
    Defense
    Distribute
    Team win
    Lol good ones!

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Good catch. Total misuse of the word "trained". Webster was turning over in his grave!
    :-)

just like there were 7 words you could not say on TV, there are words you cannot say in aau:
    • bad shot
    • Turnover
    • Selfish
    • Assist
    • Mistake
    • Jump stop
    Others?
    Set play
    Defense
    Distribute
    Team win

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

AAU trained players??? AAU is run and gun that's it! Gotta get mine basketball!
    Good catch. Total misuse of the word "trained". Webster was turning over in his grave!
    :-)

just like there were 7 words you could not say on TV, there are words you cannot say in aau:
    • bad shot
    • Turnover
    • Selfish
    • Assist
    • Mistake
    • Jump stop
    Others?
    Last edited by Columbuseer; 03-31-2021, 12:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    If you are referring to the double stack as described in the link below, it would seem to require more traditional roles rather than the positionless players that we recruit. Not saying we could not run it, but just going by the info in the link. It also states that timing is critical, which implies lots of practice time.

http://www.guidetocoachingbasketball.com/stack.htm

I like the motion offense of Gonzaga. Don't know if it has a name. Really hard to defend for aau trained players.
    AAU trained players??? AAU is run and gun that's it! Gotta get mine basketball!

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

I wouldn't be opposed to having a secondary style like that. Just somthing sufficiently different to cause the defense to have to make adjustments. Maybe they would be able to adjust and it would have little effect (I think NW would have been able to adjust to what ever we did), but maybe not.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X