replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

There he goes.
    Predictable.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post

It's the Sincere Carry story all over again. I trust Howlett to find a reasonable replacement (hopefully he has calls in to Mulbah & Radford among others).

I wonder if Garrett will go with Luke. Garrett got some decent minutes last year on the Hilltop, but wasn't a key cog. I wonder if he would consider following Luke (if possible, that is) if Luke lands elsewhere in D2. Not sure if Luke's original reason for committing to WLU was that he wanted a chance to play with his brother.
    There he goes.

Leave a comment:

• TopperNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Somebody got to him.
    That is an absolute fact! Someone was in his ear during and after that all-star game, which is similar to the Sincere situation except Sincere's Solon High School team made it to the big show and state final. I've seen Luke Denbow play twice this year, he's a good kid, solid player, and very skilled but he is not currently a D1 guard.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Very similar. Only difference is that InSincere had a D1 body. Luke does not. If he somehow goes d1, it will be as a stand in the corner 3-pt sniper.Timing raises eyebrows, just after an all star game, which usually has a high weasel audience. Maybe he is not interested in the possibility of playing overseas. Whatever the reason, Just don't sign the LOI.
    Somebody got to him.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Well, at least one version of a replacement is already on the way. Steve Cannady (from Mercyhurst and formerly Wheeling) is headed to the Hilltop.

I would assume he's being brought in to run the second team perhaps? Kinda this year's version of CMont? Not sure how he fits to be honest.
    Remembering him from his wheeling days, i always thought he would be a great fit for the wlu style.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'm curious who the PSAC will target when Mercyhurst allegedly joins the Big 10.

My guess is they'd make a big push with Frostburg State. They'd go in the East and perhaps Ship comes back to the West.

Because, you known, we need 97 teams in the league.
    Not sure why some of you guys think they'd stick Frostburg in the East and Shippensburg, which is located about 80 miles northeast of Frostburg, in the West, but guess you have it wored out. It makes no sense from a travel standpoint and I doubt Ship and Shepherd would be too crazy about that move.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

It's the Sincere Carry story all over again. I trust Howlett to find a reasonable replacement (hopefully he has calls in to Mulbah & Radford among others).

I wonder if Garrett will go with Luke. Garrett got some decent minutes last year on the Hilltop, but wasn't a key cog. I wonder if he would consider following Luke (if possible, that is) if Luke lands elsewhere in D2. Not sure if Luke's original reason for committing to WLU was that he wanted a chance to play with his brother.
    Very similar. Only difference is that InSincere had a D1 body. Luke does not. If he somehow goes d1, it will be as a stand in the corner 3-pt sniper.Timing raises eyebrows, just after an all star game, which usually has a high weasel audience. Maybe he is not interested in the possibility of playing overseas. Whatever the reason, Just don't sign the LOI.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Well, at least one version of a replacement is already on the way. Steve Cannady (from Mercyhurst and formerly Wheeling) is headed to the Hilltop.

I would assume he's being brought in to run the second team perhaps? Kinda this year's version of CMont? Not sure how he fits to be honest.
    He pulled a Houdini vanishing act in many big games.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Originally posted by unc4life View Post
    Looks like Luke Denbow De-committed last night.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
    On a somewhat unrelated note:

Does personal lntegrity seem to be declining?
    Not only is your word no longer your bond, but your signature on a contract means nothing.

Used to preach to my kids: your money, your job, your health, even your relationships, are not totally under your control. You could lose them tomorrow, through no fault of your own.
    However, your character and integrity are completely under your control. You alone make the decision to sully your character and integrity. And once you sully it, it is very hard to restore.

Weak excuses and justifications often accompany breaking your word, as rationalization is the mind's defense mechanisn to maintain sanity or avoid condemnation when violating one's deeply held beliefs and conscience.

What I find ironic is that in today's social media world, your character and integrity (or lack thereof) are now visible to all!
    Prospective employers commonly search all of your social media history looking for character flaws.
    Yet despite this, lack of integrity seens to growing (except in cultures where dishonoring your ancestors is taboo).

As a parent, i am most thankful that my kids never chose that path.

This is the extent of my social media. I quit the rest years ago. I couldn't take it anymore. It's beyond a cesspool.

It starts so early now, too. Kids in Jr. High are all over it. The stuff that gets posted from that age group is mind-blowing. And, of course, the kids are more technologically advanced than their parents in most cases, so they are experts at hiding things.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    On a somewhat unrelated note:

Does personal lntegrity seem to be declining?
    Not only is your word no longer your bond, but your signature on a contract means nothing.

Used to preach to my kids: your money, your job, your health, even your relationships, are not totally under your control. You could lose them tomorrow, through no fault of your own.
    However, your character and integrity are completely under your control. You alone make the decision to sully your character and integrity. And once you sully it, it is very hard to restore.

Weak excuses and justifications often accompany breaking your word, as rationalization is the mind's defense mechanisn to maintain sanity or avoid condemnation when violating one's deeply held beliefs and conscience.

What I find ironic is that in today's social media world, your character and integrity (or lack thereof) are now visible to all!
    Prospective employers commonly search all of your social media history looking for character flaws.
    Yet despite this, lack of integrity seens to growing (except in cultures where dishonoring your ancestors is taboo).

As a parent, i am most thankful that my kids never chose that path.

Leave a comment:

• unc4life
    replied
    Looks like Luke Denbow De-committed last night.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Technically, Boat, there are NO guards and NO forwards on the roster. That's why they call it positionless basketball. [shrug]
    I agree. We even saw Viktor, Ben and Bryce bring the ball down the court on occasion and start the offense. Enjoyed watching them do spin moves at speed around defenders in the open court. Very guard-like moves.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Technically, Boat, there are NO guards and NO forwards on the roster. That's why they call it positionless basketball. [shrug]
    Then why put the positions on the roster. I mean, it's a conscious choice to ID players by position. If they truely are "positionless," then don't label them at all.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X