X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

IUP does tend to pick up WLU's cast offs!!
    Dyer ... all day.

Boswell ... no thanks.

Come on .. you have a Seton Hill cast-off. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'd say pretty good odds. I think you'll be better off with McKinney starting to be honest. Boswell didn't look real great this year in my opinion.
    IUP does tend to pick up WLU's cast offs!!

Leave a comment:

• timbertopper
    replied

I'd say pretty good odds. I think you'll be better off with McKinney starting to be honest. Boswell didn't look real great this year in my opinion.
    Agreed. Can't fault Boswell for his effort. Guy left it all on the floor every night. Even so, sitting out last year seemed to have affected his game. Just didn't seem like the same player that scored almost 1,000 points in 2 years at Jesuit. Just hope he stays in school and finishes his degree. Good kid.
    Have to agree with you about Malik. Superior athleticism and length with the ability to finish at the rim. Excellent on-ball defender. Big part of last night's win against Charleston.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied

Totally agree. Boswell just never looked totally in sync in the WLU system. And now that McKinney & Robinson are pretty well "indoctrinated" into the WLU system, they should be fine down the stretch. It also helps that Moore returned from his high ankle sprain this week as well.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post
    Boswell Bombshell:

Apparently, Howlett announced during the post-game presser that the reason Boswell didn't play today is because he has hung up his basketball shoes for good. He's allegedly done--starting today.

Edit to add: early odds on Boswell turning up in the Angelo Dome next year?

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Boswell Bombshell:

Apparently, Howlett announced during the post-game presser that the reason Boswell didn't play today is because he has hung up his basketball shoes for good. He's allegedly done--starting today.

Edit to add: early odds on Boswell turning up in the Angelo Dome next year?
    Last edited by Scrub; 02-09-2020, 08:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    If Joe hosts the regional minus losing his top player for the season in Game 4 -- and another starter for 3 weeks mid-season -- ... that in iteslf is quite the accomplishment.

They did pretty well at the Regional last year at the gate ... 2,000 for the West Chester game and 1,700 for Mercyhurst. Those are good numbers for anybody over Spring Break. The timing just sucks.

No host school is going to draw crap on Tuesday night if the home team isn't playing. As we all know first-hand Mercyhurst just had a great run in March. IUP beat them up twice last year ... lost the one that mattered most.

Bringing in a whole fan base over a one-on-one argument isn't exactly classy, either. Just sayin'

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Nope, don't have to. You complain about the refs but everything they called was legit! Quit crying... plain and simple!!! You lost to WVSU player number 7,8,9,10 and 11. Is this why you are so bitter??? Your top 5 couldn't beat their bottom of the bench!!!
    You're funny!! Your hatred and envy of WLU come through in every one of your posts.

Looks like IUP is going to host regionals again this year. Maybe you should focus your insight on getting your team past its first game...and when you ultimately lose before the regional finals, focus on getting more than the score board operators and ball boys to attend!!!

Till the...You stay classy Indiana!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Check our the impressive basketball analysis from Alum! Next you'll trot out a plum like - "The key to winning is scoring more points than the other team!"
    Nope, don't have to. You complain about the refs but everything they called was legit! Quit crying... plain and simple!!! You lost to WVSU player number 7,8,9,10 and 11. Is this why you are so bitter??? Your top 5 couldn't beat their bottom of the bench!!!

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Check our the impressive basketball analysis from Alum! Next you'll trot out a plum like - "The key to winning is scoring more points than the other team!"

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    WVSU's box score doesn't list the names of the officials. Anybody know which crew worked the game? That will tell you all you need to know.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

At the risk of being accused by one poster of complaining, 29 fouls is a ridiculous number of fouls.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    The following paragraph was published in WVSU's official post-game release:

West Liberty committed a ridiculous 29 personal fouls in total. West Virginia State was much more disciplined with merely 13 personal fouls committed. WVSU also shot better from the field (57 percent) and three-point range (44 percent). Comparatively, WLU shot 43 percent from the field and 35 percent from three-point range.

That's more like message board commenting. Kind of bush league language in my opinion -- to come from the athletic department.
    At the risk of being accused by one poster of complaining, 29 fouls is a ridiculous number of fouls.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Not an isolated post. But you said no one ever complains about fouls when Ship loses. Clearly you were wrong just as you are wrong about WLU posters complaining about fouls after every loss.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    The following paragraph was published in WVSU's official post-game release:

West Liberty committed a ridiculous 29 personal fouls in total. West Virginia State was much more disciplined with merely 13 personal fouls committed. WVSU also shot better from the field (57 percent) and three-point range (44 percent). Comparatively, WLU shot 43 percent from the field and 35 percent from three-point range.

That's more like message board commenting. Kind of bush league language in my opinion -- to come from the athletic department.
    Sounds good to me!!!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X