X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Only 86% of the time over the last 12 years.
    I am glad Gannon has introduced the gimmick to the PSAC.
    Lol
    The more exposure the gimmick gets, the more the solution will start to appear.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

So the gimmick worked.
    Only 86% of the time over the last 12 years.
    I am glad Gannon has introduced the gimmick to the PSAC.
    Lol

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I don't watch WL a ton but I do see Sarson is the 'energy' guy. That's contagious for sure. Is he coming back this year?
    I have no intel on his return. He appears to be out of the boot, which is a good sign. But I don't know anything definitive.

And, yes, he is a sort of energy kind of guy, but I have to believe that this system--for all it's been talked about here--doesn't run on a single engine.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Oh there's no question: if the Toppers put up another stinker like last night on Saturday, Fairmont will run them out of their own building. Gotta get this figured out. I refuse to believe Sarson is SO instrumental that they can't win without him. But, man, they've looked pretty bad since he went down. They just looked downright sluggish at times last night. And sluggish is a bad adjective for a team running a system devised to create chaos for the opponent. "Sluggish chaos" is a pretty ineffective strategy.
    I don't watch WL a ton but I do see Sarson is the 'energy' guy. That's contagious for sure. Is he coming back this year?

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Our game plan these days seems to be hope (hope as a team we break out of our 3 point shooting funk and all is well again). Hope is not really a strategy and certainly not a game plan. I fear that if hope is our game plan against Fairmont, we might come up on the losing end
    Oh there's no question: if the Toppers put up another stinker like last night on Saturday, Fairmont will run them out of their own building. Gotta get this figured out. I refuse to believe Sarson is SO instrumental that they can't win without him. But, man, they've looked pretty bad since he went down. They just looked downright sluggish at times last night. And sluggish is a bad adjective for a team running a system devised to create chaos for the opponent. "Sluggish chaos" is a pretty ineffective strategy.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Yuk...WLU gets a much too close win against a Frostburg team that stinks on ice. Seemingly every 3 games out of 4 we are complaining about WLUs abysmal 3 point shooting. That's a HUGE problem when your offense relies so heavily and exclusively on taking and making the 3. Lots of players in extended (season long?) shooting slumps that don't show any signs of breaking.

Our game plan these days seems to be hope (hope as a team we break out of our 3 point shooting funk and all is well again). Hope is not really a strategy and certainly not a game plan. I fear that if hope is our game plan against Fairmont, we might come up on the losing end

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Wlu offensive rebounding and their interior passing won this game. Frostburg went to a playground game and their guys were too tired to go after offensive rebounds in 2nd half and they were taking shots with no one under. I can see how they almost beat wvsu. They have some open court scorers.

wlu shot horrendously from three- 8 for 40. They need to find ways to get rasile and spadafora open looks. If they had shot a good 40%, they win by 34.
    They need to tighten up their 3 pt defense. Too many wide open uncontested looks from three Imho.

Fortunately, fatigue Cooled off Frostburg in the late stages.
    So the gimmick worked.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Wlu offensive rebounding and their interior passing won this game. Frostburg went to a playground game and their guys were too tired to go after offensive rebounds in 2nd half and they were taking shots with no one under. I can see how they almost beat wvsu. They have some open court scorers.

wlu shot horrendously from three- 8 for 40. They need to find ways to get rasile and spadafora open looks. If they had shot a good 40%, they win by 34.
    They need to tighten up their 3 pt defense. Too many wide open uncontested looks from three Imho.

Fortunately, fatigue Cooled off Frostburg in the late stages.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    By the way, anyone see what happened to Shuler? He didn't play at all in the second half. But at least Spadafora was back today. Toppers can't really afford to lose any more players to injury right now.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Good thing the Toppers were playing a bad team tonight. Woof.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Fyi
    Jp dragas 41 pts and 5 steals Saturday but in a loss.
    https://www.maxpreps.com/news/0b8r6z...-jp-dragas.htm

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Fyi
    machi chester is averaging 13 ppg for rock creek Christian, hitting 42% from three.
    His team is playing against elite level schools from AZ, CA, NYC, etc. Other teams include Simeon, Calvert Hall, and Oak Hill Academy.
    A wholly different level of completion compared to traditional high level D1 public high school teams.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

What's the story? Everybody likes a good brawl.

I hate when they cut the video. If players want to act like fools it should be seen.

The infamous West Chester and Seton Hill hoops brawl from several years ago was swept under the rug, video-wise.
    Guess they don't want to project the school or the conference in a negative light. Pretty easy for a school to get a reputation for being "Thug U" and a conference were they play "basket-brawl" when there's extended video on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied

I hate when they cut the video. If players want to act like fools it should be seen.

The infamous West Chester and Seton Hill hoops brawl from several years ago was swept under the rug, video-wise.
    I couldn't find any links to the video anywhere on MEC TV last night. The videos are now posted today, but they're edited to shut down as soon as the clock hits 0.0 seconds. Looks like the conference has decided to try to keep it hush hush.
    Last edited by Scrub; 02-11-2024, 07:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    At wvsu Fairmont won 82-80.
    a skirmish broke out in handshake line. announcers lamented lack of sportsmanship. Then things must have gotten worse, as announcers said "oh no!", followed by "we are cutting the video now!"

That puts wlu in 2nd place for now.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X