X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrub
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Speaking of Charleston, I saw that pesky WVSU blasted them the other night.

I swear WVSU gets hot every March. They must just lose interest at times during the season.
    It's weird how they seem to turn it off and on again over the course of a season.

I've been very complimentary of Brian Poore on this board in the past--I think he's a good coach. But you do have to wonder how his teams consistently play out this Jeckyl & Hyde routine, and it makes you wonder if it stems, somehow, from the top.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post
    The win today makes us all feel a little better. A loss to Concord tomorrow would at least be a respectable loss.

But, let's not stop there. Let's go after that revenge game with Charleston!
    Speaking of Charleston, I saw that pesky WVSU blasted them the other night.

I swear WVSU gets hot every March. They must just lose interest at times during the season.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Originally posted by Topper_Hopper View Post
    I expect Concord to be a close game tomorrow. They (Concord) could move off the bubble with a win.
    Absolutely. And they have pushed the Toppers to the brink twice this year.

But as I said above, I want to believe that the Toppers are in even with a loss tomorrow. If Concord would win (and possibly move off the bubble--pending Lock Haven's results), it's a loss to a tournament team and it's a season record of 2-1 against that tournament team. I would hope the committee wouldn't ding the Toppers for a loss like that in the conference tourney.

But better safe than sorry--let's get the season sweep of the Mountain Lions tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• Topper_Hopper
    replied
    I expect Concord to be a close game tomorrow. They (Concord) could move off the bubble with a win.
    Last edited by Topper_Hopper; 03-08-2024, 04:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    The win today makes us all feel a little better. A loss to Concord tomorrow would at least be a respectable loss.

But, let's not stop there. Let's go after that revenge game with Charleston!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Topper_Hopper View Post
    Thinking out loud and without looking at the rankings, I can't easily envision a scenario where the Toppers would be on the bubble with a loss today. Maybe if Lock Haven and WVSU were to win their conference titles? Even then, I don't think ESU would jump WLU.
    ESU is really bad in the record vs regionally ranked category. That will hurt them Sunday night.

I think WL is in good shape.

However, I'd cheer against Lock Haven just to be safe.

Leave a comment:

• Topper_Hopper
    replied
    Thinking out loud and without looking at the rankings, I can't easily envision a scenario where the Toppers would be on the bubble with a loss today. Maybe if Lock Haven and WVSU were to win their conference titles? Even then, I don't think ESU would jump WLU.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    I know the most recent regional rankings have WLU fans breathing a small sigh of relief, but I still think today's game is a must-win. This is the time of year when a bad loss must be avoided. I would argue that a loss in round 2 to Concord or a loss in the Finals to Charleston and WLU's resume still looks good enough to get in. But a loss today puts the Toppers firmly back on that very precarious bubble. So far, the chalk in the PSAC is helping matters for every at-large candidate, but I still see today as a must-win. Gotta take care of business against a pesky Glenville squad. Get it done, Toppers.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

So you're basically creating some sort of conspiracy theory and rubbish rumors like the media does... got it!
    Isn't that what we do all the time in an on-line forum? If you want double verified facts, you are in the wrong place. People give their opinions of what's going on or what they think should or could happen in the future.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I agree. Zero reason (interest) in leaving as things are right now. But if things change in a dramatic way, who knows.
    So you're basically creating some sort of conspiracy theory and rubbish rumors like the media does... got it!

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Correct, they have zero intentions of leaving the PSAC. It's a perfect home for them which is why they left the GLIAC years ago.
    I agree. Zero reason (interest) in leaving as things are right now. But if things change in a dramatic way, who knows.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Correct. Even Erie to Indiana is less than 3 hours.

The biggest question is why in the world would Gannon and Mercyhurst 'want' to leave? They don't, and, it's highly unlikely they aren't going to.
    Correct, they have zero intentions of leaving the PSAC. It's a perfect home for them which is why they left the GLIAC years ago.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

PSAC has an East and West. So it may only be once every few years Gannon has to travel to Shepherd. Not sure if GMAC has the same structure. But if not, you're going to Owensboro every year.
    Sure...But when you add the other East teams to the annual mix, let's just say that Gannon and Hurst are making multiple trips every year to PSAC East. There is a lot of churn going on right now among schools in the PSAC, MEC and GMAC...When the dust finally settles, the three conferences could (will?) look quite different.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

The biggest question is why in the world would Gannon and Mercyhurst 'want' to leave? They don't, and, it's highly unlikely they aren't going to.
    As it stands right now, you are right, no reason for either to move. But there is a very plausible scenario were Gannon and Hurst look at a PSAC that has condensed to either a dramatically reshuffled E/W or even one statewide league.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Slippery Rock and Clarion aren't too far either.

Sure beats going to Hillsdale, MI or Owensboro, KY for road games.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X