X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post

What, no accolades for the (ahem) Atlantic Region POY, Dalton Bolon?
    Well, it was very close between the two. Yoakum should have received consideration for the Atlantic POY along with Bolon. Fact that he didn't even make the the Atlantic First OR Second team is the real crime. Not many on that list that Yoakum doesn't match and quite a few that he is clearly better than. But by and large these lists have become an every team get's a trophy sort of thing. 10 spots on the First and Second team and nine different teams represented with every Atlantic Region conference having at least one player on the first AND second team.
    Last edited by boatcapt; 03-18-2020, 08:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    West Liberty post season awards:

Player of the Year: Will Yoakum
    6th Man of the Year: Marlon Moore
    Freshman of the Year: Bryce Butler
    Newcomer of the Year: Pat Robinson
    What, no accolades for the (ahem) Atlantic Region POY, Dalton Bolon?

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    West Liberty post season awards:

Player of the Year: Will Yoakum
    6th Man of the Year: Marlon Moore
    Freshman of the Year: Bryce Butler
    Newcomer of the Year: Pat Robinson

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Boswell Bombshell:

Apparently, Howlett announced during the post-game presser that the reason Boswell didn't play today is because he has hung up his basketball shoes for good. He's allegedly done--starting today.

Edit to add: early odds on Boswell turning up in the Angelo Dome next year?
    Per a VULCAN Dad, it is almost certain that PB will be in the Mon Valley come this fall. His arrival won't come close to covering the lost production of two top 8 players leaving CAL U. SANCOMB will be re-starting AGAIN.

Leave a comment:

• WVIAC-F-EVER
    replied
    He could be a graduate transfer or get his AA after the fall term and join a team the day after finals completed for the fall 2020... graduate transfer can transfer as many times as they want as long as they have semesters and seasons of competition remaining...

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
    Re: preston Boswell
    if i interpret the d2 rules correctly, u only get one d2 transfer. Else you must sit a year in residence and not play. Since he has one year left before 10 semester rule is reached, that would rule out a d2 destination.
    ??????but i am a dummy about these rules.
    I'd assume he'd be a grad transfer at this stage? Seems the rules go out the window with that process.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Re: preston Boswell
    if i interpret the d2 rules correctly, u only get one d2 transfer. Else you must sit a year in residence and not play. Since he has one year left before 10 semester rule is reached, that would rule out a d2 destination.
    ??????but i am a dummy about these rules.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Lord Crutch has a transfer. Matt Weir (New Concord, OH) is leaving the program. He started 20 games for Nova this year.

He's listed as a 6' PG.

Just a hunch but he'll end up in the Atlantic somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Anybody else leaving (beside Boswell)?

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Looking ahead to next year...
    No seniors on team.
    Two long range assassins coming to the hilltop.
    2nd leading scorer in Ohio history and only 2bd person to exceed 3,000 career points despite double and triple teams. Routinely scores from 40 ft as well as inside. Master of every shot. Basketball iq thru the roof and 4.0 gpa

17th leading scorer at over 2300 points. Great elevation and range on jump shot and dribble drive. Great student.

BTW this site leaves 35 tracking cookies on your pc after u visit in addition to Trojan that Kaspersky flags. Just another site where the product is info about YOU.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Log this under interesting. After going through most of the season clearly ahead of WLU in the national polls and in the W/L column, Nova Southeastern and St Crutch fell to four losses on the season and as a result, have fallen behind WLU in both national polls (13 and 14 in the NABC and 12 and 14 in the D2SIDA). Like the Toppers, Nova is ranked #2 in their region.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

I would have liked to see how McKinney (with his length and quick hands) would have hounded the Owens kid. Admittedly, Yoakum had a bit of trouble keeping Owens out of the lane, but I think it would have been a fun matchup to see McKinney D him up.

But it's a match-up we never got to see--Owens was out the first time WLU played NDC, and McKinney was out last night.
    If NDC beats Urbana and/or Frostburg loses to Fairmont, you could get your wish in the second round of the MEC Tourney.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Originally posted by timbertopper View Post

Ankle in practice. Hoping to have him back for Saturday. On the bench in street clothes at Notre Dame (and limping noticeably)
    I would have liked to see how McKinney (with his length and quick hands) would have hounded the Owens kid. Admittedly, Yoakum had a bit of trouble keeping Owens out of the lane, but I think it would have been a fun matchup to see McKinney D him up.

But it's a match-up we never got to see--Owens was out the first time WLU played NDC, and McKinney was out last night.

Leave a comment:

• timbertopper
    replied
    Anybody know why McKinney was in streets tonight? With Boswell's departure and Howlett's reluctance to use Hiles in anything other garbage time, McKinney being out really shortened the bench tonight and extended minutes for the starters significantly.

Hopefully it's not a long-term issue.
    Ankle in practice. Hoping to have him back for Saturday. On the bench in street clothes at Notre Dame (and limping noticeably)

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Anybody know why McKinney was in streets tonight? With Boswell's departure and Howlett's reluctance to use Hiles in anything other garbage time, McKinney being out really shortened the bench tonight and extended minutes for the starters significantly.

Hopefully it's not a long-term issue.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X