Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calu wbb 2017-18

An odd update on this years VULCANS WBB roster. No, I don't have names or other details, but two photos on twitter ( one with the team around the STANLEY CUP,) showed this years team of 15 players. After graduation in May, there were 11 returnees which means that COACH JESS has added 4 which includes Bianca Jasper and Taylin Tyler. No names but one appears to be at least as tall as Seairra Barrett. Do wish that Sports Information could be more forthcoming. More as it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
      An odd update on this years VULCANS WBB roster. No, I don't have names or other details, but two photos on twitter ( one with the team around the STANLEY CUP,) showed this years team of 15 players. After graduation in May, there were 11 returnees which means that COACH JESS has added 4 which includes Bianca Jasper and Taylin Tyler. No names but one appears to be at least as tall as Seairra Barrett. Do wish that Sports Information could be more forthcoming. More as it happens.
      Because I don't do Twitter, I can't see it. Even so, it sounds like JESS has added more than Jasper and Tyler...and that's what I was hoping for. Thanks for the update!

Comment

Originally posted by Feedoggie View Post
        Because I don't do Twitter, I can't see it. Even so, it sounds like JESS has added more than Jasper and Tyler...and that's what I was hoping for. Thanks for the update!
        Interesting, but not huge update. Though she is in the team photo, SEAIRRA BARRETT is not on the VB roster now. Guess the two sport experiment is over, which is fine with me. SB is going to be the focus of the team this year as a 4 year veteran and 3 year starter and I hope the weapons exist around her to get the most of her talent. 14-15..7.1ppg, 15-16..13.9 ppg, 16-17..18.6 ppg. ABBEY SPORIO isn't MIKI GLENN , but if she can cut down on her TO, will do just fine especially with her speed. With SEAIRRA, ABBEY and SHATARA PARSONS as the base, it will be quite a battle for the other two starting spots and #6. Really looking forward to it.

Comment

How do you guys see your Cal Lady Vulcans matching up against the IUP gals this year? IUP brings back the entire team IIRC. Glenn is a big loss as was evidenced in the PSAC title game last year.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
            How do you guys see your Cal Lady Vulcans matching up against the IUP gals this year? IUP brings back the entire team IIRC. Glenn is a big loss as was evidenced in the PSAC title game last year.

-
            Every Jess Strom team will be competitive. Last year we lost GLENN and LANA DOREN and had to throw several players with nominal playing time into the fire. I thought they played well and were not overwhelmed by the circumstances. With that experience and time in practice, I expect 3 of the players will have a big impact. VALLECORSA, COOPER, SUCKLING, HAHN and JENNINGS will all be given every opportunity to fill the shoes of MIKI, LANA ,PRECIOUS and BRITTANY. We know the recruits TYLER will likely be redshirted and JASPER as a PG will see minimal PT. There are two other players apparently added to the team but no details are available which likely means they are not that significant. The VULCAN WBB program has been nothing if not consistent and, barring injury, they should be in the mix both in the very competitive PSAC and just as tough ATLANTIC REGION. Time will tell.

Comment

Interesting, but not huge update. Though she is in the team photo, SEAIRRA BARRETT is not on the VB roster now. Guess the two sport experiment is over, which is fine with me. SB is going to be the focus of the team this year as a 4 year veteran and 3 year starter and I hope the weapons exist around her to get the most of her talent. 14-15..7.1ppg, 15-16..13.9 ppg, 16-17..18.6 ppg. ABBEY SPORIO isn't MIKI GLENN , but if she can cut down on her TO, will do just fine especially with her speed. With SEAIRRA, ABBEY and SHATARA PARSONS as the base, it will be quite a battle for the other two starting spots and #6. Really looking forward to it.
              Glad to hear BARRETT is not splitting her time with the volleyball team. I'm not a fan of "team sharing".
              I became a huge fan of SPORIO last year. But you're right; turnovers were her only negative. Her improvement last year was uncanny. So I expect continued improvement this year.

Comment

Latest apparent sighting of the two unnamed players on VULCANS WBB team were pictures tweeted today of FAMILY DAY team dance-off by class. Costumes prevented clear id, but based on last years roster, there appeared to be one extra Soph and one extra Junior. Most likely transfers, but STILL NO DETAILS !!!

Comment

Latest apparent sighting of the two unnamed players on VULCANS WBB team were pictures tweeted today of FAMILY DAY team dance-off by class. Costumes prevented clear id, but based on last years roster, there appeared to be one extra Soph and one extra Junior. Most likely transfers, but STILL NO DETAILS !!!
                  Whoever they are--- I just hope they aren't good basketball players! LOL.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                    Whoever they are--- I just hope they aren't good basketball players! LOL.

-
                    A little birdie told me JESS STROM has it all in hand.

Comment

FINALLY ! Besides TYLER and JASPER as freshman, JESS STROM has added 1soph and 2 junior transfers. At the same time often injured MORGAN JENNINGS is not on the roster. JIANHA FLOOD-FRANCIS (Jr) is a transfer from SALEM INTL out of West Mifflin. MIA CUSHON (Jr) is a JC transfer from PENN VALLEY JC of KANSAS. JAMIERE JEFFERIES (So) is a transfer from WILMINGTON U out of Germantown MD. Haven't had time to thoroughly research them except that CUSHON averaged 27 ppg at PVCC and for someone with a rather unusual name the only HS reference for that name is 2008 ??? Late bloomer ??? More to follow.

Comment

FINALLY ! Besides TYLER and JASPER as freshman, JESS STROM has added 1soph and 2 junior transfers. At the same time often injured MORGAN JENNINGS is not on the roster. JIANHA FLOOD-FRANCIS (Jr) is a transfer from SALEM INTL out of West Mifflin. MIA CUSHON (Jr) is a JC transfer from PENN VALLEY JC of KANSAS. JAMIERE JEFFERIES (So) is a transfer from WILMINGTON U out of Germantown MD. Haven't had time to thoroughly research them except that CUSHON averaged 27 ppg at PVCC and for someone with a rather unusual name the only HS reference for that name is 2008 ??? Late bloomer ??? More to follow.
                        Yep, just saw it on the team website, but of course with no other info. Sorry to see Jennings gone though.

Comment

Originally posted by Feedoggie View Post
                          Yep, just saw it on the team website, but of course with no other info. Sorry to see Jennings gone though.
                          If your body keeps breaking down, it's time to take up another sport. For 4 yrs of work she got a NC ring and a nice group of close friends. Could do a lot worse.
                          FLOOD-FRANCIS was probably someone STROM was interested in from WMHS, but chose SALEM for who knows what reason. JEFFERIES was a part time starter as a freshman at WU, but didn't seem like a game changer. CUSHON seems most likely to contribute. She once played her arch rival JC with only herself and 2 others on 5 and nearly beat them. Apparently a scorer, at least at the JC level, so we'll see how it all works out.

Comment

oops
                            Last edited by CALUPA69; 10-30-2017, 10:57 AM.

Comment

According to a tweet from @abbvii, ABBEY SPORIO, MIKI GLENN'S apparent successor, is on crutches. Don't know why or how bad it is, but that throws a major monkey wrench into JESS STROM'S plans for this year.

Comment

According to a tweet from @abbvii, ABBEY SPORIO, MIKI GLENN'S apparent successor, is on crutches. Don't know why or how bad it is, but that throws a major monkey wrench into JESS STROM'S plans for this year.
                                Major Bummer

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X