Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calu wbb 2017-18

No real challenge this weekend for the VULCAN women. COACH JESS continues to use everyone to some degree which is, I guess, sort of an on court audition. As prominent as her role was last year, I'm not sure ABBEY SPORIO is getting back into the starting lineup any time soon. With her injury slowing AS down, DJ HAHN has stepped in to become the 2nd in PT, 3rd in PPG and the main 3pt shooter with 9-19 .474%. MIA CUSHON is 3rd in PT, 2nd in PPG and 1st in RB. NATALIA CASALS seems to be the intended PG and is 1st in AST. Of course SHATARA is doing the heavy lifting @26.0 PPG and amazingly is the leading FT shooter with 24-33 .727%. With these four spots locked in, when SEAIRRA BARRETT returns in let's say January, it seems inevitable the minutes will be cut for the current #5,6,7 in PT being SPORIO, FLOOD-FRANCIS and JASPER. If they can keep it together until that time and have no more injuries, I think that CALU WBB will be right near the top of the conference, as usual. And the players will have a good deal more experience all the way down the bench.

Comment

UGH. One nasty night for the CalU Women's team. Went to Ohio Dominican and played a sloppy, cold-shooting, and just a substandard game last night.
      ODU just took them to school nearly the entire game. Turnovers galore. The other team looked like a well-oiled machine and had our girls looking totally out-classed.
      Now let's hope that is out of Cal's system onward!
      One 3-pointer last night, as opposed to 16 in their last game. (Isn't that how it generally happens?)
      Last edited by Feedoggie; 11-30-2017, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Feedoggie View Post
        UGH. One nasty night for the CalU Women's team. Went to Ohio Dominican and played a sloppy, cold-shooting, and just a substandard game last night.
        ODU just took them to school nearly the entire game. Turnovers galore. The other team looked like a well-oiled machine and had our girls looking totally out-classed.
        Now let's hope that is out of Cal's system onward!
        One 3-pointer last night, as opposed to 16 in their last game. (Isn't that how it generally happens?)
        Actually not that different except for the second quarter which they lost by 13pts. 1st qtr -3, 3rd qtr -2, 4th qtr even. The '15 NC team had a similar slip, AT HOME, versus a 15-13 FINDLAY team in the 5th game of the season. It really may not matter unless something really catastrophic happens @ASHLAND. First game of the season the AU WBB defeated ODU, and you may want to double check this because it seems unreal, 115-60 !!! Unless SEAIRRA and ABBEY are able to get back and play at full strength, this goes from a potentially very good year to rebuilding, thankfully with some nice talent. MIKI G is really missed when things get out of hand because NO ONE could settle things down and turn a game around like her. Here's hoping one of several PGs on the team can eventually take charge and give us even an approximation of #21. Nice, if unspectacular, win @BU today lead by SHATARA with 27 including her career 1,000 the pt. She is really a hard working gamer !!! Tomorrow a potentially tough game against 5-2 ESU.

Comment

Actually worse game (78-69 W) than ODU because ESU isn't nearly as good. VULCANS won the 1st qtr handily 24-8 and lost the rest of the game 54-61. Thank goodness for SHATARA with 33 pts on 13-17, 7-10 FT, 8 RB and 4 BLK. Next up 3 games vs weak opponents ( SHIP, UDC and WVSU) before they run up against BORO on 12/30 at CALU. Really hope SEAIRRA BARRETT is back to help take some of the load off PARSONS.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
            Actually worse game (78-69 W) than ODU because ESU isn't nearly as good. VULCANS won the 1st qtr handily 24-8 and lost the rest of the game 54-61. Thank goodness for SHATARA with 33 pts on 13-17, 7-10 FT, 8 RB and 4 BLK. Next up 3 games vs weak opponents ( SHIP, UDC and WVSU) before they run up against BORO on 12/30 at CALU. Really hope SEAIRRA BARRETT is back to help take some of the load off PARSONS.
            Yes. We need Barrett asap. Shatara needs some help. I thought she was going to get herself ejected today. The officials were trying to get under her skin. Two of those striped shirts have always been a thorn in California's side. One is an iup grad. Today's game should have been a laugher, but turned out to be a nail-biter for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Feedoggie View Post
              Yes. We need Barrett asap. Shatara needs some help. I thought she was going to get herself ejected today. The officials were trying to get under her skin. Two of those striped shirts have always been a thorn in California's side. One is an iup grad. Today's game should have been a laugher, but turned out to be a nail-biter for me.
              It was a bit strange that STROM and her staff let SP have a prolonged "discussion" at halftime, at midcourt, without stepping in. Even the ESU broadcast team mentioned that she was pretty close to trouble if she kept talking. True to her spirit, they weren't able to control her game. Really would like to know, from anyone on campus, if SEAIRRA is practicing with the team yet.

Comment

It was a bit strange that STROM and her staff let SP have a prolonged "discussion" at halftime, at midcourt, without stepping in. Even the ESU broadcast team mentioned that she was pretty close to trouble if she kept talking. True to her spirit, they weren't able to control her game. Really would like to know, from anyone on campus, if SEAIRRA is practicing with the team yet.

Cal's behavior got worse as the day went on...As I was leaving the fieldhouse, ESU Campus Police was taking statements from someone who said they were threatened with violence by someone from California...Cal's AD was contacted...Shame on Cal...That crap has to stop...
                Last edited by WarriorVoice; 12-04-2017, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                  Cal's behavior got worse as the day went on...As I was leaving the fieldhouse, ESU Campus Police was taking statements from someone who said they were threatened with violence by someone from California...Cal's AD was contacted...Shame on Cal...That crap has to stop...
                  Can we at least wait until we get beyond the "someone said that someone did" stage before we start handing out blame? On an entire institution yet. If the AD was contacted, I'm sure she will take whatever action is deemed appropriate.

Comment

Just telling you what I saw and heard...
                    Last edited by WarriorVoice; 12-04-2017, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Can you explain a little further? I see on the box scores of both the men's and women's games there were no technical fouls or ejections on either side.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                        Just telling you what I saw and heard...
                        What you heard and saw was someone reporting something to ESU campus police which is somewhat different from witnessing an incident. Things happen at most athletic events that shouldn't. Try watching your local soccer or hockey matches. If you have direct knowledge of what you suggest happened please contact ESU authorities. Otherwise hold your fire until the facts are known.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          Can you explain a little further? I see on the box scores of both the men's and women's games there were no technical fouls or ejections on either side.
                          All I was talking about was what I saw on the live stream which was SHATARA PARSONS having a prolonged discussion with all three officials after the 2nd qtr buzzer. She is not a meek player and as with other leading players she seemed to think she wasn't being treated fairly. OR they may have been discussing the weather for all I know. Apparently COACH STROM felt she was acting appropriately and didn't need to intervene. Ask WV about anything else.

Comment

What you heard and saw was someone reporting something to ESU campus police which is somewhat different from witnessing an incident. Things happen at most athletic events that shouldn't. Try watching your local soccer or hockey matches. If you have direct knowledge of what you suggest happened please contact ESU authorities. Otherwise hold your fire until the facts are known.

I never said I witnessed an incident. I overheard the student making the complaint to the Campus Police officer.

Comment

CAL ladies didn't have a great game against 1-9 Shippensburg. They played quite sloppily, and blew a 17 pt lead to win by only 9. The refs were horrible...as bad as I've seen this year.
                              Man, I hope Barrett and Sporio are coming along well, so they can soon join this team. That was the poorest Lady Raider team I've ever seen.

Comment

Three games since that game at SHIP, all three Ws, all three not pretty, but at least this close win was against a formidable BORO team. Only bright spots, aside from the win, were SHATARA PARSONS, as expected, and DJ HAHN who is quietly solidifying her position as a starter even when SEAIRRA BARRETT makes her long awaited return. The D is still as aggressive as ever and ultimately what pulls out these close games, but if any team like IUP in a couple weeks ever gets hot, I'm afraid we're looking at a repeat of the embarrassment at ODU. The only other curious note is the apparent emergence of FR BIANCA JASPER as a possible lead guard. COACH JESS has tried at least 3 different players there and seems to be settling with JASPER more or less by default. Unless they are upset in one of the next five games, the VULCANS will be 16-1 heading into the PSAC WEST WBB game of the year versus the CRIMSON HAWKS who could still be undefeated and highly ranked. Should be fun, looking forward to it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X