PSAC WOMEN'S PRESEASON POLL

http://psacsports.org/news/2016/10/2...027164123.aspx

Comment

Re: PSAC

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      PSAC Preseason Polls and First-Team Selections announced:

http://www.psacsports.org/news/2016/...027163219.aspx

Thanks for pointing out, ICH.
      Hmmm.. can't really disagree with those East rankings. I'd have considered putting Bloom lower as they lost some guys from last year but that's about it for "complaints." I'll leave the West rankings be since I just don't know enough about the West division to offer a good opinion.

Comment

Ugh. The Cal men picked to finish 9th out of 9. Pretty much makes me want to hurl after reading that. Can't remember EVER seeing Cal in a ranking like that preseason, but that's what they've become thanks to Brown hanging on too many years. I and the other Cal faithful have much to be thankful for this year. I have a good feeling about what's going to be the beginning of something much sweeter in our men's basketball. The women's team?...Oh, they'll take care of business! 

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post
          Hmmm.. can't really disagree with those East rankings. I'd have considered putting Bloom lower as they lost some guys from last year but that's about it for "complaints." I'll leave the West rankings be since I just don't know enough about the West division to offer a good opinion.
          Who did Bloom lose that would have made a difference?

Comment

Comment

If Pat Cleary can build chemistry early on using the transfers he brought in I can see Edinboro finishing fourth. Those top three are pretty formidable though.
              Last edited by Fightingscot82; 10-28-2016, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                Who did Bloom lose that would have made a difference?
                Haigler is the most obvious one to me - not a great offensive player but an excellent defender. Garner and Lyons were also solid players who are going to have to be replaced. Neither was elite but Garner was last year's leading rebounder and showed some secondary scoring ability - between some of the guys already there (Sneed on the boards) and some of the transfers they brought in I don't think he's irreplaceable but it could take time for the team to figure out exactly how to do that. Lyons is probably more easily replaceable since he didn't excel at any one thing but he did still find ways to contribute on both ends of the court and experience is always nice.

Comment

The hardest part with D2 Preseason Polls is just the unknown factor. There are so many new faces in the West this year. Is one of them a true game-changer ... we'll find out soon enough. How do you seriously make any guess to how Slippery Rock will be when, literally, 12 of the 14 players listed are new to the program. As it's proven every year, Reynolds will be .500 on Christmas Eve ... and a terror the rest of the way.
                  Who in the blue heck does Kevin Reynolds know in Iowa to bring have five of his players transferring in from Marshalltown Community College? Four of them transferred in this season, while a fifth redshirted last season.
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                    Who in the blue heck does Kevin Reynolds know in Iowa to bring have five of his players transferring in from Marshalltown Community College? Four of them transferred in this season, while a fifth redshirted last season.
                    LOL. Certainly IUP WBB great Jahzinga Tracey came from Iowa---but that was only because there was an assistant coach who was from there and who's father was Tracey's teacher and recommended her.

Yeah, it does seem odd to have an Iowa pipeline. But I guess coaches are big on doing the whole networking thing. Who knows what connections they have.

And besides, doesn't Iowa just sound like one of those states that you would be just dying to get out of?

-

Comment

Originally posted by Feedoggie View Post
                      Ugh. The Cal men picked to finish 9th out of 9. Pretty much makes me want to hurl after reading that. Can't remember EVER seeing Cal in a ranking like that preseason, but that's what they've become thanks to Brown hanging on too many years. I and the other Cal faithful have much to be thankful for this year. I have a good feeling about what's going to be the beginning of something much sweeter in our men's basketball. The women's team?...Oh, they'll take care of business! 
                      Based on absolutely zero evidence, CALU will NOT finish in the basement this season because before last year, the VULCANS had last finished at the bottom in 1976. So rare occurrence.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post
                        Haigler is the most obvious one to me - not a great offensive player but an excellent defender. Garner and Lyons were also solid players who are going to have to be replaced. Neither was elite but Garner was last year's leading rebounder and showed some secondary scoring ability - between some of the guys already there (Sneed on the boards) and some of the transfers they brought in I don't think he's irreplaceable but it could take time for the team to figure out exactly how to do that. Lyons is probably more easily replaceable since he didn't excel at any one thing but he did still find ways to contribute on both ends of the court and experience is always nice.
                        Garner is in the team picture, and I expect him to show up 2nd semester. He was trying to get a medical redshirt, and probably got an extra semester. Looking at the roster, there seems to be more talent this year with the transfers. If they can come together, it"ll be a good year for the men.

Comment

VC posted some Mon Valley news:

10/21/2016 - California (PA) 2015 SF Jacob Thibodeau (6-5, 205, 2★) has enrolled in school and been added to the official team roster.
                          10/21/2016 - California (PA) 2016 PG Ramon Creighton (6-1, 215, 2★) has enrolled in school and been added to the official team roster.
                          10/21/2016 - California (PA) 2016 PG Jordan Gessner (6-0, 160, 2★) has enrolled in school and been added to the official team roster.
                          10/21/2016 - California (PA) 2014 PG Rashawn Browne (6-1, 170, 2★) has enrolled in school and been added to the official team roster.
                          10/21/2016 - California (PA) 2014 SG Jason Capco (6-4, 195, 2★) will be transferring.
                          10/21/2016 - California (PA) JUCO SF Ro Teckle (6-7, 205, 2★) has enrolled in school and been added to the official team roster.
                          10/21/2016 - California (PA) 2013 SF Jameal Tucker (6-6, 200, 2★) has enrolled in school and been added to the official team roster.
                          10/21/2016 - California (PA) JUCO SF Mike Stevenson (6-5, 200, 2★) has enrolled in school and been added to the official team roster.
                          Don't know anything about any of these other guys, but Ramon Creighton is a pretty good player. Nice pickup for Cal. Played on a really, really good Allderdice team that I believe lost in the state title game. A friend of mine who's an assistant high school coach told me that Creighton had some small D1 interest. He was a guy I honestly would've like to have seen IUP land. Good player.

Comment

I would've out UPJ ahead of Hurst if I had a vote. Lot coming back there. I felt like you could see last year they were close. I think they'll be a major player in the West this year. They are my sleeper team in the Atlantic Region to actually make the NCAA tournament. That might be bold, but I could see that happening this year. Obviously a lot has to play out, but I like UPJ this year.

Comment

I didn't realize the Clarion vs Kentucky game was actually yesterday. The final as 108-51.

Comment

Tennessee 83
                                Rock 48

It was a decent game at the half. The Vols poured it on in the second half.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X